Muse and Parents

Drakey

What do your parents think of muse?  

542 members have voted

1. 1. What do your parents think of muse?

• Dad loves them
    • Mum loves them
    • Both love them
    • both like them
    • dad likes em
    • mum likes them
    • both hate them
    • mum hates them
    • dad hates them

i have actually come across a THE muse i will find it i think its a company of some sort

Haha :LOL:

I was reading a book not that long ago and it said in like every chapter

"I Started to Muse." (Along that lines anyway)

and I was reading it on the bus and I totally shouted (I didnt mean to shout..)

"MUSE. HAHA, FANCY THAT."

& Then I noticed alot of people staring at me. They probably felt pity more than anything else.:(

my uncle ste got showbiz for my mum and i didnt like it (nor did she she's never listend too it) and he got her absolution (which got me into them) and my mum listend too it

she hates them now cause i listen to them all the time

my chav ass sister likes them too.

i love them but my step dads indiffererent

my parents don't even know them to begin with :D

the music i listen to are waaaay out of their kind (mostly due to the generation and cultural barriers between us).

but anyway, i'd expect them to either not care or hate the band. maybe hate the band because they're "rock" and they advocate rebellion. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

At first my mom didn't like em, but I made sure to get her to so I could see them at Lollapalooza. (If she didn't like them, why would she drive me to Chicago to see them?) So yeah, now she loves them. My dad on the other hand, doesn't. Haha, my mom said he was standing completely still the whole time at the concert. That's too bad, they're were the best!

Well, my dad thinks that I'm going to start doing hardcore drugs because I'm into them (even after I calmly explained that the most hardcore Muse got into drugs was magic mushrooms:LOL:) While my mum actually called them...

BORING!!!

...Yes, my mum, who's favourite artists include Jamiroquai and Justin Timberlake (I can respect JT though, after all he did call Muse the best band out at the EMAs last year) thinks that Muse are boring! I almost killed her!:mad:

Guest emzlilachouse

My dad likes them but only likes the album Blackholes and revelations.

My mum also likes them, but only certain songs and gets fed up of me playing my cds so loud that next door can hear haha

My brother listens to 50 cent, Snoop Dogg, etc. He also listens to a Dutch rap duo who sings the following in one of their songs: (translated to english)

'I am dumb rude and famous, I am dumb rude and famous, I am dumb rude and famous, bitches are touching my penis!' That, plus lyrics like 'Bitch get in my car' from 50 cent and 'I wanna fuck you' from Akon... Piece of cake to get them to like my music better! Or at least hate it less...:LOL:

• 5 months later...

My Dad loves muse. I took him along to the Melbourne gig last year (he still claims he was the oldest person there at 65) and he loved it. Was really cute though when they went off just before their encore he looked at me all disappointed and said. "They didn't play Knights" - my reply was "Oh, don't worry, they will" Knights is his FAVOURITE Muse song because Telstar is his actual favourite ever song. I've been listening to Telstar since I was born.

haha my mum hates muse because of me xD

i have played plug in baby so many times now that she goes insane every time i play the riff or she hears the song:LOL:

she is so tired of muse now:LOL:

tho my dad,

i think he actually likes Muse :D

he nearly Cried when he couldnt come with me on the 23rd October last year to see muse in Oslo spektrum:LOL:

Mum went home to Belgium on holiday.... mum comes back to Australia asking me about some 'song about butterflies called something and something i think it's Placebo' ....Mum is politely informed by myself as I change Time Is Running Out (which I am listening to at the time of interrogation) that Butterflies and Hurricanes is the track and it's Muse...

......one of the bands she'd yell out " TURN THAT SHIT DOWN " to! :LOL::rolleyes::p

my parents don't exactly listen to the same music as i do, but i don't think they dislike muse.

my mum came into the room once while i was halfway watching haarp. she sat down and watched the rest of it with me. she didn't say anything but i guess it's better than her walking out of the room saying she didn't like the music :LOL:

You know, neither of my parents are particularly emphatic about Muse...but my dad has taken an interest in recent days. He watched HAARP with me when it came in the mail, as well as Hullabaloo, and...somehow he's managed to learn all three of their names, and tries to converse with me about them every now and then. Personally, I think it's more of an attempt at getting closer to me than it is gaining more interest in Muse, but hey...he's a sweetheart for trying. :D

Archived