Record Store Day 2010

KirkBot

5bfecbba-f8c3-4883-ad81-c75304d4c1c3.jpgDon't forget that it's Record Store Day tomorrow (Saturday 17th April) and if you're in the US you can get your hands on the limited edition Exogenesis vinyl release in participating stores. The vinyl tracklisting is as follows:

SIDE A

Exogenesis Symphony

PART 1 (Overture) 4:18

PART 2 (Cross-Pollination) 3:58

PART 3 (Redemption) 4:37

SIDE B

Uprising (Live in Teignmouth) 5:37

Resistance (Live in Lisbon) 5:36

Click on the link below to go to the US Record Store Day website and find your local independent store. There will also be a very limited number of copies available from the Zia Records Tent at Coachella.

Source: http://muse.mu/news/article/638/record-store-day-2010/

I've heard from a 'source' that a Muse member will be at Portobello Road tomorrow at a vinyl record store. Anyone heard about this or got any info?

Yes, it's called bullshit to get you to turn up at that store because they probably need customers.

Well, this is just a wee bit ridiculous! I'm outside banquet records in Kingston and the queue is stupidly massive!! I also stupidly didn't think it would be this busy at all :(. And I can't even queue for long as I have to meet someone at half past. This sucketh.

Wow, really? I was thinking of going down there to see what they had other than Exo. I don't think I'll bother now.

Well' date=' this is just a wee bit ridiculous! I'm outside banquet records in Kingston and the queue is stupidly massive!! I also stupidly didn't think it would be this busy at all :(. And I can't even queue for long as I have to meet someone at half past. This sucketh.[/quote']

oh I think I saw you!

they didn't even have any there anyway..

oh I think I saw you!

they didn't even have any there anyway..

Wow, really? Lol. Yeah, I know, I went back at about 12.30 and there was still a queue but Much shorter. I asked the dude and he said the Muse vinyl was the 'big debate' of th day, lol, cos the haven't had any and don't actually know where their stock of them is! I've called around to a lot of London record stores that are part if RSD, and they've all told me they've not seen any or o check back later in the week :(. I think shipping from the US has been a problem cos of this volcano stuff… even though I thought there would be some made in the UK and shipped to shops. Arghh, this has been a huge arseache, lol! I realllllllly hope I don't end up having to turn to eBay for a copy! :rolleyes:

hah. taste of

my own medicine. was in line early, and when the doors opened, the guy DIRECTLY in front of me proceeded to rush straight to the copies in the store. he grabbed all ten. I offered him a hefty price tag for merel one copy and he told me to fuck off.

I couldve been the person to get a few copies and tried to get some to members on the boards (at my cost), and now I'm likely the one who will have to fork over the substantial resell premium charged by mr. generic record scalper.

haha. oh well.

Success! I got a VIP access package a couple weeks ago to a big record store nearby and due to that I got in an hour before the rest of the crowd along with about 20 other people who signed up for it. Amazingly, they had 10 copies so I managed to get it, along with Coheed & Cambria, The Ramones, and Soundgarden. On the other side of the spectrum, they did not have Them Crooked Vultures' vinyl, so I went to a small store on my way home and somehow they had like 15 copies of that, but no Muse. So it seems distribution was pretty uneven to say the least.

What I like about the stores here is that they have a 1 per customer policy so that people couldn't take all of them in one swipe like futiger described.

hah. taste of

my own medicine. was in line early, and when the doors opened, the guy DIRECTLY in front of me proceeded to rush straight to the copies in the store. he grabbed all ten. I offered him a hefty price tag for merel one copy and he told me to fuck off.

I couldve been the person to get a few copies and tried to get some to members on the boards (at my cost), and now I'm likely the one who will have to fork over the substantial resell premium charged by mr. generic record scalper.

haha. oh well.

Oh that sucks! We'll be sure to see those floating about on eBay for $100 each. :LOL:

hah. taste of

haha. oh well.

What. That's disgusting. Why isn't it limited to 1 or 2 per person. :stunned:

hah. taste of

haha. oh well.

What an arse that guy was. :rolleyes:

Archived