LP9: WOTP Discussion/Speculation Thread

Jobby

2 minutes ago, Claudia O said:

Seems they realised the leak

Well, they know we will have something to discuss on the boards still. I wonder if they know we are talking about the new music on here? If they know, I am wondering what they think. 

2 hours ago, That Little Animal said:

Chris’ mask though… his face doesn’t transfer well, apparently. He’s easily the hottest Muse member and easily the ugliest mask. 

Dom

just looks like mashed potato with eyes and a mouth

Chris’ still has bones

2 hours ago, Claudia O said:

So it will be a concept album then?

I’m not getting that vibe tbh, I think they just like having some continuity in their music videos nowadays.

53 minutes ago, Clunge said:

Bleurghghrgh.

How can they churn this out after producing something as good as Dead Inside just a few years ago...

This is like Dead Inside if it was perfect

There are ~no~ flaws

Compliance leaves me… very perplexed. That’a all I can muster for now. 

I mean, the bass line is killer, Dom’s drum work is egregious, you can feel there’s a teeny weeny Muse-y feel buried in there, but…  I don’t know, to me it feels too restrained and dry. Too quiet. I wonder why they didn’t beefed more up the choruses with some guitar à la Easily. 

I feel (and I hope) it’s going to turn out as the weakest track in the new album. 

2 hours ago, AE3522 said:

Yes, for me, the pills make it seem like people are given the choice to join the Matrix, or not. 

That's the origin but for a bunch of years now it's been used by the alt-right and other radicalised groups as a metaphor for "waking up", usually by realising that feminism, progressive ideals and just...believing in facts is wrong. Considering the rest of the lyrical content, I'd say it's far more likely to be related to that, rather than just The Matrix itself.

• Like 1

Oh and the song...well it and Won't Stand Down are both better than the lead singles to Simulation Theory, but worse than Dead Inside and Psycho. I still believe this can be a pretty good Muse album. But a whole album of this quality would be thoroughly underwhelming and just...mediocre.

1 hour ago, Citizen_Eraser said:

Listened to it like 10 times, who in the fuck thought the level the bass is currently at in the mix was appropriate? It should be right there along side the synths in the chorus. That bass line and dirtier synths could save this song.

I think the bass will come out a bit more prominent than it sounded in the vid. I’m hopeful it’ll be satisfactory. 

Edited by That Little Animal

Wonder if the band will put their money where their mouth is and sell those masks ahead of their gigs. It would be interesting to see how far they want to take this "masked vigilante's taking down the world order" bit. A bit ironic that they're still going to leverage every aspect of the neo-capitalist structure to promote and sell this record. Nothing new but it's a weird image to keep still on projecting after all these years....

13 hours ago, Citizen_Eraser said:

Also with the very ambiguous announcement of "Compliance" dropping with no mention that it was a song, along side the album track anagrams (that I guess were discovered?) I was expecting Thursday to be an album and tracklisting announcement. Not a song. But I guess a song is nice.

Album is Will Of The People, we’ll presumably get album details either tomorrow or within the next week or so as well.

Hope everyone’s ready for Psycho Tour 2 btw, here it comes

1 hour ago, Jobby said:

Album is Will Of The People, we’ll presumably get album details either tomorrow or within the next week or so as well.

Hope everyone’s ready for Psycho Tour 2 btw, here it comes

Why? Are there any hints?