The WILL TRAVEL FOR MUSE Club!

gocanux

Well, roundtrip flight from Rockford, IL to Las Vegas to see them in December was 2898 miles. Then I drove about 1341 miles (mostly alone) to see them in Chicago, Detroit, and Nashville. So total distance since December is 4239 miles. And when they announce dates in the fall I plan on attending every gig within a 10 hour drive as long as I have the funds and vacation time available. I would love to go to Wembley but I just can't manage that at the moment.

Actually, when BBC Radio 6 did their Muser interviews there was someone on this forum who had travelled all the way from New Zealand, I think to see them play V or another UK based festival. I can remember she also had a parrot called Dom.

That was me! Actually, I don't know why I'm owning up to that. It's pretty looney. And I was on XFM, too, when they had their Muse Weekend the other day. *blushes* Sadly, Dom died last year when I was in Europe for the tour. I miss the wee bugger. He was the fattest, vainest bird on the planet!

I'll be making the trip from New Zealand to the UK for Muse for the third time in September. I'm pretty confident that no one has ever travelled further for them than me, mainly because you just can't get any further away from the UK than here (it's a 27-hour direct flight). Without leaving the planet altogether, mind. Any aliens who can beat me, do feel free to speak up.

That was me! Actually, I don't know why I'm owning up to that. It's pretty looney. And I was on XFM, too, when they had their Muse Weekend the other day. *blushes* Sadly, Dom died last year when I was in Europe for the tour. I miss the wee bugger. He was the fattest, vainest bird on the planet!

I'll be making the trip from New Zealand to the UK for Muse for the third time in September. I'm pretty confident that no one has ever travelled further for them than me, mainly because you just can't get any further away from the UK than here (it's a 27-hour direct flight). Without leaving the planet altogether, mind. Any aliens who can beat me, do feel free to speak up.

I love your sig! And that is awesome that you've traveled so far to see them.

• 2 weeks later...

racking up the FF miles for Muse ... United should be crediting me shortly for the Vacouver-PDX miles soon and the +1 was kinda surprised :erm: at the one-way car rental $-tag :LOL: going to go the whole summer w/o a live show :supersad:

• 3 weeks later...

Was living in Australia.

Moved to England in September last year, subsequently flew back to see them at BDO 2010. Part of a one week hit-and-run trip to visit some people (but Muse were about 80% of the reason for the trip, who am I kidding).

:D

The furthest I've traveled has been Nashville, TN only about 4.5 hours, but I'll be driving an additional 2 hours to see them In Cincinnati this fall. They don't come to Indiana, they drive through as fast as they can and only when they have to, like most good bands. So I always have to travel across state lines to see them. It's fun though, makes it an adventure!

Currently live in DC and roadtripped one week from DC to Baltimore to NYC, also missing 2 finals along to way. Does that make me in the "Will Fail School for Muse Club" too? :LOL: In the fall I'm doing Charlottesville so far, flying home for ACL (they better be there! :fear:), and am trying to save up for Wembley. Ooh, and if they do NYC again, I'll be there too! :D

I'm travelling with nattles from Melbourne(Aust) to see the boys at Wembley. We were hoping more european dates would open up along our travels but no such luck!!!! But we will see them in Melbourne in November and I'm trying to convince nattles to do the Sydney shows as well.

And in 3 years time when they are touring their next album i'm hoping to do usa/canada and europe tour.....it's a dream but you gotta have em

I'm travelling with nattles from Melbourne(Aust) to see the boys at Wembley. We were hoping more european dates would open up along our travels but no such luck!!!! But we will see them in Melbourne in November and I'm trying to convince nattles to do the Sydney shows as well.

And in 3 years time when they are touring their next album i'm hoping to do usa/canada and europe tour.....it's a dream but you gotta have em

Ok, Ok the seed has been planted (well and truely) but some of us don't have long service yet and can't get that much time off work!!:(

Ok, Ok the seed has been planted (well and truely) but some of us don't have long service yet and can't get that much time off work!!

Good i'm going to keep watering that seed. It will only be 2 days off work for Sydney!!!:D

Pity your going on a lengthy european holiday in Sept.....:D

Flying from San Fran to LA this September - not that far a distance definitely. I nearly was flying to Edmonton last month and that would have coincided with their gig where they played bliss :( Still, I caught them in Oakland (or San Francisco as Matt beautifully called it :D ) and it was a fantastic show

Archived