Actually, that person said "So where it can take you guys at the most 4 hours to go to the farthest gig." They never said it took 4 hours to go from Land's End to John O'Groats

They also said that the UK is said to be about the size of USA state Virginia..and it takes them about 4 hours maybe to drive the top to bottom length of the state.

And again I am not saying that it is difficult to get to a gig in the UK, I was just replying to that specific point in a light way.

They also said that the UK is said to be about the size of USA state Virginia..and it takes them about 4 hours maybe to drive the top to bottom length of the state.

And again I am not saying that it is difficult to get to a gig in the UK, I was just replying to that specific point in a light way.

OK, whatever. Virginia is wider than it is tall. not exactly the same shape as Ol Blightly. Look at a map sometime :LOL:

What about Europe? They are doing over 3 months of festivals and stadium tours in Europe[/QU

No one cares about festivals :p

I meant proper gigs!

Yeah it's good that they did this US tour but to do another one a few months later is quite stupid.

The UK(their home :p ) has hardly had any dates!

Hopefully a full on UK tour in the winter :D

UK (their home) has been getting plenty of shows over the years.

Well anywhere with 600 miles is pretty much a go for me. Bring on the Muse road trips :D

Huzzah!

Recent shows:

2008:

Europe/UK: 5

Central/South America: 10

Africa/ME: 3

2009:

Europe/UK: 35

USA: 14 (incl. U2 support, mini-West coast radio show gigs, MTV award show)

Europe/UK: 21

USA: 21 (there are 50 states remember)

Canada: 5

Asia/Australasia: 13

Central America: 1

So:

Europe/UK: 61

USA/Canada: 40 (if we count 10 song radio show and support sets as gigs)

Thanks for this. :LOL:

It's still about The Resistance Tour, still about the US and still about more dates, which exactly what was being discussed in the existing threads. The last comments there were about more dates in the fall so personally I don't see the point of having a new thread to carry on the same discussion.

Anyway the mods will decide if they want to merge this with the main thread.

My God why are people so freakin snoody around here? Who cares if there are two threads? Is it really something worth crying about? Maybe I'm missing something.

Anyways, they better by coming to Cleveland! Saw them in Detroit but I'm ready for some hometown loving from them. The wife and I are going to plan a Musecation if they come within driving distance of here. Probably try to hit up 3 or 4 shows in a weeks time if feasible. Even if we get similar setlists, would still be awesome.

why more us dates?

in the UK we got a 6 date tour : (

then we've got 3 stadium shows and 3 festival appearances, which comes to 12 shows (then 14 if you count tin'muff), all from september 09 until september 2010...

yeah, the US is considerabley bigger than the UK, but Muse belong over here...

i'm sure the current US tour is way over 14 dates, although I'll have to check.

Latin America only got ONE date, be happy with what you've got.

- Muse are ready to sell out stadiums (in NYC and CA areas) and it's going to send shock waves to many critics, Musewho? fans and doubters. It was unthinkable something like this will happen now as many other bands more popular than Muse in the USA (e.g, Coldplay started playing front act of Muse in Europe and has broke US long time ago) will not be able to sell out / capable of doing stadium shows. Muse already been huge in CA and NY areas since BH&R Tour (they've already sold outs The Forum, Bill Graham Civic Auditorium and MSG in 2007).

No shot. They're doing 20,000 seater arenas now. You think they can bump up to 85,000 seater stadiums? I wish too but no shot. I think they may be ready for multiple nights at MSG, but no way are they big enough for Giants Stadium here. That is the very summit of venues for US bands, Muse simply are not that big yet. Maybe next tour, maybe.

Plus we hardly ever get them! let them be generous to us and then they can semi-ignore us for a couple years again:LOL:

We get them even less than you. All the dates on the US this year account for more than the dates Latin America has had on the last two tours, TR, BHAR. We didn't get the Absolution Tour at all, so stop complaining, you've had a healthy share of Muuuse, and I know its easy to get addicted. But I think you are being unfair to the people who'll have to wait years instead of months to see them live again. And that is only if they decide to play in their countries (Mexico is sooo lucky to get them this time around)

Yes, they can as it will be the only show in NYC, mostly Northeast and New England areas - many people in NYC/tri-state, Boston/CT/New England, PA, DC, Virginia etc (including 2010 repeaters) will go for this/make pilgrimage to NYC.

That's what they said in 2007 - they can't sell out The Forum, Bill Graham, MSG in 2007 and that they can't headline US festivals.

Trust and believe me - Muse are already huge in NYC/East Coast and CA/West Coast - you have not been following their growth in popularity and the risks they are taking.

It will be the icing on the cake in this tour - sell out stadiums in 2010 in US (oh well even if it's just NYC/Northeast and CA/West Coast areas).

I'll be making the trek from Toronto if they play Giants Stadium :D

We get them even less than you. All the dates on the US this year account for more than the dates Latin America has had on the last two tours, TR, BHAR. We didn't get the Absolution Tour at all, so stop complaining, you've had a healthy share of Muuuse, and I know its easy to get addicted. But I think you are being unfair to the people who'll have to wait years instead of months to see them live again. And that is only if they decide to play in their countries (Mexico is sooo lucky to get them this time around)

yes i understand, and i do feel bad for latin america and south america...but i mean your gunna have to understand, this is a thread full of muse addicted fans who either came down from their buzz and want their fix or are still waiting to get their minds blown...so if they say hey your gunna get more, of course we are gunna freak the hell out and be really pumped about it.

no worries though my friend. muse was incredibly generous to America this year, he will probably give you guys a large amount attention too on of these days

How 'bout Kansas City, MO? We have the Sprint Center. A beautiful three year old downtown venue that can accommodate 19,000 to 20,000. Then there's the brand new Independence Events Center just 20 minutes outside of KC. It holds up to 7,000 for concerts.

Of the two I would LOVE to see Muse perform at the Sprint Center. It's the perfect arena venue with great bars, restaurants, and hotels all within walking distance. Plus the parking is decent (lots of garage space) at $5 US for events, and the area is safe and clean. Granted, the Sprint Center a big place to fill, but Kansas City is an awesome location considering it's proximity to major cities in the US.

This has been an unpaid announcement for the Kansas City Convention & Visitors Association.:D

you had me at $5 parking! :p I had to pay $20 in Baltimore :rolleyes:

well i mean once again to put this in perspective..

UK is said to be about the size of USA state Virginia..i drive the top to bottom length of the state about once every few months. using this interstates it takes about 4 hours maybe. So where it can take you guys at the most 4 hours to go to the farthest gig. the closest gig to me for this show was Baltimore. I live in pittsburgh, and it was about a 4 hour drive. So i mean only for those who really have the time can see them multiple times..and travel is expensive

I get your point the UK is smaller than the US but it is not that small. It takes more than 4 hours to drive from one end to the other :LOL:

*clears throat*

As a Virginian I feel compelled to point out that while it may only take maybe 5hrs to go from DC to the NC border going north-south (I-95), it actually takes more like 8hrs to drive the entire state if you go east-west (US58) - virginia is basically shaped like a triangle but it has this loooong skinny foot sticking out to the west ;)

But that said, the numbers don't lie:

Virginia:

Area 42,774.2 sq mi (110,785.67 km2)

Great Britain (not counting Northern Ireland)

Area 84,556 sq mi (219,000 km2 )

UK w/o Northern Ireland is significantly bigger than VA (roughly twice the size actually) ;)

Now England alone is on the same order in size as VA:

Area 50 346 sq mi (130 395 km2)

But is still around 15% bigger ;)

And because I'm bored and playing with wikipedia, you'll all be glad to know that the following states are about the same size as Great Britain:

Idaho 83,570 (216,445)

Utah 84,899 (219,887)

Kansas 82,277 (213,096)

This concludes tonights geography lesson :p

Archived