Muse and Parents

Drakey

What do your parents think of muse?  

542 members have voted

1. 1. What do your parents think of muse?

• Dad loves them
    • Mum loves them
    • Both love them
    • both like them
    • dad likes em
    • mum likes them
    • both hate them
    • mum hates them
    • dad hates them

Haha like last year my dad was teaching me to drive and it was the first time we were on the road. supermassive black hole came on and my dad cranked it up really loud and we both started singing and hah! i almost got us into a car crash. on the interstate. very nice.

:chuckle::chuckle:

my mum really likes them! And since the concert last monday she loves muse :D she will also go with me to wembley. as i told her about the date and my possible creditcard-problems, she took her cc out directly and gave it to me :LOL::LOL: you see ... :D

My dad likes Muse quite a bit. When I kept going on about them and when he heard me playing a bunch of Muse songs on guitar, he went out and bought BH&R (even though we already owned it lol)

He bought the Resistance off iTunes for me when it came out, but they're the only two of Muse's albums he's heard. He also bought me tickets for Wembley 2010 :D

I think the only Muse song my mum knows is Uprising, because we heard it on the radio on the way to school.

:eek:

Normal is not nesecarily good :noey: say to her if you want me to be a "normal" teenager, I'll go out drinking and getting stoned every week, and I'll have an unwanted pregancy when I'm 14 :phu:

Should shut her up. (sorry-dont know your age)

Anyways-by parents don't give a shit-but my mum thinks I have a problem :awesome:

Next year they are coming to NZ, and I need to convince my parents to let me go:( mum is over protective :indiff: she doesn't want me catching a bus/plane to a different city by myself (even though she sent me on a plane by myself to my gran when I was 5 :idiff: )

I'll be 15 and a half when they come. Any ideas on convincing her?

:eek:

Normal is not nesecarily good :noey: say to her if you want me to be a "normal" teenager, I'll go out drinking and getting stoned every week, and I'll have an unwanted pregancy when I'm 14 :phu:

Should shut her up. (sorry-dont know your age)

Anyways-by parents don't give a shit-but my mum thinks I have a problem :awesome:

Next year they are coming to NZ, and I need to convince my parents to let me go:( mum is over protective :indiff: she doesn't want me catching a bus/plane to a different city by myself (even though she sent me on a plane by myself to my gran when I was 5 :idiff: )

I'll be 15 and a half when they come. Any ideas on convincing her?

got any friends who are into muse? that always works with my parents. just as long as you're not alone.

My dad is a bit indifferent, but I think I just need to show him more of their music, and he'll come around;)

My mum walked by as I was watching Dead Star live from V festival the other day, and she went all "Wow, that's cool!" :D She doesn't understand my obsession with them though, her reaction when I told her I got tickets for Wembley was "Umm, but you JUST saw them in Oslo??" :facepalm:

I've completely converted my whole family. Everytime I'm in the car with my dad he plasts Uprising and starts doing an embaressing dance. :facepalm: I caught my mam singing Starlight the other day. My brothhr used to hate them but I caught him learning Knights on the guitar last month. :LOL:

I knew if I played enough Muse they would cave. :shifty:

Mum likes 'em. She doesn't mind them at all and likes to listen to TiRO etc. She wouldn't be that aware of the non-single tracks though.

Not sure about my dad, since I don't live with him, but I once put the Bliss vid on the TV at his house because my brother wanted to see it (BT vision music videos on demand FTW :awesome:) and my dad gave me the ":wtf:" face after looking at matt falling and shook his head. :LOL:

My dad still likes the OoS stuff, particularly New Born, and my mum is quite accomodating, she's alright with all their stuff :happy:

The other day my nan said she liked Exo pt3, but only the parts where Matt doesn't sing :LOL: but she did really genuinly like the symphonic parts.

my dad is pretty indifferent, although i bet thats just cuz he hasnt heard enough of them!!!;)

my mum likes smbh, uprising and starlight, but thinks the rest is 'way too heavy'-im like mum its not metallica or avenged sevnefold (my sis's boyfriend's fave bands)

my sister likes the first 4 tracks of tr and new born, plug in baby, and feeling good. despite all my efforts to persuade her onto having one full album on her ipod. but then again, she likes mainstream shite!!!:LOL:

• 7 months later...

My mom is an addict like me. It's pretty awesome :happy:

My dad doesn't particularly care for them. (although I think secretly think he likes them, he just wasn't to admit it)

His favorite songs are Uprising and Starlight.

He at least admits they are extremely talented. And he calls them "Lucky b*stards" a lot :p

(he plays guitar and wanted to successfully make it in a band, so he's very jealous) :LOL:

My dad was the one who introduced me to Muse so he loves them :awesome:

My mum likes them but she only really knows them because of Twilight. :mad:

Whenever she hears Supermassive Blackhole or Neutron Star Collision she goes "thats the song on Twilight!" :unsure:

I think the only songs she knows are:

• Supermassive Blackhole

• Neutron Star Collision

• Uprising

• Undisclosed Desires

• Resistance

• Knights of Cydonia

• Starlight

• Plug in Baby

• Time is Running Out

My dad loves all the classic riff songs, like SS, Hysteria, PiB, Knights. My mum is getting to know a few songs :LOL: although she's always :rolleyes: when I'm watching one of the DVDs. She knows SMBH, TIRO, part of Uprising, and she 'awww'ed at GL, and states that she loves FG. :chuckle:

So all in all, they both like them. :D and my mum is bugging my dad to take me to see them :awesome:!

Archived