Muse and Parents

Drakey

What do your parents think of muse?  

542 members have voted

1. 1. What do your parents think of muse?

• Dad loves them
    • Mum loves them
    • Both love them
    • both like them
    • dad likes em
    • mum likes them
    • both hate them
    • mum hates them
    • dad hates them

My dad's cool with them.

He hears me play Knights of Cydonia through my MP3 player, and I always play it on guitar. He said the only way he can tell me and the official track apart (I use a backing track - the offical song with the guitar removed) was the way my guitar sounds (I don't have any effects, or anything like that... yet)

Which is a pretty nice compliment. He even told his workmates that I'm "bloody good". I think he's just saying that, cos I'm nothing special :LOL:

And mum really likes Plug In Baby for some reason. Strange, considering all she listens to is folk and Enya :p

• 6 months later...

my mum does like a few songs - stuff like "time is running out" and "starlight". when i was watching the h.a.a.r.p.-dvd with her, she mentioned that Chris and Matt are "really handsome guys" and Matt has a "creepy voice, hasn't he?". Dom is too thin in her opinion^^

and my dad.. well, after the concert i took him he even likes SOME songs, too. "united states of eurasia" he likes the most i believe. AND - he clapped his hands while they were during "starlight" and likes "new born", too (he recorded a bit of the song himself :D). yeah, i'm getting him on the right way. usually he listens to AC/DC so why not muse? :happy:

but songs like "stockholm syndrome" still are crap :stunned: but not any longer >:D

My mum likes them. :happy:

When we saw them live she really went for it during TIRO! I didn't know she liked that one that much! :eek: Also helps that Matt was stood right infront of us during TIRO. :LOL: She was also very impressed with the drum and bass jam. She went crazy for Starlight too.....and SMBH. :p

Her favourite is PIB, which she used to think was blow up baby :facepalm::LOL:

My mom absolutely LOVES OoS. She loves every song on it except for Micro Cuts... Don't know how she doesn't like something as epic as that but whatever. My mom is currently obsessed with Bliss and Hysteria.

My dad kinda likes 'em. He really only likes Uprising and Hysteria. He thinks SMBH is okay but he thinks Matt's voice ruins it. :(

Both of my parents will walk around the house singing Muse songs. My brother says I have turned them all into zombies:eek: He thinks he is one too...

My dad really dislikes them. He always says that Matt sounds like he's either dieing or hes in pain. Then my dad does a horrible mimic of his voice and I'm like WTF DAD! :LOL::LOL: But hey I still love him. My mom could care less. Well actually she always asks me: what do you like to listen to? I don't wanna tell her though because then she'll get confused because the main things she listens to are Pakistani and Indian music because she's lived her whole life in Pakistan. She does like some English music of course, but she doesn't understand the lyrics, lol. But I think my mom knows by now that I love Muse because everyday I blast their music in my room with the door wide open and she doesn't seem to mind...unlike my dad.

My dad really dislikes them. He always says that Matt sounds like he's either dieing or hes in pain. Then my dad does a horrible mimic of his voice and I'm like WTF DAD! :LOL::LOL: But hey I still love him. My mom could care less. Well actually she always asks me: what do you like to listen to? I don't wanna tell her though because then she'll get confused because the main things she listens to are Pakistani and Indian music because she's lived her whole life in Pakistan. She does like some English music of course, but she doesn't understand the lyrics, lol. But I think my mom knows by now that I love Muse because everyday I blast their music in my room with the door wide open and she doesn't seem to mind...unlike my dad.

Another desi on the boards! :awesome:

Hi.

My mom has more of a taste of their music, since I've been playing Butterflies and Hurricanes, Apocalypse Please, and Starlight for some time and she's had a chance to listen to them. I showed my dad United States of Eurasia and he really seemed to like it, so it's on his iPod now. :facepalm:

^ my dad likes that one too, I think all Dad's like it :LOL: must be the Queen-ness of it

-

I can't remember if i've posted in here... but anyway, both my parents like them :D they've both seen them live with me. As soon as I got The Resistance, my mum and I would listen to it in the car whenever we went out. And if IBTY came on when we were nearly home, then she would carry on driving around for a bit until it finished :LOL: that and Exo are her faves.

Maybe I should start a 'Parents who have kids who like Muse' thread for those of us who are in that situation :D

My mum does like them, she was so chuffed to tell me about the Q Award for Best Band In The World report she saw on TV :happy:. I didn't have the heart to tell her I already knew.

Yes, I was just thinking that! Yay for Muse kids! Although my daughter is bored by them already, but she's only 6 and they tend to move on quickly.

My mom is clueless. She knows I could go on and on about Muse, but she rolls her eyes. I guess some things never change! She's more into classical, Elton John and the Rolling Stones. :rolleyes: And my Dad, well, let's just say he's more into Willie Nelson. :LOL:

Yes, I was just thinking that! Yay for Muse kids! Although my daughter is bored by them already, but she's only 6 and they tend to move on quickly.

My mom is clueless. She knows I could go on and on about Muse, but she rolls her eyes. I guess some things never change! She's more into classical, Elton John and the Rolling Stones. :rolleyes: And my Dad, well, let's just say he's more into Willie Nelson. :LOL:

It'd be a cool thread, how many of us are parents in the 'oldies' thread. Muser parents who have Muser kids are an excellent combination. When I sent the text to my daughter on Wednesday to say we had General Admission/Unreserved tickets for Wembley her reply was 'barrier here we come' :happy::LOL: It's her 5th Muse gig and 2nd at Wembley :happy:

My Parents are into them. My Dad really likes the live stuff. Think his favourite is Invincible lol. My Mom has 4 albums in her 6CD Disc changer in her car....so yea...she likes....most of the songs haha. They're both into the later stuff such as BH&R and The Resistance. OOS and Absolution don't get as much playing time in the car.

Archived