I wonder what it is that defines a Muse song as sounding particularly Musey.

Good question. I think for me it would be: (regards to Muse)

1. Riffage

2. Orchestral shiz

3. Piano perfection

4. Synths.

Or something.

;)

Well, actually Chris looked normal of course. Matt was wearing a sheer shirt and leather pants and makeup. I does look like the one pic of them performing during the video shoot Dom isn't wearing the outfit, but that could've just been for part of the video, I dunno. Hell, I'll just post the pic for lolz.... :D

88929431.jpg

Ah yes, I remember that pic. Matt looks tiny. :LOL:

Ohai! :LOL:

I heard about this during school, I hate the entire title and I'm automatically assuming it's going to be terrible (if it's great, then I think OMG BEST SONG EVER. If it's genuinely shit, well then I can be right. :awesome:).

Oh low expectations, how I love you.

Always so unwaveringly positive. :happy:

Ah yes' date=' I remember that pic. Matt looks tiny. :LOL:[/quote']

He is kinda. :chuckle:

Is it really that simple?

Well except for amazing falsetto which is always there It's different for Each album:

Shobiz: No style defined yet, but mainly the vocal and guitar dominating

OoS, Riffs and a far heavier sound with Louder bass, Manic theme + loads of distortion

Absolution: the combination of Piano and Guitar given across in a apocalyptic theme with an even heavier sound on songs like TSP and SS. beginning classical influences in B&H and blackout. Overall a more Metal guitar sound than the distortion of OoS

BH&R The album of Space rock, A really diverse sound with less bass work and more mainstream but large amounts of distortion from the OoS era returning.

The Resistance: Experimental trying to cram loads of themes together, cheesy but with good bass and some riffs. Orchestral theme reaches the current peak in Exogenesis.

There are too many styles to collect them in one but the song with the most in for me is B&H extended. It has the dynamic range, guitar solo, piano solo, orchestra, good bass work, falsetto at the end and a Apocalyptic theme ...ish

you want to bathe in your memories that's fine...go ahead on the right thread :chuckle:...but saying you're responsible for their decision is a bit silly. he may have wanted your opinion but the responsibility is not yours. sorry to pop your little bubble of delusion :p

:phu: Your opinion. Plus, I know it's not just me, but also fans as a whole. Now, you cannot say the band's decision wasn't weighed with the fans in mind because that "is a bit silly". :LOL:

How should they market the song to impress you? Maybe you should avoid listen to the song, and perhaps you should avoid this forum too. You seem to be so sad - I almost feel sorry for you...:(

:LOL::LOL:

Believe me, I won't be losing sleep if the Muse song is shit, which it may well be. Obviously I hope it won't be but geeeezzzz

Neutron Star Collision (Love is Forever)

there is no way this is going to be anything less than terrible

Hehe, I love how you said that in virtually the same way I did. Expect pages of abuse around about now.

I'd understand all the hate if we'd actually heard some of the song ...

Oh but we have, EIGHT SECONDS of it, and only about 2 seconds have anything important. The only thing people can do is hate the song ;) Everyone thought those iTunes previews for The Resistance were crap but people are wrong now that they've heard the full songs, except for Guiding Light.

I think this song will be awesome, because no one else on this board thinks it will :D

You will all be proven wrong... I think. Optimism people! :p

+1! And although I'm not 13 and don't appreciate ANYTHING about the Twilight series (AT ALL), I'm really happy so see Muse being involved in something so "big" :)

Archived