Muse and Parents

Drakey

What do your parents think of muse?  

542 members have voted

1. 1. What do your parents think of muse?

• Dad loves them
    • Mum loves them
    • Both love them
    • both like them
    • dad likes em
    • mum likes them
    • both hate them
    • mum hates them
    • dad hates them

Not totally sure, im trying to get my dad into Muse but he thinks they sound "too waaahhhh" but he does like some of there stuff, my mum on the otherhand doesn't really know their music, I was showing her my new iPod playing a video of Stockholm Syndrome at Rock AM Ring 04, and she totally suprised me when she said "ooh i like this song" so i guess they both like them, although my dad won't admit it.....

my mom likes Sing for Absolution Easily and Endlessly actually. My dad has issues against matt's voice though >.< They just get annoyed when I play the same songs over ad over again :p

Oh and my mom loved Space Dementia, especially the beggining part. I think I scared her with Apocalypse Please though xD

Indifferent. I did force them to listen to the whole of Absolution on the day of receiving my high school diploma, it was my celebration so they had to let me do it what I want. Probably was the last chance before moving out and leaving them in ignorance forever. They commented positively, I think my dad even did an air guitar during my favourite track - SS. But in general they found it too intense/dramatic/depressing and switched back to easy listening jazz.

My mom loves them. Muse is her favourite band at the moment (going also before The Rasmus and Negative :) , especially liking Map of the Problematique and Dark Shines, or as she calls them "track 4" and "track 9" :LOL: She was with me at the Helsinki gig. And loved it. And she's 65 years old. :D

Today, my mom and I were listening to the CDs I made for her on the way to Starbucks. As we got home, we stayed in the car as City of Delusion finished. We were both playing the air drums to ourselves. lol Anyway, she told me that CoD was now her favorite song and thanked me for getting her into Muse. :happy: She said something else that had to do with her love for the band but I forgot. Grr.

This is what my dad thinks of Muse:

"I like some of their stuff but too much warbling for me with that vocalist in the band, good base line, nice beat, good drums etc, don't get that with Muse, you could never dance to Muse"

This is what he said on msn when I told him he should put some Muse on his playlist for when he goes to London tomorrow... hmm there's potential for him to like them, but I think I can't push it otherwise I will just put him off the band......

My parents don't really like Muse since the Muse concert caused a lot of family tension--it being on a Friday night and doing anything on Friday nights & Saturdays is a sin of sorts to them (they're seventh-day adventists)--God forbid we go to a ROCK CONCERT on a Friday night!

But we did anyway, paha.

My dad thinks they only make noise. Then again, he has only heard Stockholm Syndrome and thinks anything with guitars is noise.

My mom is neutral. :p

We're probably going to watch the Wembley DVD together. Or I'll create a parents friendly live audio cd for in the car. Guess I'll have to leave out Microcuts!

I was in the car with my dad, and I was playing Sunburn, and he wasnt saying much So I thought

"Yes. Finally, He likes them! :D"

& Then he said.

"Switch the radio on,CD Off, Bloody Noise."

My Mum likes Muse though,

Sing For Absolution Is Her Favourite.

May take her to a concert next time I go :)

I'll Convert My Dad Soon Enough :indiff:

both my parents love them. I actually made them a CD (they like Charlotte Church and Enya and Opera and stuff) of their softer stuff:

space Dimentia - Hullabaloo

Butterflies & Hurricanes

Man Of Mystery

Knights of Cydonia (my mom loved Telstar when she was younger and commented that this song reminds her of that song of which I told her Matt was the guitarists son - she was impressed!)

Sing For Absolution - acoustic BBC

Shine Acoustic

Megalomania

Piano Thing

Ruled By Secrecy

Invincible

Hoodoo

Unintended

City Of Delusion

Starlight (my mom loves the piano)

Feelin Good

Blackout

It's actually a really great CD, I made a copy for myself except I replaced B&H with Plug in Baby, I'm actually getting sick of B&H :$

On a side note - my grandmother 88 years old, loves Soldiers Poem! It reminds her of when my grandpa and her used to go dancing back in the day! Cute huh? :)

My dad got in an argument with me that Muse was NOT a rock band. He seemed offended when it was suggested as such. I just left it alone. He said anyone who could make music that melodic and beautiful couldn't be classified as rock. I love my dad!

both my parents love them. I actually made them a CD (they like Charlotte Church and Enya and Opera and stuff) of their softer stuff:

space Dimentia - Hullabaloo

Butterflies & Hurricanes

Man Of Mystery

Knights of Cydonia (my mom loved Telstar when she was younger and commented that this song reminds her of that song of which I told her Matt was the guitarists son - she was impressed!)

Sing For Absolution - acoustic BBC

Shine Acoustic

Megalomania

Piano Thing

Ruled By Secrecy

Invincible

Hoodoo

Unintended

City Of Delusion

Starlight (my mom loves the piano)

Feelin Good

Blackout

It's actually a really great CD, I made a copy for myself except I replaced B&H with Plug in Baby, I'm actually getting sick of B&H :$

On a side note - my grandmother 88 years old, loves Soldiers Poem! It reminds her of when my grandpa and her used to go dancing back in the day! Cute huh? :)

My dad got in an argument with me that Muse was NOT a rock band. He seemed offended when it was suggested as such. I just left it alone. He said anyone who could make music that melodic and beautiful couldn't be classified as rock. I love my dad!

Your dad seems awesome :LOL:

Archived