Emily, you are so lucky! I think you are awesome. I added you on FB.

The 8 sec. preview is not enough for me to have any opinion yet. It's like .000000000001 sec.

AND...

I like "cheesy muse"! :phu:

I hate being away from the internet too long. :LOL:

I have to say that coming home drunk from teh bar at 2am and reading the last um I don't know 20 pages or so of this thread have made me LOL sooo much!

I can't wait to hear what this song sounds like. Wonder how long before we get to hear it??

:LOL: love drunk posts

May 17th is the release date ;)

Maybe album 6 should b called "the neutron star collision" !

No thanks.

a song specifically for a soundtrack and then included it on their next album. It very very very rarely happens.

Exit Music (For a Film)?

If you really think that why are you on these boards???

:facepalm: This isn't the Muse worship board, it's the Muse board. Should we have some kind of thread where anyone who doesn't like Muse as much as they used to confesses and gets banned? :rolleyes:

Muse is back on board the Twilight train! Even though the British rock band told us in April that they would not be contributing a track to the upcoming Twilight Saga: Eclipse soundtrack, news of the album's first single has been revealed — and it's a new tune from the band called Neutron Star Collision (Love Is Forever). (Perhaps even Muse is unable to resist the hormonal pull of Edward Cullen's topaz eyes . . .)

a.) Spell generalizations right first.

:facepalm::LOL:

Stop butchering our English language.

:D

Your english language?

I think the English down south should be able to call it their language, not you. :rolleyes:

:facepalm::LOL:

Oh my good God. :facepalm: Maybe you should brush up on history as well. :LOL: And perhaps know a little about my background before making silly comments.

This is epic. Take the average US citizen and this all makes sense:LOL:

Well done Obi:)

But anyway, give the noob a break, it's probably just hormones or so...

fickle passers by will walk on.

but real love is forever :happy:

(oh dear god, i couldnt help myself!!! :LOL::LOL: )

*jumps down from her own soapbox*

:LOL::facepalm:

Him: Yeah. I was wondering if I should put it in the soundtrack. They want me to, but I don't want to get to associated with it. What do you think I should do?

That makes me happy. :D

Is 8 seconds all we have? Sorry, haven't really been following this thread..

Yes.

And uh... I'm still really excited about a new song. Whee! :dance: BRING ON MAY 17th!

A quick thought, the piano bit before RBS that was played in Seattle

sounds as if it fits well with the little 4 seconds of piano we have of NSC, perhaps it is part of that? I know that allot of people have claimed it's an exert of Adagio Sostenuto by Rachmaninoff but after listening to both, only the progression seems to be similar, perhaps we have already had a peek and didn't know about it?

lol as in they gotta be kidding

Let's give Matt some slack on this new one as this probably is his best chance to express to the world that his love is forever to whomever is that for.

But come on Matt, stop killing some of your diehard fans. Naughty, nasty little vampire. lol

I also think give Matt some slack.

Also it has gone through lots channels of approval, and has even been considered good enough to lead on a film soundtrack, despite I should imagine the contributions of many other respected artists to that soundtrack. The films might be crap but the soundtracks have been very good up until now.

Yet people who haven't even heard it yet are already slagging it on the evidence of a title, a 3 second clip from which you can't tell anything, except it doesn't have a guitar in that 3 seconds, and it's release associations.

I'm thinking that it might be something special given the reactions to it and its context (and by that I meant the context it's been written, not the context its being released) but I'm trying to keep an open mind just in case it is a lump of cheese. Though If it is, it is. I won't be losing sleep over it! I'm sure it will have entertainment value whatever it's like.

And I definitely think everyone should just chill at this point.

Guys listen..The first 33 secs of this is in neutron star collision..Listen at 0:28 to 0:32 then listen to the 8 sec clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX8QxLf32z0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7vqjIX_z24

It has already been pointed out that the piece Matt is playing is a classical piece though I haven't heard the piece myself. Doesn't mean he hasn't quoted from it though in the new song, I suppose. It's very lovely. Though I think at this point what's in the 3 second clip could be anything. It sounds nice but need to know what's round it.

I'm wondering now though. Matt plays a piece randomly at a gig and that gig just happens to be the one they choose to release on Myspace. Hmmm.

BTW haven't had time to comment much on the gig, but that was definitely an emotional moment, that piece followed by Ruled by Secrecy. Beautiful! USoE was brilliant too. I could watch Matt play piano all day! :happy:

Yes! I knew i had heard that same piece of the seattle gig in a video of 2006 in Abbey road sessions. He plays that same piano intro!

Take a look:

But it sounds kind of "Work in progress". So I'd asume it's matt's original composition and Neutron star collision.

Archived