Record Store Day 2010

KirkBot

The store near me only had two copies, but I had emailed the owner a month ago and held one for me. I could have just bought the other one as well, but gave some other people a chance first before I go back there later today to see if it's still there. If it is, I'll buy it and offer it to someone who got gyped.

actually, to touch on the point of store owners limiting the amount of copies one person could buy (assuming an owner has ten, for example)...

...if I were a store owner, I'd feel comfortable with allowing one person to buy a maximum of two copies -- presumably, if a true fan was purchasing them, one could open/play/enjoy one copy...and allow one to keep the other one sealed for "collection" purposes. reasonable, no?

on another note, I'm now at a store where jason castro is supposed to show up for a 'meet and greet' in about an hour.

to meet the toolbag or not to meet the toolbag? that is the question... hah.

Just got back from the record store and they had plenty of copies. Seems US fans, specifically in Orlando, don't fancy Muse. In fact, they had every single album in vinyl version, along with The Resistance (limited) and also with the B Side and Dead Star CD EPs

"Does anybody know if the new Blur record is also being released outside of the UK?"

I was told that something happened that made it that some UK stuff wasn't coming here and some US stuff wasn't going there, and I think I heard Blur wasn't coming here.

Just got back from the record store and they had plenty of copies. Seems US fans, specifically in Orlando, don't fancy Muse. In fact, they had every single album in vinyl version, along with The Resistance (limited) and also with the B Side and Dead Star CD EPs

"Does anybody know if the new Blur record is also being released outside of the UK?"

I was told that something happened that made it that some UK stuff wasn't coming here and some US stuff wasn't going there, and I think I heard Blur wasn't coming here.

There's only a couple of people waiting outside a store stocking it in San Diego too apparently!

Bummer, I can't find anybody to get it for me. :'( I'm not too bothered about Exogenesis but blaagh I want that Blur single!

I know it's probably been said btw. But if anyone gets to a shop that has a few extra copies, I would happily pay for their travel/copy/whatever to get my own one. And postage obviously :p.

And I don't know how much it's worth, but it wouldnt be going on eBay :)

I'll let you know ;) I'm headed down to a store now, they're holding one for me, but I'll see if they have any more copies for you.

I hope you bought all that stuff! :awesome: I managed to get 2 copies of Exo. I had reserved one, and no one seemed to want the other copy the store had, and since they had a two per customer policy, I just went ahead and got both. My buys: http://yfrog.com/62bzwzj Depressed I didn't get Flaming Lips, but did get a John Lennon when a guy was forced to put one back because he had 3 :LOL:

Had no problems getting a copy today... same with the Deftones and Tegan and Sara 7" releases. There was probably a lot more I would've wanted but I didn't want to spend much more.

Hope everyone had good luck..

Agenthal - i don't think any of the albums were special. Exo was the only thing that was supposed to come out today as far as I know. Absolution has a different cover than the CD, but all copies of that on vinyl do.

Had no problems getting a copy today... same with the Deftones and Tegan and Sara 7" releases. There was probably a lot more I would've wanted but I didn't want to spend much more.

Hope everyone had good luck..

Agenthal - i don't think any of the albums were special. Exo was the only thing that was supposed to come out today as far as I know. Absolution has a different cover than the CD, but all copies of that on vinyl do.

Ah, ok, I just know it said about the releases on the RSD website. I wanted the Tegan and Sara release but they didn't have it at my store, boo.

Archived