Record Store Day 2010

KirkBot

Here's my fun Record Store Day story (not really fun but here is is nonetheless)...

Got up early to go to a store 10 min from my house. Opened at 11AM, but didn't get any copies in.

Went to the other store down the street, didn't get any copies in.

Went online and got the numbers to about 7 other stores within 40 minutes of where I was that were participating.

The first few stores were either sold out at that point or didn't get any in.

Tried calling another store and got a busy signal for about 10 minutes.

Called a couple more stores and no one answered.

Finally got through the busy line and they had ONE COPY LEFT. Too bad this store was literally 40 minutes away from my current location.

Luckily the guy said he could hold it for me for only 1 hour.

Sped there and made it with plenty of time.

$10 later, the vinyl was mine. :D

Also picked up the Flaming Lips clear Dark Side of the Moon 12", a 7" limited Ha Ha Tonka single/b-side, and the Modest Mouse The Moon & Antarctica double-vinyl reissue.

Now I need to buy a record player!

This was my first Record Store Day. Can't wait for next year!

I hope other people have success stories!

I feel like a total tool for not buying an extra copy for somebody here :( I wasn't even expecting to get one, so the thought slipped my mind to buy more :(

It was seriously crazy though, this is a little tiny record shop that usually has like maybe 3 or 4 other people browsing around at any given time... there was like 30 people today, it was crowded and nuts. Everything specifically for RSD was in bins behind the counter and you had to specifically ask for it. I didn't even know about a Rolling Stones 7" until I got home... and I heard about Blur and Bat for Lashes but those might be UK only... they said they had a mob of people waiting for the Fucked Up release this morning, which just strikes me as odd. I got there 90 minutes after they opened so yeah.. people are rabid on record store day. I've never participated in one before...

demand = very high for this shizz.

Well duh :rolleyes:

I had two people lined up to get me one (thanks jebecca!). A friend from Uni back in MI said, "no problem the store right down the street has copies, I'll get there right when they open." So, I thanked jebecca very much and said don't worry 'bout getting a copy because I have someone else lined up...

Well, this other person f***ing blew it and got there 3 hours after the store opened and they were sold out. Great friends I have. :noey:

And I have no chance here, nearest store to have a copy is probably 500 miles away. :(:(

Woo hoooo I got mine this morning at this really cool store. I got a VIP membership to get in earlier then regular people and there weren't even that many with vip… just about 20 so it wasn't that crowded. I was surprised at how many records they had available… about 8 or so Muse were on the shelf. Also there was a one per customer policy which was nice but it would have been nice to get double of some things… I tried to see if my dad, who went with me to pay for mine, could buy one too for anyone here or elsewhere that wanted, but he couldn't 'cause he wasn't vip. But i'm pretty pleased with everything and i hope others had luck in obtaining this!!

Got mine! Along with Neko Case, Phoenix, Goldfrapp, and soon Bat for Lashes (on back-order, I guess).

Interesting enough, the guy at my local record store said that the Muse vinyl wasn't as tough to get as other RSD titles. If he still has extras after today, I might be able to help someone out. But that's just a maybe...

Ok, so I got to my North Little Rock "Arkansas Record/Cd Exchange" (only place near me that was participating in Record Store Day 2010 and they only had 1 copy!!! I got it, but am seriously disappointed now cause I got it home and it's warped!!!!! Guy said come in and get something else and I'm like NO WAY! only reason I was even there. Oh well, at least I have it, warped or not.

Wow, really? Lol. Yeah, I know, I went back at about 12.30 and there was still a queue but Much shorter. I asked the dude and he said the Muse vinyl was the 'big debate' of th day, lol, cos the haven't had any and don't actually know where their stock of them is! I've called around to a lot of London record stores that are part if RSD, and they've all told me they've not seen any or o check back later in the week :(. I think shipping from the US has been a problem cos of this volcano stuff… even though I thought there would be some made in the UK and shipped to shops. Arghh, this has been a huge arseache, lol! I realllllllly hope I don't end up having to turn to eBay for a copy! :rolleyes:

Oh no! Now I feel really guilty because it was me who said they'd have some in (which is what the Banquet guy told me).

I should be in town tomorrow and Tuesday so I'll go in and see if their shipment turned up. If it has I'll buy one for you.

Woo hoooo I got mine this morning at this really cool store. I got a VIP membership to get in earlier then regular people and there weren't even that many with vip… just about 20 so it wasn't that crowded. I was surprised at how many records they had available… about 8 or so Muse were on the shelf. Also there was a one per customer policy which was nice but it would have been nice to get double of some things… I tried to see if my dad, who went with me to pay for mine, could buy one too for anyone here or elsewhere that wanted, but he couldn't 'cause he wasn't vip. But i'm pretty pleased with everything and i hope others had luck in obtaining this!!

Was this at Looney Tunes? Because I was in the VIP program as well. I was the tall guy with longer hair and the Muse hoodie

...how the hell did some of you pay only $10 for the Exo vinyl? I got jipped for $16 :LOL:

Then again, I guess the armload of freebies evens it out. Sort of.

I didn't get a bag of any freebies :(

Mine was marked $9.50.. Guess stores were able to charge whatever they wanted. $16 is kinda ridiculous:rolleyes:

I didn't get a bag of any freebies :(

Mine was marked $9.50.. Guess stores were able to charge whatever they wanted. $16 is kinda ridiculous:rolleyes:

The store's located right on the lovely Pacific Coast Highway in Laguna Beach, CA. Go figure. :rolleyes: Oh well. They were the only record store I could find that was nice enough to special order and reserve vinyls for me. Everyone else in LA was a betch.

I paid $11.98 for mine. I actually got two because FuryGirl, I think recently renamed to Amber, asked me if I could get one for her and I did. She hasn't responded back in awhile so it might be up for grabs here soon.

Also, I can go back to the record store tomorrow and see if there are any left, which there were several when I left, I can get someone a copy. Was $11.98 + tax.

I paid $11.98 for mine. I actually got two because FuryGirl, I think recently renamed to Amber, asked me if I could get one for her and I did. She hasn't responded back in awhile so it might be up for grabs here soon.

Also, I can go back to the record store tomorrow and see if there are any left, which there were several when I left, I can get someone a copy. Was $11.98 + tax.

:supersad:

I would like a copy. I can pay you on Friday.

plus shipping and handling.

Archived