because they may have brought it into recognition, and if i wouldnt have written that it probably would have been asked anyway dont you think?

No... it's a widely recognised term and has been for an awful long while. Muse are totally irrelevant to its propagation.

No... it's a widely recognised term and has been for an awful long while. Muse are totally irrelevant to its propagation.

but youre agreeing that i wrote in on the basis that it would have been asked if i wouldnt have mentioned it? this is, after all the muse forum.

Cos he sounds like he wants to kill someone and is in mean and horrible places :fear:. Sheesh Mabs :$. Chill the feck out :cool: Count to ten. Kick the shit out of a wall. "No, no. I'll write about it...." * he grabs guitar sullenly*. Poor chicken. Roasts himself in his own juice. Chill out Mabsy :yesey:.

Feeling Good however ruins a brilliant album.

Feeling Good, however, completely ruins OoS.

:noey:

Feeling Good is one of the most brilliant covers I've ever heard. I don't see how people hate it so much. :(

Anyway, I didn't know people hated Screenager. I've never heard anyone say much negative about it. However, I do think it's severely underrated.

:noey:

Feeling Good is one of the most brilliant covers I've ever heard. I don't see how people hate it so much. :(

Anyway, I didn't know people hated Screenager. I've never heard anyone say much negative about it. However, I do think it's severely underrated.

Yeah Feeling Good is a good cover, but it just doesn't fit along with the other songs on OoS, imo (and Clunge and Obi's as well it seems like).

That, and the fact that they've played it to DEATH live, people are well sick of it by now....

It's probably my least favorite song on the the album, but I don't hate it. I don't HATE any Muse songs! But I do skip it sometimes because it's not particularly fast, catchy or melodic. It's odd, I don't dislike or skip any songs on BHaR, yet it's my least fave studio album, but I routinely skip 2 or 3 tracks on OoS but I still think of it as my favorite album.

Screenager is one of my favs. Its an atmospheric song. You just have to be in the mood for it. For the ppl that dont like it, they just dont like it. Like I don't like Rascal Flatts and Fergie. Don't know why I don't, I just don't.

Along the lines of the definition, I never heard of the word until Muse. I suppose the definition makes sense though. But neways....

I used to listen to screenager all the time and always loved it. But I only heard of Muse right after Black Holes and Revelations so that was the only CD I owned for a while and I just got most of their other songs off of Itunes or limewire so it never sounded out of place like other people have said. It wasn't until about a year later when I had become a obsessed Muse fan that I decided to buy all of their CD's even though I already owned most of their music. It does kind of sound weird when you play it in that order but I guess I was so used to the song I didn't really notice.

I really don't get this whole 'it doesn't fit on OoS' argument...

I think it pretty much embodies the exact vibe of OoS - dark, edgy with a passionate vein coursing through it. It's good refrain from the excesses of Citizen Erased and Micro Cuts before it and works to bring the mood down a bit.

I think Feeling Good is fine as a cover. Not too much wrong with it but... it just sounds horribly out of place on OOS. It should have been a B Side.

Screenager however fits perfectly on OOS. After a frantic first 7 tracks it takes the tone down nicely.

I've probably said this before, but I'll say it again anyways:

There's nought wrong with Screenager. As Clunge nicely points out, its positioning is very much timely, given the intensity of Citizen Erased and Micro Cuts before it. And as a song in its own right, I have to say, it's so damn lovely. :happy: One of those chilled-out songs I like to play after a bit of practice on the Bass, as a warm-down.

• 9 months later...

Bleurgh, I'm so glad this thread was created because I DETEST Screenager with a passion. I'm not quite sure what it is about it, maybe that it doesn't really have any real tune to it and it bores me to a tear. I think if I try and hum the ''tune'' now, I really don't think I could, because I forget it even while I'm listening to it. The chorus isn't TOO bad but everytime I hear it I just...eugh.

Archived