Record Store Day 2010

KirkBot

Yeah, I wonder as well how "limited" this release is when this place:

http://www.vvinyl.com/v/muse-exogenesis-symphony/517

seems to have an unlimited supply....:indiff:

Just makes me feel like I maybe I made too much effort to get it, thinking it was in limited supply, as I spent the better part of yesterday walking around to various stores in San Francisco and ending up at Amoeba finally and getting two copies, but maybe all that effort was unnecessary as we come to find out it's available at the normal price online......oh well...:rolleyes:

according to recordstoreday.com the list says that there were 2000 copies printed of it.

i wasn't so worried about someone taking it before i did but just in case... that's why i was so determined and what not. XD. turns out they had only gotten one copy i believe so, i don't regret putting so much effort into it. lol. i would like to get a second copy - just so that i can have one to play and one to keep for collectors purposes. but that's not really necessary because... well, i'm never ever selling any of my muse stuff. lol.

I had to spend the day in the middle of nowhere and couldn't plan a trip up the States. I asked some of my friends in US/Canada but I don't think anyone had any luck. Soooo.. if anyone has an spare :unsure: please let me know

Or I guess I'll just go through ebay and so..

:$

You can order items from Amoeba online, too, so you might want to check that out, or call and ask them if they have any left and then order online. When I left their San Francisco store after 3pm yesterday, there were still more than 10 copies on the shelf... :)

Yeah, I wonder as well how "limited" this release is when this place:

http://www.vvinyl.com/v/muse-exogenesis-symphony/517

seems to have an unlimited supply....:indiff:

Just makes me feel like I maybe I made too much effort to get it, thinking it was in limited supply, as I spent the better part of yesterday walking around to various stores in San Francisco and ending up at Amoeba finally and getting two copies, but maybe all that effort was unnecessary as we come to find out it's available at the normal price online......oh well...:rolleyes:

They definitely don't have a limited supply. I bet we'll all get emails saying, "sorry, out of stock" tomorrow. It says when you order it that RSD stuff is first come, first serve and they'll get back to you if they don't actually have it, so. Yeah, worth a shot, though. And they had the Hysteria single, so definitely worth it!

just got this from them:

"I have already received 53 three orders for this title and have only 18 left in stock. If you place your order now, I won't be able to fill it. Sorry for the bad news."

So, I've emailed a bunch of London-based record stores from the list of participating ones on the RSD site - no luck thus far, but am still awaiting some replies. I'm starting to think that what the guy in Banquet Records told me may be true - he said he thinks some UK store had advertised that they were going to get this imported (as it's a US-only release), and that kind of spurred a chain reaction of other UK stores thinking they were going to get some in. :rolleyes:

Most are telling me to keep checking back - but thing is, I can't be sure if the haven't got any cos of this volcano thing delaying shipping or cos they're just not going to get any at all... and none of the stores seem to know either, haha.

I'll wait it out for a bit longer; I'll only resort to eBay/other extortionist sites at the last minute. Damn my stupid internet... why couldn't it have worked when this pre-roder was going on?! Then I wouldn't have to deal with this crap, lol! *le sigh*

So, I've emailed a bunch of London-based record stores from the list of participating ones on the RSD site - no luck thus far, but am still awaiting some replies. I'm starting to think that what the guy in Banquet Records told me may be true - he said he thinks some UK store had advertised that they were going to get this imported (as it's a US-only release), and that kind of spurred a chain reaction of other UK stores thinking they were going to get some in. :rolleyes:

Most are telling me to keep checking back - but thing is, I can't be sure if the haven't got any cos of this volcano thing delaying shipping or cos they're just not going to get any at all... and none of the stores seem to know either, haha.

I'll wait it out for a bit longer; I'll only resort to eBay/other extortionist sites at the last minute. Damn my stupid internet... why couldn't it have worked when this pre-roder was going on?! Then I wouldn't have to deal with this crap, lol! *le sigh*

Did you see the video Banquet posted on Youtube of the queue on RSD at 9.55am? I'm sure you must be on it somewhere.

Here:

Did you see the video Banquet posted on Youtube of the queue on RSD at 9.55am? I'm sure you must be on it somewhere.

Here:

:LOL: That video is wicked. I saw a lot of those people! Shame I missed out on it by, like, a minute! I got to the shop at 9.59am :chuckle: I remember cos I was running and then I saw the queue, looked at the time on my iPhone and went 'Oh fuckin' hell!' ... some people queuing were laughing at me, lol. Good thing I had to dash at 10.30, otherwise I would have queued for aaaages only to find there was no Muse vinyl!

just got this from them:

"I have already received 53 three orders for this title and have only 18 left in stock. If you place your order now, I won't be able to fill it. Sorry for the bad news."

Did you see my other post..? You all might still want to try an online order from Amoeba...:)

You can order items from Amoeba online, too, so you might want to check that out, or call and ask them if they have any left and then order online. When I left their San Francisco store after 3pm yesterday, there were still more than 10 copies on the shelf... :)

Did you see my other post..? You all might still want to try an online order from Amoeba...:)

yeah - I tried as soon as I saw it. Thanks for the tip - maybe I will still get 1.

Didn't see any thing on the web site - but I sent them an email and have not yet got a reply. I also sent loads of emails to US stores 2 weeks ago - no luck yet.

It's a bloody laugh on ebay :eek:

yeah - I tried as soon as I saw it. Thanks for the tip - maybe I will still get 1.

Didn't see any thing on the web site - but I sent them an email and have not yet got a reply. I also sent loads of emails to US stores 2 weeks ago - no luck yet.

It's a bloody laugh on ebay :eek:

If you want, I can give them a call and see if they know if they've got any left. I wouldn't be able to go physically get a copy for you but what I can do is call....let me know...:)

Btw, I met you and your wife at the meetup with Sue et al. at the O2 last Nov....:)

just got this from them:

I managed to order one on Sunday (morning USA time) but haven't had a response. Anyone else heard anything?

If you want, I can give them a call and see if they know if they've got any left. I wouldn't be able to go physically get a copy for you but what I can do is call....let me know...:)

Btw, I met you and your wife at the meetup with Sue et al. at the O2 last Nov....:)

thanks - the email I sent them was just to a general address which covers all of their stores. I guess the chances of them having any left now are remote. Thanks for the help.

Karen & I do remember you (and the stories of the "wicker man" village where you stayed in England :D). Hope you are well - and I'm sure enjoying being back home.

That's just so that if someone types 'Radiohead' into the eBay search engine, that listing will appear in the search results. Stupid really, but I see it happen a lot on eBay, haha. I love that people assume that all Radiohead fans will also be fans of Muse or vice verse :p.

Looks like I'm not the only one having trouble trying to get one of these in the UK! Even if I found a US store/a copy of it in the US for a decent price... there's this whole shipping thing that'll be an issue cos there are no flights :rolleyes:. Who knew an Icelandic volcano could cause so many problems, haha! Apparently lots of flights are resuming tomorrow, but there's all this commotion over the ash possibly returning in the next few weeks/months... I really hope it doesn't effect my Musey trip to Milan/Paris in June :(.

That's just so that if someone types 'Radiohead' into the eBay search engine, that listing will appear in the search results. Stupid really, but I see it happen a lot on eBay, haha. I love that people assume that all Radiohead fans will also be fans of Muse or vice verse :p.

Looks like I'm not the only one having trouble trying to get one of these in the UK! Even if I found a US store/a copy of it in the US for a decent price... there's this whole shipping thing that'll be an issue cos there are no flights :rolleyes:. Who knew an Icelandic volcano could cause so many problems, haha! Apparently lots of flights are resuming tomorrow, but there's all this commotion over the ash possibly returning in the next few weeks/months... I really hope it doesn't effect my Musey trip to Milan/Paris in June :(.

I'm getting the Eurostar to Paris so that trip's safe but I'm going to the Caribbean in August so all this ash business had better be over and done with by then.

I didn't make it into town yesterday but I definitely have to go tomorrow so I'll try Banquet. Have you called/emailed since Saturday to see if their shipment ever turned up?

I'm getting the Eurostar to Paris so that trip's safe but I'm going to the Caribbean in August so all this ash business had better be over and done with by then.

I didn't make it into town yesterday but I definitely have to go tomorrow so I'll try Banquet. Have you called/emailed since Saturday to see if their shipment ever turned up?

Cheers ma dears :happy:... but please don't go to any extra effort on my behalf. I emailed them on Sunday and got an email back this morning saying they still don't have it :(. I'll try again later in the week, like Thurs or Fri seeing as flights should have resumed tomorrow, so shipments should hopefully be coming in (fingers x'd).

Archived