• 1 month later...

I am actually a fairly new fan to Muse. :$

I found out about them last year (Around October, November), whilst my friend was playing Guitar Hero 3. He was playing KoC, and the conversation went something like this... my mate's called Callum

"Hey, Cal, whats this song your playing?"

"It's called Knight of Cydonia, why?"

"'Cos it's awesome. Who sings it?"

"I think it was something like Muse."

"Muse... Muse... You got a pen?"

"Somewhere... Ah, here"

"Cheers" *Writes song and artist on hand*

<<<>>>

I got home the next day (I slept over his house that night) and downloaded KoC. Was listening to it quite a lot. It wasn't until December-ish that I decided to actually look into more of their stuff. In no order, the songs and my reactions.

TiRO - Now THIS is a good song :D... Wow... he can sing.

SmBH - This intro riff is awesome... These lyrics are awesome...

SS - And ANOTHER awesome opening riff.

Newborn - Wow.., this piano intor is ama... *Start Guitar* HOLY CRAP!

and it goes on and on...

I had tickets for a Festival here in Lisbon(2004). i bought them because i wanted to see Linkin Park . when i was having lunch , Time is Running out was on TV and my sister said " they are one of the bands playing before LP". i didnt say a thing but a tought crossed my mind " they are crap".

7 hours later i saw them live. and saw the light.

I first heard Muse when the Plug In Baby single was released; surfing the music channels late at night, I got half of it but I wasn't really listening. It did kinda stick in my head, though. I think I also heard Hysteria in music shops quite a lot, but again I didn't know the band name (or the song name).

Then about a year ago I heard Map Of The Problematique and SMBH and I just kinda clicked with it. I copied BHAR off my dad's CD and got really into it; then I got Showbiz (which I liked less but gradually came to like) and Absolution. Absolution was absolutely brilliant; it's still my favourite Muse album to date. OoS I DL'd from iTunes and that basically was it.

So yeah. I REALLY like Muse. =D

Hmmm

Time is running out

got sick of it cos Kerrang played it to death and the music was too mature for me, who only cared about puck bands.

Then I saw the Sing for Absolution as well as Butterflies video and was hooked independantly. Just like bands that say something I agree with ''you've got to change the world, and use this chance...to be heard.''

I was hooked from then on

Starlight on Saturday morning Music Video program.

Heard it, was quite impressed - continued on my way.

Heard it again next week - then I hopped online and began listening to it repetitively on Youtube. Decided to look into their other music, found Plug In Baby & Muscle Museum (Which was a bit of variation) and those were the 3 songs that sparked the love :happy:

Then a couple of weeks later after enjoying most of their other stuff - it was kind of like a 'Farking hell - why didn't I come across this band sooner" :p

Time is Running Out back in 2003 when it first came out on the radio, thought this is great i'll check the video to it. Then from there there was obviously links to other videos such as New Born, Hysteria and Sunburn est... And I was hooked, brought Absolution and all there other albums that were out at the time (Showbiz and OoS) Been a fan ever since :p

The song was Hysteria and was on some music channel.

I'd never heard of them and this must have been just after they released this song.

I thought - crikey - nice bass riff. Then came the guitar distorting its way up and the simply but brilliant drumming and the song just got better and better.

I forgot about it for a while then heard Plug In Baby on the same channel and thought they seemed pretty familiar. The guitar riff was incredible so I decided to snoop around for more 'Muse' and found they did Hysteria too!

So it was the rock and roll muse that got me into them but I tended to prefer the more classical, acoustic stuff like Sunburn, Hyper Chondriac Music and Nature_1 once I got really into them.

In july 2006 i heard SMBH and thought WOW that was amazing but couldnt decide if i should get black holes and revelations. Anywho i watched them on tv at reading 2006 i was like fuck that was the BEST music i've ever heard so then i bought it...

Well B&R was on constant repeat..... yeah thats my reaction. Became slightly obsessed :LOL:

i heart TiRO on radio

then freind forced me to listen to them on her iPod..so i had no idea what they looked like..i literally just stood in amazement :eek:

but i had a warm feeling inside. after that...i have never listened to anything else with so much passion.

Quite a long time ago a good friend sent me Knights of Cydonia to listen to because she really liked it when it was released and we have a similar taste in music...so I was like..."Mmh...yeah thanks, I think I like it. I'll listen to it later once again..."

Later, my hard drive crashed. :supersad:

Sigh.

Thank Goodness she sent me Knights of Cydonia - among others like Hysteria, Plug in Baby, Micro Cuts, TIRO, etc - again...some YT links to several performances followed...and that was it. It got me sucked in. :musesign:

I couldn't believe I've missed out music like that for all those years...

And I truly blame the media here - there's hardly ever a report or even a song of Muse on any radio station I can receive...Today, I kinda feel personally offended by this ignorance. :phu:

Well, first things I bought next were some albums of a certain band. I've never regretted that. Haha. :LOL:

iTunes recommended Stockholm Syndrome to me in 2004, and I listened to the clip, and thought, "I must have this song." After I got it, it was all I listened to for a long time, and then I also searched for more of their songs. It was very different from what I was listening to at the time and I loooooved it.

I was thinking that falsetto singing is gay...then after a few hears I liked the tune...but it wasnt until ages after that, my sister brought the album...and probley wasnt till six months after that I really got into them...so yes I'm kinda new to muse...kinda:stunned:

It was about seventh grade. I was on yahoo's launch.com which was basically a music video streamer when suddenly TIRO comes up. I was pretty impressed, I immediately knew that these guys were different and the video itself was pretty awesome.

Soon after that I realized my best friend had also heard them (independently) so when I showed him the video he was like "omg I was just about to show you this band!"

So for the next few years I had muse up among my other favorite bands...because I was still to immature and foolish to see the light. I had only absolution for the longest time, and was pretty much musically incompetent to truly appreciate it for the longest time.

then high school freshman year came and a girl in my bio class started singing the most BIZARRE lyrics... "my plug in babyyy...crucifies my enemies..." and I kind of freaked out, thinking she was singing some crazy death metal song when she tells me its a band called Muse. I say orly?! I love Muse (not as much as I should) I say back, and she lends me her OoS she imported from Europe.

I go home, listenn to it, love it, but I still fail to see the bigger picture of Muse. It wasn't until I think my sophomore year when I spontaneously had what I can only call an epiphany. It was weird, a really big sudden spike in my music taste and artistic maturity. It was like a blind man given back his sight. That is when my obsession began.;)

Haha. Please forgive me. But the first time I heard Muse, it was 2006. And they'd just released Supermassive Black Hole. I came across the video to it on some music channel.

And my first reaction?

'Ooh, he's fit.'

;D

But I grew to love the song so much, so that's okay. (:

& it just spawned from there.

Archived