Eternally Missed. That's a really good song, except I'm still not sure if I like the creepy whispering bit at the end. Either way, it's... interesting.

I just made a 'B-sides' CD, and I loved this song from the start. It has similarities to another song of theirs, which I can't identify - I am rubbish at identifying songs, even Muse songs which I have heard a million times :$

And yes, that ending is WEIRD :eek:

Do We Need This, haven't listened to it in probably over 2 years but, fuck me, I remember why it used to be one of my favourites now. Made me pick up guitar for the first time in months as well.

Listening to this now for the first time. I will add it to my CD :)

I just made a 'B-sides' CD, and I loved this song from the start. It has similarities to another song of theirs, which I can't identify - I am rubbish at identifying songs, even Muse songs which I have heard a million times :$

Hmm, well I just listened to it again and there were parts that reminded me of Sunburn and Hyper Music. I dunno if either of those are what you were thinking of... But now I feel like it reminded me of something else that I can't put my finger on either.

Hyperchondriac music..

I already knew about the song.. But after listening to hundreds of their songs on the way back from their last concert and thinking about their live performance of Blackout.. I couldn't help but thinking about the utter oppositeness of this track on contrary to the Hypermusic original.

It's just three verses, but the way it's arranged in this version is so much more emotional and powerfull..

(I knew about the song, because I have the Hullabaloo DVD, where they use it as an end credits song/GREAT CHOICE BTW).

Sunburn - though, it's one of those songs that I wish someone would write out a complete thesis on the meaning.

The videoclip should say it all.

Best description I could find:

Song Meaning:

I've heard that Muse is really into conspiracy theories and stuff.. I think this song is about that. There are some theories about mass mind-control experiments and projects, including beliefs that the media is being used to brainwash ppl by sending subliminal messages through music and tv etc. The fact that mirrors are a big part of the video also fits into this, because mirrors were a "control" used in mind-control experiments.

At the beginning when she says "Come waste your millions", I imagine an artist who's been willing to become a part of this mind-control project, in exchange for the promise of wealth and fame. The millions being the money ppl will spend on CDs, etc. But then because she realizes she's become a part of something deep and dark, she begins to feel guilty. But, she realizes too late that she's trapped in it, she's become a puppet. She cries out silently (wishing) for the "secret" to be revealed, the truth to be told to the fans who adore her; she wants the truth out so she can escape.

In the end, where it says "I'll hide behind a broken frame", it reminds me of another symbol that was a part of mind-control: sunglasses and dark shades. They are supposed to represent a mind that is already being controlled, that is blinded. She's become a victim of the experiment herself.

I dunno, this is what it sounds like to me... anyone??

I believe it's one of those videos where the video itself actually emphesizes on the song, rather than 'just entertain'.

Edited by DjDark

The videoclip should say it all.

Best description I could find:

I believe it's one of those videos where the video itself actually emphesizes on the song, rather than 'just entertain'.

Lol, that's not it. It's about the different lable companies trying to get them into signing. There was one that flew them into Los Angeles with a private jet, drove them around in a limousine and threw expensive parties for them - basically wasting millions. The whole album is about them trying to achieve success and their relation with their hometown. Songs like Sunburn, Muscle Museum, Falling Down and Showbiz carry these messages the best.

Lol, that's not it. It's about the different lable companies trying to get them into signing. There was one that flew them into Los Angeles with a private jet, drove them around in a limousine and threw expensive parties for them - basically wasting millions. The whole album is about them trying to achieve success and their relation with their hometown. Songs like Sunburn, Muscle Museum, Falling Down and Showbiz carry these messages the best.

You have to admit, it would've made for an interesting theory though.

And I knew the meaning of Muscle Museum, I guess I should've known better.