Record Store Day 2010

KirkBot

Oh no! Now I feel really guilty because it was me who said they'd have some in (which is what the Banquet guy told me).

I should be in town tomorrow and Tuesday so I'll go in and see if their shipment turned up. If it has I'll buy one for you.

Aw bless you! :happy: Thanks v much! :D I'll of course pay you for it! Nah dw, it's not your fault, I emailed them too ages in advance and was told they'd have them in. The guy seemed confused about it cos they thought they were going to get some in, but now it's a mystery, haha! Besides, it wasn't a totally wasted visit - I got Two Door Cinema Club's album and a signed 7" copy of the Futureheads' single :awesome: (probs from when they played New Slang, which I missed :(!)

But even the other London stores (I only phoned a few... gonna give some more a go tmz) didn't seem to know of it or have any. One woman was like 'it's a US-only release' and I was like 'Yes... but some UK shops are stocking it for Record Store Day' and she just told me to phone back later in the week... which basically means she has no idea, lol!

But I ain't giving up hope... I'll ring around everywhere and check as many places before I resort to the likes of eBay, which I'm sure are already selling for ridiculous prices! :rolleyes:

Aw bless you! :happy: Thanks v much! :D I'll of course pay you for it! Nah dw, it's not your fault, I emailed them too ages in advance and was told they'd have them in. The guy seemed confused about it cos they thought they were going to get some in, but now it's a mystery, haha! Besides, it wasn't a totally wasted visit - I got Two Door Cinema Club's album and a signed 7" copy of the Futureheads' single :awesome: (probs from when they played New Slang, which I missed :(!)

But even the other London stores (I only phoned a few... gonna give some more a go tmz) didn't seem to know of it or have any. One woman was like 'it's a US-only release' and I was like 'Yes... but some UK shops are stocking it for Record Store Day' and she just told me to phone back later in the week... which basically means she has no idea, lol!

But I ain't giving up hope... I'll ring around everywhere and check as many places before I resort to the likes of eBay, which I'm sure are already selling for ridiculous prices! :rolleyes:

There are some on ebay from the states at £40+ with six days to go. Not good.

I'll be in town anyway so I'll pop in. Hopefully their stock was just delayed by the dust cloud.

Was there a big queue all day? I took the children to Legoland so I missed it all. I wanted to try for the Blur 7".

Got my Exogenesis vinyl. I grabbed the last one, and it was only 8 am! I think there were about 5 copies. I also got the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Soundgarden records. Got a bag of freebies too. I was happy to hear the HAARP version of Stockholm Syndrome on a Coachella CD. :happy:

There are some on ebay from the states at £40+ with six days to go. Not good.

I'll be in town anyway so I'll pop in. Hopefully their stock was just delayed by the dust cloud.

Was there a big queue all day? I took the children to Legoland so I missed it all. I wanted to try for the Blur 7".

Bloody eBay :indiff:. Yeah, I'm hoping it was all just the volcano's fault, lol! I was there til about 1/1.30 and there was still a bit of a queue, but only a small one (about 20 people at most). At one point the shop had tweeted that there was 200 people in the queue (at around 11am :stunned:) I overheard one of the staff (who was dealing with queuers) tell someone that Blur had sold out quite quickly. But they might get more in, so fingers x'd!

Bloody eBay :indiff:. Yeah, I'm hoping it was all just the volcano's fault, lol! I was there til about 1/1.30 and there was still a bit of a queue, but only a small one (about 20 people at most). At one point the shop had tweeted that there was 200 people in the queue (at around 11am :stunned:) I overheard one of the staff (who was dealing with queuers) tell someone that Blur had sold out quite quickly. But they might get more in, so fingers x'd!

I think there were only 1,000 of the Blur singles so I didn't really expect to get one.

Bids on Exo up to £51.93. With six days to go. FFS.

Count me among those who failed at getting one. :( Kind of my choice though ... I decided to go to a conference today and by the time it was over, my store was sold out of Muse vinyls. I was quite bummed but had a great day meeting people so I don't regret it. I mean, you can buy records on eBay, but not friends and connections.:p

That said ... if anyone landed a spare they're just dyin' to get rid of ... I'd be more than happy to take it off your hands. Otherwise I'll just shell out like a sucker on eBay ... :$

THERE ARE STILL COPIES AT AMOEBA RECORDS ON HAIGHT IN SAN FRANCISCO!!

GO GET 'EM!! :D

Only "one per customer" there but, bring a friend or two, you know..? ;)

for those of you lucky enough to get a copy - please dont ruin it on a crap turntable with a poor needle - like a USB turntable with a ceramic cartridge.

Any spare copies - please let me know, I can provide a good home for vinyl :D

here's my turntable:

[ATTACH]10385[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]10386[/ATTACH]

Cool turntable!!! :eek: I'm so old, I still call them "record players"....:$

Well here's my adventure:

Nervously drove an hour away to a little hole-in-the-wall record store that said they still might have a few copies. So I get there, and the guy was nice enough to hold one for me after I called. Nice man. So BINGO I get my copy and I ask him how many he had left. He said two people had reserves and one of them was just coming to get it from Canada or something (:wtf:).... And he points to a box near the counter with a couple still left :awesome: I ask him if he's positive that nobody was going to take them, and he insisted. So just to be safe, I browsed the store for a little while, sure enough nobody else came for them.

Long story short, I know some people weren't able to get some today, sooooooo I ended up buying 3 extra :D Now 2 of which already went to awesome boardies who weren't able to get one... Only met one other fan cos this place is so far out there, but still, today turned out great and I'm thankful for it!

bahaha many people posting this but

i too am looking for one, the store that 'ordered' a copy for me, lied. even though they confirmed the order...they didn't get it.... soooo

if anyone has an extra or can pick one up for me i will obviously pay you back (via paypal ) and i can send you awsome candy since i work at a candy store :O :O (or no candy your choice..) anyways if someone can pm me :p ?

Nervously drove an hour away to a little hole-in-the-wall record store that said they still might have a few copies. So I get there, and the guy was nice enough to hold one for me after I called. Nice man. So BINGO I get my copy and I ask him how many he had left. He said two people had reserves and one of them was just coming to get it from Canada or something (:wtf:).... And he points to a box near the counter with a couple still left :awesome: I ask him if he's positive that nobody was going to take them, and he insisted. So just to be safe, I browsed the store for a little while, sure enough nobody else came for them.

Long story short, I know some people weren't able to get some today, sooooooo I ended up buying 3 extra :D Now 2 of which already went to awesome boardies who weren't able to get one... Only met one other fan cos this place is so far out there, but still, today turned out great and I'm thankful for it!

zommm does that mean one more extra??? that i can buy off you :O ?

You're allowed to drive at 14?!

I got mine and am listening to it right now:happy:.

The Independent Record store I went to in Colorado Springs had so many of the Exogenesis, at least 10. I was really considering buying more than one and then selling them on here, but my mom was buying them for me and could only get a few things. I feel really bad now since there are people on here who weren't able to get it:(. I hope that you come across something good and don't have to pay the outrageous ebay prices.

Was this at Looney Tunes? Because I was in the VIP program as well. I was the tall guy with longer hair and the Muse hoodie

Yea yea it was looney tunes! You were listening to an ipod or something while on line? I was so surprised to see a muse fan there and now i'm even more surprised you're on the board lol small world. I was a girl wearing a grey hoodie, black sweatpants, n reddish brown hair.

Oh, one other thing I was excited to get today, but a special for RSD on the band's site. Air Traffic vinyl signed! :D They said there were only 10, and that's it forever, muahahaha.

nice!

bahahah i actually got some stuff today..non record store day releases...but i got myself BHR + resistance. on vinyl. :p yeah the records here not so interesting.:p

Archived