Where are you travelling from  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Where are you travelling from

• Within France
    • UK
    • Somewhere else

brilliant... I never saw matt speak so much and sing so little. He was smiling so much when we sang the 1st verse of KoC. I hope there is a video of that...

:dance: :dance: I can't wait for the videos to be uploaded. :dance:

atleast we know they might not continue this gig, hence it being a secret gig + setlist.

I think songs like Starlight should be replaced, the ones you hear on the radio all the time. Not so much the best songs liked by Musers.

I kinda thought they might use this as an opportunity to proper crack out some old stuff and not play all the big radio hits. They dropped TIRO but maybe Starlight and some of the recent singles might have gone too.

They baffle me.

Also, regarding the length, I think some of it stems from the fact in 2006 they did a similar thing to this and played 17 songs including the likes of CE and Butterflies. Stuff has changed in the last 4 years though.

brilliant... I never saw matt speak so much and sing so little. He was smiling so much when we sang the 1st verse of KoC. I hope there is a video of that...

:awesome:

can't wait for videos!!!

this was a small venue compared to where they've been playing. i'm sure they'll put more of the rock favs back into the festival sets.

i just love them for mixing it the fuck up!! :happy:

:awesome:

Setlist wise.. yeah, it's odd, and it's short, but it's a small free gig, so I'm going to wait and see what happens in Switzerland :)

Compared with their last free gig (VMA/Walter Kerr if I'm remembering right) it's much better.

WALTER KERR

1. Unnatural Selection

2. Map of the Problematique

3. Hysteria

4. Resistance

5. New Born

6. United States Of Eurasia

7. Starlight

8. Undisclosed Desires

9. Time Is Running Out

10. Uprising

11. Supermassive Black Hole

12. Plug In Baby

13. Knights of Cydonia

This gig has longer, had two first time debuts (IBTY & NSC), brought back an old fav (Bliss), debuted new instrument (double neck manson for Uprising), and was unpredictable as all hell.

Very good set.

Compared with their last free gig (VMA/Walter Kerr if I'm remembering right) it's much better.

WALTER KERR

1. Unnatural Selection

2. Map of the Problematique

3. Hysteria

4. Resistance

5. New Born

6. United States Of Eurasia

7. Starlight

8. Undisclosed Desires

9. Time Is Running Out

10. Uprising

11. Supermassive Black Hole

12. Plug In Baby

13. Knights of Cydonia

This gig has longer, had two first time debuts (IBTY & NSC), brought back an old fav (Bliss), debuted new instrument (double neck manson for Uprising), and was unpredictable as all hell.

Very good set.

summed it up.

Yes

Just because its free, does it really take that much effort to play 6 more songs at least, fan favourites, you know, for the fans?

ah, bitterness!!! don't we just love the muse fans :awesome: you're just pissed you werent there :p

No New Born, Stockholm or Time Is Running Out.

STANDARD PARTS OF THE SET. Fucking hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aren't you DELIGHTED with variation? :D

LMAO @ the new guitar!

:eek: They played MotP?!!11

I dream of hearing that song live *crosses fingers* ACK! You are all so lucky! D:<

:awesome: i need that too!

screw oldies that i've seen a zillion times already - they've finally played IBTY!!!!!!! :awesome:

cant wait to see video of that :awesome: matt singing french :rolleyes: LIVE.

You guys really can't complain about the length - it was a free show. Odd drops, two debuts, Hysteria in the encore, Uprising NOT opening, and Bliss. It was an interesting but not bad set.

you're so right, it was a FREE SHOW! what else do they want :shifty:

It's still a set that suggests they're trying to distance themselves from their more rocky past, and one that alienates their core fanbase who have followed the band since the beginning. It's disappointing but I think the end of Muse the rock band is nigh.

Not really. Playing IBTY and NSC excluded, opening up with the rockiest song on TR, playing a fan favorite from OoS that has been dropped often is a good sign. Bummed that SS, TiRO and New Born were left out, but whatever. IBTY should have been expected, though. This is obviously a one-off.

Archived