The WILL TRAVEL FOR MUSE Club!

gocanux

When your trip to Australia with a fellow Muser becomes a MuseTrip even without a gig: looking for Muse associations everywhere!

Sydney:

P1090611.jpg

Alice Springs:

P1090636.jpg

Uluru:

P1100605.jpg

(Howard the World-Traveling Bear, named many years ago but oddly appropriate, with Helen's new friend Wolstie the Wombat!)

Darwin:

P1090838.jpg

Bathurst Island, NT:

P1100125.jpg

P1100126.jpg

(It's all in the captions below the photos...)

Port Douglas:

P1100254_2.jpg

(Why did I take a picture of this young man?)

Brisbane:

P1100768.jpg

At a street market

P1110024.jpg

This is what I acquired on our last day, spent whale watching:

P1110048.jpg

A beauty of a Sunburn!

P1100062.jpg

P1100215.jpg

Darwin, Australia's version of HAARP! (as photographed from a 6-seater Cessna on the way back from the Tiwi Islands; didn't even have to use the little bag!:LOL:)

• 1 month later...
Guest QueenOfNerds

I would love to travel to see muse, but I would have to run away from home to do it (yes I know I am 32!).

But my boyfriend would probably not want to do it.

by the time they tour the uk one of us will have won the lottery and therefore have enough money to get us a tour bus for it all.

Great idea! We'll just follow the tour from town to town.

I would love to travel to see muse, but I would have to run away from home to do it (yes I know I am 32!).

But my boyfriend would probably not want to do it.

So, it's his choice, but if he's not interested then he doesn't go. But you're a bone fide grownup, you can travel with the rest of us!

Guest QueenOfNerds

So, it's his choice, but if he's not interested then he doesn't go. But you're a bone fide grownup, you can travel with the rest of us!

It would be cool to see some fellow Musers aswell!

By the time they come back to North America I'll be a few years older probably... my parents won't be able to stop me from traveling to see them. Although... finacial issues might. Hopefully I won't have have to dip into my "concert fund" for school tuition and various other things.

Can I be a part of the club? I went to the V fest in chelms and marlay park last year,.... all the way from Aus...

Don't know when my next international gig will be though. Australia really is a long way away!!

Can beat that by a couple of thousand more miles. V Fest Staffs and Marlay Park from Dunedin, New Zealand. That's pretty much right at the bottom of the inhabited world. If you started swimming from the beach by my parents' house, the next land mass you'd come to is Antarctica. 'Twas about a 40,000km round trip, I think. Worth it? Yes. Would I travel for Muse again? Most definitely (but I'm moving to Ireland soon, so perhaps I won't need to go quite as far next time).

It would be cool to see some fellow Musers aswell!

The meetups are ace! Before Wembley we had an "oldies" luncheon (some of the so-called oldies were barely in their 20's:LOL:) for about 40 people from all over the world!!

By the time they come back to North America I'll be a few years older probably... my parents won't be able to stop me from traveling to see them. Although... finacial issues might. Hopefully I won't have have to dip into my "concert fund" for school tuition and various other things.

Where in Canada are you? They always play in Toronto, but have ignored Vancouver, BC and the whole middle of the country on past tours. The VanCity Musers all came down to Seattle. Travel can get expensive, start saving now!

Can I be a part of the club? I went to the V fest in chelms and marlay park last year,.... all the way from Aus...

Don't know when my next international gig will be though. Australia really is a long way away!!

Ireland and UK all the way from Oz? You're definitely a MuseTraveler!

Yeah tourbus adventure sounds great! Can I have a seat on the lefthandside by the window? :D

Dibs on the front seat behind the driver---I have horrid motion sickness!

I'm already on four different countries: UK, France, Ireland, Finland. And would love to add Germany, Belgium, Netherlands and what ever comes my way lol

It's so much easier for Europeans to travel to other countries for Muse, but of course that counts---similar to traveling to different states of the US for Muse gigs.

I'm in the UK but I talked to my mum and she's willing to take me to America to see them as well as England, cos they play smallerish venues :D

Wow, I like your mum already! Does she like Muse too? Then she can be an official MuseMom! We will be having meetups at all the US gigs I'm sure, I usually go to NYC as well as Seattle, sometimes LA.... This time I will be looking for those smaller venues for sure.

Can beat that by a couple of thousand more miles. V Fest Staffs and Marlay Park from Dunedin, New Zealand. That's pretty much right at the bottom of the inhabited world. If you started swimming from the beach by my parents' house, the next land mass you'd come to is Antarctica. 'Twas about a 40,000km round trip, I think. Worth it? Yes. Would I travel for Muse again? Most definitely (but I'm moving to Ireland soon, so perhaps I won't need to go quite as far next time).

I'm impressed! (Would be more impressed if you had actually swum (swam?) all the way of course.:LOL::LOL:)

The meetups are ace! Before Wembley we had an "oldies" luncheon (some of the so-called oldies were barely in their 20's:LOL:) for about 40 people from all over the world!!

Where in Canada are you? They always play in Toronto, but have ignored Vancouver, BC and the whole middle of the country on past tours. The VanCity Musers all came down to Seattle. Travel can get expensive, start saving now!

Wow, 40 people? That must have been something.

I'm about 30 minutes outside of Vancouver. Doesn't surprise me that they've only really gone to eastern Canada... the west seems to be overlooked by many things. :rolleyes:

I'm definitely prepared to venture to Seattle though. Hopefully they do more than one gig there. And others close by (/prays).

Wow, I like your mum already! Does she like Muse too? Then she can be an official MuseMom! We will be having meetups at all the US gigs I'm sure, I usually go to NYC as well as Seattle, sometimes LA.... This time I will be looking for those smaller venues for sure.

Yeah, she likes Muse too, she has to, I'm the one in control of all the CDs :D But, yeah, she's a fan XD

Wow, 40 people? That must have been something.

I'm about 30 minutes outside of Vancouver. Doesn't surprise me that they've only really gone to eastern Canada... the west seems to be overlooked by many things. :rolleyes:

I'm definitely prepared to venture to Seattle though. Hopefully they do more than one gig there. And others close by (/prays).

Yeah, we had people from UK of course, Norway, Holland, Italy, Israel---and then Wembley!

Still can't believe they haven't scheduled gigs in Vancouver...What venue would be best? GM Place is so huge, maybe something a bit more intimate? QE? (if seats are removable)

Last 2 times they played both Portland and Seattle, so lots of us went to both!

Yeah, she likes Muse too, she has to, I'm the one in control of all the CDs :D But, yeah, she's a fan XD

Another MuseMom! Good work converting her btw---she can join us in the "oldies" thread over in Banter. See you both at some US shows I hope!

Yeah, we had people from UK of course, Norway, Holland, Italy, Israel---and then Wembley!

Still can't believe they haven't scheduled gigs in Vancouver...What venue would be best? GM Place is so huge, maybe something a bit more intimate? QE? (if seats are removable)

Last 2 times they played both Portland and Seattle, so lots of us went to both!

Another MuseMom! Good work converting her btw---she can join us in the "oldies" thread over in Banter. See you both at some US shows I hope!

I was thinking something smaller than GM Place as well. I thought of QE at first, but I've never been inside so I'm not sure what the seating/setup is like. The only other place I can think of is UBC Thunderbird Stadium... it's outdoors so they could perform during the summer! It would feel like a festival or something. I think The Killers are performing there in a few months.

There's also the Commodore Ballroom, but I haven't been there either. :$ Then there's the Orphuem Theatre... that kind of has a Royal Albert Hall-ish look on the inside (I've gone on a mad google search for Van concert venues, I'll stop here for now).

• 1 month later...

:eek:

I wanna be in the club!!!

by the time they come out here i should have my own place and could provide a place to stay for you out of towners:happy:cause im so nice

but i want to go to europe to see them and different places in america

Archived