I keep reading all these people's posts saying it sounds "weird" after seven "heavy" songs. First off, I don't consider Space Dementia to be terribly, heavy, and Citizen Erased is like a microcosm of the entire album in that it runs the entire gamut of emotion on OoS so again I can't consider it to be "heavy" like Hyper Music or Micro Cuts.

Anyway, I personally find Screenager to beautiful in that it gives you a break from jamming out; it nearly catches you off guard, but I find that entertaining when I'm listening to an album. Throw me off guard, Muse!

I keep reading all these people's posts saying it sounds "weird" after seven "heavy" songs. First off, I don't consider Space Dementia to be terribly, heavy, and Citizen Erased is like a microcosm of the entire album in that it runs the entire gamut of emotion on OoS so again I can't consider it to be "heavy" like Hyper Music or Micro Cuts.

Anyway, I personally find Screenager to beautiful in that it gives you a break from jamming out; it nearly catches you off guard, but I find that entertaining when I'm listening to an album. Throw me off guard, Muse!

Heaven forbid a change of pace. I always though Muse was supposed to be like Metallica or something? Didn't you get the memo that said Muse was a death-core band?

I do think Screenager is a very beautiful song, it's just after hearing the first 7 songs, and then hearing the percussion in this one, it's so different and drastically experimental that I feel like it doesn't fit too much.

However, if I listen to it on it's own then it's fine

I'd rather have a band trying new interesting things then "same old same old" just to "keep the groove". But that's because I want the musical boundaries pushed all the time and Muse do that!

I'd rather have a band trying new interesting things then "same old same old" just to "keep the groove". But that's because I want the musical boundaries pushed all the time and Muse do that!

I don't think he meant that. He meant that the song didn't thematically fit in on the album. I know what he means although I like the song. It's better on piano though.

Archived