The WILL TRAVEL FOR MUSE Club!

gocanux

:bumpity!: :bump! :bump!:

So ... who is traveling and from where! for Lolla Chicago - Muse headlining?

Hiya Jae, thanks for reviving this old thread I started. I'm hoping to join the Pacific NW Musers at Lolla, but the timing is going to be tricky. But the usual suspects from my neck of the woods are already planning, saving, requesting time off work, etc! Shame it's Chicago in August (*coughHellOnEarthcough*) tho. Gee, that would bring me up to an even 3 dozen gigs, and expand my list of states by one too! (ten? I know it's 5 countries, have to add up the states....)

Edit: that would make 11 states, I will definitely travel for Muse!

Can I join this club??? I travelled twice to Canada to see them. Even though it was by car, I did need a passport to get across the border. Does that count?

As an aside, my dream would be to see them at Wembley. Someday I will make it there! I would love to see them on their own turf!

I never noticed this thread until today. You can add me to the list of people who has traveled for Muse, and plans to do the Lolla/Chicago trip from New England. :D

I will be flying from Phoenix to Chicago for this. ;) According to Google, if I drove it would be 1,750 miles.

Also, I'm planning on being at the next Wembley gig...so I'll post here again in 201X when the sixth album is out. :awesome:

I've travelled to Paris twice to see Muse.

It's not particularly far, but one of those times was at 3 days' notice (with two children to make arrangements for, that ain't easy). The second time was the first time I'd travelled abroad alone.

I'm tempted to go to Lolla if they headline but right now I don't have the money :(

Muse are the only band I've travelled any distance for. But then I live in London, so most bands come to me :D

I persuaded a group of friends to change our Vegas trip to April last year so I could watch them in the Mandalay Bay...(dragged another friend who isnt a Muser...and susequently enjoyed herself)...also to Madrid last June...(dragging my husband....who most def isn't a Muser....who enjoyed the alcohol!!!)....seriously contemplated Australia for the end of the tour and incorporating a holiday but couldn't justify dragging the children that far :(

• 1 year later...
There has been a bit of discussion in various threads about the lengths that many of us will go to, to see the best live band on the planet perform. So, why not a club for the truly obsessive world-traveling Musers? We will need input on criteria for eligibility; certainly anyone who travels to another country or state, or other long-distance travel, is in like Flynn! HelenT and I, both veterans of multiple trans-Atlantic journeys to see the band perform, have been nominated as presidents; co-presidents, one from UK and one from US sounds even better, we accept! (Can I speak for you, Helen?)

I would nominate Liron for an official officer, as she has been from Israel to France, then to UK (separate trip), and also to the US, with coast-to-coast band-following and multiple gigs.

Any other likely candidates for WTFM membership or officers?

A few who pop into my head:

ocean5

Sylvie

Arman

Firebaptist

maccah

hyper

forwen

althea

satan

kiernana

aur0bells

canuxfan44

(Edit: more added! The list keeps growing...)

judderman

theangelthatislo

Britrock

bucjo

Zoja

Charming queen

After8

lostkiwibird

MelAssassin

GeorgyDrachenkoeter

Blackwings

Timrich

citizen_pb

cgreen

AllSoArty

Dutch

Krnflakgrl

sools

Sebso

Purplesum

Poison ver.2.0

Evilduck

J33-3

Rog54

Don't be offended if I forgot to mention you (cut me some slack; I'm old!)----just copy the list and add away!!

And I assume anyone listed will be going to MuseFest.....!:D

EDIT: there is no way now to keep this list up to date, the list has grown too huge!

Added me to the list! Better late than never!:musesign::musesign:

• 3 weeks later...

I feel that I belong here too :) I became an avid fan in 2009 and managed to visit 4 Muse concerts already! They' won't come to my country soon and my standard of living won't allow me to actually follow them... But it's my greatest joy to travel once in a year to a Muse show! Last year I made it to the Reading festival and it was kind of an exciting time machine! And lately I've been lucky to see them in Budapest. Cheers to all a-mused travellers :happy:

Archived