Record Store Day 2010

KirkBot

nice!

bahahah i actually got some stuff today..non record store day releases...but i got myself BHR + resistance. on vinyl. :p yeah the records here not so interesting.:p

I went to three places and none of them had any Muse records.... I hate this town.

I went to three places and none of them had any Muse records.... I hate this town.

just so you know....buying them off the muse store will be cheaper for you/the same price as getting from a store here:P also !! try emailing a record store near you to order a copy for you!

nice!

bahahah i actually got some stuff today..non record store day releases...but i got myself BHR + resistance. on vinyl. :p yeah the records here not so interesting.:p

Considered buying them, too, but figured I had limited money and should spend it purely on the RSD releases. :D

Considered buying them, too, but figured I had limited money and should spend it purely on the RSD releases. :D

hahah yeah that would of been smart. :p probably will go back later this week the stores here said they still have shipments coming in....no ones getting muse :/

just so you know....buying them off the muse store will be cheaper for you/the same price as getting from a store here:P also !! try emailing a record store near you to order a copy for you!

I went to three record stores today... one said they might be able to get Exo (:dance:) but it's highly unlikely :(

I'll just keep pestering them :happy:

Tried all four record stores that were within a 1 hour driving distance and no luck. :supersad: Two stores had it and were sold out, and two stores had no clue what I was talking about. If anyone has a spare please let me know- I really want a copy.

Not sure if it was mentioned....but did anyone happen to get the Coachella info + cd booklet along with other freebies? The booklet features Muse and an interview with Dom. On the CD there's Stockholm Syndrome live from HAARP.

I don't have a camera with me, but maybe someone else...?

Not sure if it was mentioned....but did anyone happen to get the Coachella info + cd booklet along with other freebies? The booklet features Muse and an interview with Dom. On the CD there's Stockholm Syndrome live from HAARP.

Can you rip it and post it? That'd be nice.

Can you rip it and post it? That'd be nice.

Rip the booklet? Absolutely not. ;)

I can type the interview up when I get home (within an hour). Or if anyone has the booklet and are willing to do so now...

Rip the song from the CD? I'm pretty sure someone has already done so when the HAARP cd/dvd was released ages ago.

Slightly off-topic but can anyone recommend a cheap turntable? I bought a second hand Sony one with speakers and the main system and all that jazz, but when I was playing my Knights of Cydonia single vinyl, I noticed that it was slightly TOO fast so need a new turntable. I'm assuming that I can just get a new turntable and pop it on top, even if it isn't a sony one?

But aye, the main thing is cheap and I don't want it to wreck my vinyls. I'm pretty sure I don't need to mess about with this phono pre-amp business either.

Slightly off-topic but can anyone recommend a cheap turntable? I bought a second hand Sony one with speakers and the main system and all that jazz, but when I was playing my Knights of Cydonia single vinyl, I noticed that it was slightly TOO fast so need a new turntable. I'm assuming that I can just get a new turntable and pop it on top, even if it isn't a sony one?

But aye, the main thing is cheap and I don't want it to wreck my vinyls. I'm pretty sure I don't need to mess about with this phono pre-amp business either.

avoid a USB turntable with a ceramic cartridge - it will damage the vinyl.

Sometimes it's best to try and get a good second hand one - but then you did that and got caught out. I sold a rega planar a few years ago for £100 (what's that about $150).

A new basic Rega, PROJECT or NAD (or if you can get a second hand one - but you need to check it out first, make sure it's coming from a good home :)) It's not a great idea to just buy off ebay - unless you can collect it and hear it first.

Your main system may have a phono stage pre-amp built in - is there a selection on it marked phono? A quick test would be to connect your turntable to the CD or AUX input - if it sounds very quite (and different to how it sounds now) then the system has a phono pre-amp. Some cheaper turntables have the pre-amp built in - so if they are connected to a AUX input they sound fine.

Well the actual button for getting it to the turntable channel is called phono. I've been looking at pro-ject stuff, and incidently think I stumbled across your one (if it was you who posted the photos earlier on). Loved it but it was a hefty price range and would probably be wasted on me. However the rest of the Pro-ject stuff looked nice... the Debut III looks great, and can maybe pick it up for £150 which would be $225.

Never heard of NAD though - will give them a look. The cheapest Rega I could find was £335

Yes, I have it too. I mentioned it earlier. :p

Yeah not one store I visited today around DFW had it. I'm a bit pissed.

Psst...Good Records at 8 am!

Archived