Muse and Parents

Drakey

What do your parents think of muse?  

542 members have voted

1. 1. What do your parents think of muse?

• Dad loves them
    • Mum loves them
    • Both love them
    • both like them
    • dad likes em
    • mum likes them
    • both hate them
    • mum hates them
    • dad hates them

My Mum LOVES Muse, almost as much as she loves Pink Floyd who are gods as far as she's concerned. Which surprised me a lot at the time because I can't think of any rock band from the last, gosh, thirty years that she loves as much as Beatles, The Doors, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple etc. She says that they're everything she wants in a rock band. At the moment she's trying hard to remember Matt's name because usually she's hopeless with names and always asks me, :D

My Dad hasn't heard much of them so I've no idea what he'd think, but I was shocked to find out the other day that my Dad's partner, who doesn't listen to rock music *at all*, actually knows who they are.

• 1 month later...

My dad only likes country or maybe a little Golden Earring or Status Quo.

But then he also likes Queen... and still... when I put Muse on he says it's just noise :stunned:

And my mum yeah well... can't say that she has a really good taste in music... And she automatically hates everything with an electric guitar in it, even if she hasn't heard the whole song yet. I think it's stupid but oh well... Some people just don't know what good taste is :happy:

My brothers are in the whole 'acting tough'-stage and I guess Matt's high voice doesn't fit in that picture. They're more into the whole yelling-like-a-maniac-in-the-microphone-while-headbanging things.

Luckily I have friends that DO like Muse. That's why I spend most of my time at their places :)

My mom has musical taste that goes nowhere near Muse, yet she still seems to not mind them for the most part, and she even likes a few songs. And she came to a gig with me once, to which she responded 'I must admit they put on a good show.' My dad has commented that he really likes Feeling Good, and he's commented on Citizen Erased as well.

my mom dosnt really listen to my music but my dad does he says his favorite song is startlight:stunned:

for the longest time my dad thought they were russian i had BHR in the cd player in the car and he was talking to my mom saying listen to the lyrics there russian:erm:

i told him no and he said i swore they were russian from the stuff they sing about................

my parents like them both. :) my mom was actually there when I met Dom, but she took our picture, she loves them and goes to every MUSE concert she can! ha :rolleyes:

and i like your avatar thing oneshotnothing, the picture of brandon boyd! he's lovely ;)

It's been a tough slog for me, getting the parentals to like Muse and all. Partly because they apparently don't have the time to give them a good listen, but my dad merely 'likes' some of the songs, doesn't give them the credit for pure genius they deserve. My mum likes the piano bits I suppose, but what's really surprising is that my grandparents like Muse the most. Granted, they only like the exceptionally classical-influenced bits, like Feeling Good, piano solo on Butterflies & Hurricanes, Sunburn piano, etc.

It's been a tough slog for me, getting the parentals to like Muse and all. Partly because they apparently don't have the time to give them a good listen, but my dad merely 'likes' some of the songs, doesn't give them the credit for pure genius they deserve. My mum likes the piano bits I suppose, but what's really surprising is that my grandparents like Muse the most. Granted, they only like the exceptionally classical-influenced bits, like Feeling Good, piano solo on Butterflies & Hurricanes, Sunburn piano, etc.

really? your grandparents are very cool then :)

In fact, the other day I was watching Haarp with my grandmother and in the middle of Invincible she said "I like this song" and then she said "Well, I don't understand the lyrics (she's spanish), but it's not a problem when the music is beautifull, isn't it?"

I was like wooo :ohmy: yesey: :D:

My parents don't even know about Muse even though I have been to their concert,have tons of magazines/albums/dvds in my room and a poster next to my bed.

But my brother knows Muse,he doesn't like them(and he has listened to their stuff,trust me) and teases me all the time about Muse. :rolleyes:

About Muse and my parents: My mother didn't live with me but she visited over my house on my birthday june 21(she just died june 27) and I played the HAARP dvd for her and my dad, who was there also. I noticed that she wasn't paying it much attention until b&h came on and she kinda started watching it. By the time Unintended was playing she absolutely loved it and almost brought her to tears. And said they reminded her of her fav band the Eagles. I felt good that I made another Muse fan (lol). My dad had a slightly different reaction: first he asked if they were gay ... and said they should duet with Eltin John. Then he complimented Matt for being such a great musician and then started talking about his fav Hungarian singer. My friend was there too and I introduced her to Muse and she likes them now. Anyway, sorry for such a long post. It was a good memory of my mom.

• 10 months later...

Mah mum doesn't complain about me listening to muse and if there's a song on tv or radio she'll poke me and say "Hey it's Muse!", but I think my dad doesn't really like them.. :(

He sometimes says "What crap is this, is it dat MYOOOOOZZZEEEE again" and then starts listening to ZZ-top or something, just to annoy me, I think. :S

My mum wouldn't know a Muse song if it bit her on the ass. She calls them 'The Muse' and if she sees pictures of a band on as my desktop (whether or not it's Muse) she says "Is that the Muse then? Which is the one Shannon (my Matt-crazed friend) fancies?"

My Dad however has been a Muse fan longer than more, but never mentioned it. When I started getting into them he casually announced that he owns all their albums and thinks BHAR is an amazing album. He tells me off if I talk over Invincible if we listen to Muse together in the car, and he wants to come with me next time I see them live.

Archived