LP9: WOTP Discussion/Speculation Thread

Jobby

50 minutes ago, Dysfunco said:

Not only is the song not very good, but above all else I really miss the way Matt used to sing. The way he do some of the verses these days -- Thought Contagion, Won't Stand Down, Compliance -- too me sounds like an old person trying to sound modern. Which is rarely a good idea. It's just not who he is, and what his voice and singing style is suited for.

That's a shame. What's also a shames is the growing feeling that their incredible musical talent as a band is utilised less and less for every album. Where's the finesse?

Yeah, he can sound like a constipated dad in a local musical production. I got used to it. 

55 minutes ago, Hullabaloo said:

I totally agree with you; he doesn't use his voice as before and that's a real shame.

Last time I was here was 10 years ago I think, I must say I'm quite excited by the new album and that makes me want to connect with the Muse community again. It's nice to be experiencing the excitement for an upcoming album, I haven't felt this for ages! 

I'm not expecting to hear the old Muse that I completely adored but I'm hoping for some good vibes with this new album; so far I'm liking the new songs 🙂 

Welcome back 😎

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Claudia O said:

ok… 🤔

why not on BBC1 ? Loads more people could listen, right?

Apple is Global where as BBC1 is presumably region blocked! Maybe a sponsorship issue, because you can't rail against capitalism without appearing on the radio station of one of the world's largest global corporations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Claudia O said:

Ah ok thx!

Plus.. we have a release date for the album, late … plus pre-orders for special editions 😱 

https://store.muse.mu/eu/

Why the cassettes though? Nostalgia for vinyl or CDs has a sound quality aspect to it, but I can’t imagine anyone is pining for the sound of cassettes. And the retro hipster aspect wore off about 12 years ago. I don’t get it. Plastic waste. 

9 minutes ago, That Little Animal said:

Why the cassettes though? Nostalgia for vinyl or CDs has a sound quality aspect to it, but I can’t imagine anyone is pining for the sound of cassettes. And the retro hipster aspect wore off about 12 years ago. I don’t get it. Plastic waste. 

money money money

Haha, you can't order a qty less than 3 of any of the new products :D