Record Store Day 2010

KirkBot

Cheers ma dears :happy:... but please don't go to any extra effort on my behalf. I emailed them on Sunday and got an email back this morning saying they still don't have it :(. I'll try again later in the week' date=' like Thurs or Fri seeing as flights [i']should[/i] have resumed tomorrow, so shipments should hopefully be coming in (fingers x'd).

I checked at Banquet and they still don't know what happened to their order for Exo. He said now RSD is over, if they get them in they'll just go on their website so keep checking there.

It wasn't a completely wasted journey - I managed to pick up a copy of Absolution on vinyl for 14.99. I really need to get my turntable up and running now.

I checked at Banquet and they still don't know what happened to their order for Exo. He said now RSD is over, if they get them in they'll just go on their website so keep checking there.

It wasn't a completely wasted journey - I managed to pick up a copy of Absolution on vinyl for £14.99. I really need to get my turntable up and running now.

Cools... fanks for looking! :kiss:. Uberly sad thing is... I don't even have a turn table :LOL::facepalm: I'm just an avid (and sad) collector. I've got all album vinyls, I just need to complete the singles, including this stoopid Exo one, lol. I'll keep looking on the Banquet site, but I have a strong feeling they won't have it. S'pose I'll just have to wait for the hype to die down around it, so that it'll hopefully be cheaper on eBay :rolleyes:.

sorry if this has already been hashed through, but...

are we in fact CERTAIN that only 2000 of these have been / will be produced? i see no demarcation on the record showing anything of the sort akin to # xxxx/2000 (like there sort of was on the limited edition muse.mu resistance box set...).

also, i've contacted a few stores by e-mail...and a few of them have stated that they 'anticipate receiving more copies in stock before the end of the week...'

so, in short: i'm skeptical about the validity of 'only 2000 copies produced.'

someone please prove to me why i shouldn't be skeptical in this regard.

sorry if this has already been hashed through, but...

are we in fact CERTAIN that only 2000 of these have been / will be produced? i see no demarcation on the record showing anything of the sort akin to # xxxx/2000 (like there sort of was on the limited edition muse.mu resistance box set...).

also, i've contacted a few stores by e-mail...and a few of them have stated that they 'anticipate receiving more copies in stock before the end of the week...'

so, in short: i'm skeptical about the validity of 'only 2000 copies produced.'

someone please prove to me why i shouldn't be skeptical in this regard.

Most stores seemed to have around 10 copies in. Once you take out the 500 sold on .mu, that only allows for 150 stores to stock it. Hmmm

Most stores seemed to have around 10 copies in. Once you take out the 500 sold on .mu' date=' that only allows for 150 stores to stock it. Hmmm[/quote']

The big surprise in the mail tomorrow: There were no 500 vinyls on muse.mu :p

It would be illegal to produce more than what has been stated in the limited edition. If the official RDS site say it's 2000, I'm happy to believe that. They must have heard it from somewhere official.

Where are you getting this information from?

Because bands/record labels routinely say they're only going to produce so much of a record, then produce more when demand is really high.

Because bands/record labels routinely say they're only going to produce so much of a record, then produce more when demand is really high.

It would make no sense to produce a LIMITED release, and then just produce more because of demand.

You are talking about re-pressings. If something is limited, and is sold as limited, with a quantity specified, then thats what it is.

And I hardly think they didn't know there would be demand for this. It was meant to be rare to get.

If RDS have said it's 2000, I believe them. I also believe MUSE.mu would have got more than 500 had it not been so limited.

You are talking about re-pressings. If something is limited, and is sold as limited, with a quantity specified, then thats what it is.

And I hardly think they didn't know there would be demand for this. It was meant to be rare to get.

If RDS have said it's 2000, I believe them. I also believe MUSE.mu would have got more than 500 had it not been so limited.

KirkBot's announcement said it was limited edition. He didn't say there were only 2,000. RSD's site did but they've been known to get things wrong - like listing it as a 7".

great stuff - a conspiracy theory :eek:

big bad record company = fat cats

hope Matt gets to read this :)

You don't think record company execs are fat cats, and sometimes screw over the fans?

I was talking about a business decision, nothing close to a conspiracy theory. Please don't lump me in with those nuts. I don't wear tinfoil hats.

Yea I know what a repressing is. That's not what I'm talking about. I'm pretty sure I've heard of things that were supposed to be limited being re-released in larger quantities....but I don't really care enough to try to find examples.

Maybe I'm thinking of cases where something limited was supposed to be pressed in a run of say 500....and then before it was pressed, they decided to bump it up to 1000 or so. I don't know.

Regardless, 2000 is a lot. They weren't in every record store....I went to one store when it opened, and they didn't get any. I went to another store about 2 hours after opening....they only had a couple, and they weren't sold before I left. I saw copies of another record that only 250 were pressed of, and it hadn't sold hours after opening.

I dunno, they guy said a reissue on the phone. Guess we'll see come June if he was right.

I was kidding. I thought it was hilarious because I've been trying to tell people that this happens all the time and everyone acted like I'm an idiot. And then you come and prove my point in the same day. Thanks.

It's not the same. The 1000 will be limited. They will be giving some sort of difference to be shown that, even if it is only a different bar-code.

There was an RDS release that was a re-issue. The Soundgarden one. But the first issue of it is still the most valuable.

They CANNOT say it's limited to 2000 and sell 5000. It's illegal, and for something that won't be a huge financial venture for them, they won't risk slipping that under.

It's not the same. The 1000 will be limited. They will be giving some sort of difference to be shown that, even if it is only a different bar-code.

There was an RDS release that was a re-issue. The Soundgarden one. But the first issue of it is still the most valuable.

They CANNOT say it's limited to 2000 and sell 5000. It's illegal, and for something that won't be a huge financial venture for them, they won't risk slipping that under.

Oh ok. Guess I misunderstood your original post then (actually, assumed that you wouldn't know about this ^ practice). My bad.

Archived