Record Store Day 2010

KirkBot

You don't think record company execs are fat cats, and sometimes screw over the fans?

I was talking about a business decision, nothing close to a conspiracy theory. Please don't lump me in with those nuts. I don't wear tinfoil hats.

haha - I was having a laugh.

but yeah - I do think they are greedy and a lot of them just care about the money not the music. At the end of the day it is a business, a business which has been brought to it's knees by illegal downloads. Which is why they are all now push limited editions and collectables - soon to be followed by a newer better more limited edition - the swines.

At some point you have to say "I'm not buying any more". Does it make you any more of a fan?

haha - I was having a laugh.

but yeah - I do think they are greedy and a lot of them just care about the money not the music. At the end of the day it is a business, a business which has been brought to it's knees by illegal downloads. Which is why they are all now push limited editions and collectables - soon to be followed by a newer better more limited edition - the swines.

At some point you have to say "I'm not buying any more". Does it make you any more of a fan?

Lucky

I tried to get one from eBay, but something went wrong, but another member of the board helped me out :). Don't know how in line the values were, but the fact somebody physically went to a shop for me to get a copy, I thought that was a pretty big scene, so I swapped my Resistance single vinyl for it.

Lucky

I tried to get one from eBay, but something went wrong, but another member of the board helped me out :). Don't know how in line the values were, but the fact somebody physically went to a shop for me to get a copy, I thought that was a pretty big scene, so I swapped my Resistance single vinyl for it.

I would swap one for a Resistance single vinyl!

I would swap one for a Resistance single vinyl!

I've already swapped it :(. It was the day when I emailed about getting one sent to your address from eBay. The eBayer cancelled my order, and then put it up for a more expensive price, but luckily a member from the boards had went out and picked me up a copy.

Was REALLY sad to see it go :LOL:

I've already swapped it :(. It was the day when I emailed about getting one sent to your address from eBay. The eBayer cancelled my order, and then put it up for a more expensive price, but luckily a member from the boards had went out and picked me up a copy.

Was REALLY sad to see it go :LOL:

I know you did, but I'm just saying, if anyone else is interested. ;) They did that? What assholes! It's their fault for listing it so early! :mad:

I managed to get one from Electric Fetus. Email them to see if they have any left in stock. Its $10 plus $8 to ship to the UK

i got one from there too. :happy:

they said that they only had 2 left in stock, one they were holding for me and im assuming the other one for you

NOOOO!!!!! WTF am I gonna do now :supersad:

dunno. hope?

i'm still waiting on some yet-to-be-filled orders. if they are ultimately filled, i will have extras to distribute per the format proffered in some of my previous posts (in this thread and others...i think).

but, it appears it might be a week or two before i have a final count as to how many copies i actually procure...

Did you just get that? My still says pending, but I at least want my Hysteria single! :fear:

i got a "your order is being processed" e-mail this morning. i then sent them an e-mail, inquiring about what that language actually meant...

...and the response i received was what i posted a few minutes ago.

i got a "your order is being processed" e-mail this morning. i then sent them an e-mail, inquiring about what that language actually meant...

...and the response i received was what i posted a few minutes ago.

Ok, I guess I'll send them an email.

Hey all,

On another note, some of you were discussing the Pro-ject Debut III. I can highly recommend it! Great turntable for the price. If you're in need of a pre-amp, don't skimp! Try to put your hard earned cash to a good one like the Bellari VP130 (about $250). That's my setup running through an ancient Pioneer vsx-d608 receiver and Cerwin Vega LS-15's. Not the greatest in the world, but it sounds pretty darn good imho. Hearing vinyl again reminds you just how much all those mp3s you've downloaded over the years sound like shit. My *only* complaint with the Debut III is that nothing is automatic on it (nope, when the arm reaches the end and the record, you have to lift it yourself...it won't lift and turn itself off) and the on/off toggle is underneath the table. Other than that, it's a steller turntable. I love it.

great stuff - even a pre-amp at £50 ($75) is a good start for those on a budget.

With better turntables often nothing is automatic, as automatic compromises on sound quality – more motors and moving parts to interfere with the sound. You still have to get of your arse to turn the vinyl over – so it’s no big deal (I love an album to have 2 sides rather than a CD which just runs right through – probably just being nostalgic).

Archived