Are your family appreciative of Muse?

my brother introduced me to Muse. I wouldn't say he's a Muser because he kind of moved on. He's got all the albums, and saw them with me, but now he likes Tegan&Sara :rolleyes:

my other brother likes Muse but couldn't afford to come with us to the concert. he listens to Muse non-stop, but i don't see him much.

my other brother is a lost cause. metalhead. (yes, i have 3 older brothers!)

my mom is appreciative. she supports it, buys me Muse shirts when she sees them... occasionally she'll listen to Starlight or Uprising if it's on the radio or if i burn her a CD but she never listens to the 'real' stuff.

my dad thinks Muse sounds like a dying cat and refuses to listen to any at all. :LOL: my dad makes fun of how ugly matt is too lol

• 7 months later...

My dad totally shocked me the other day :LOL: I've mentioned before that he does like Muse, but he's a super casual fan... He knows the songs that he likes, and that's pretty much it.

Well I was wearing my OoS shirt the other day and I jokingly asked "Hey dad, do you recognize my shirt?" just to see what he'd say. He glanced at it, didn't even look at the bottom of the shirt to cheat, and goes "Origins of Symmetry" :eek: Despite the fact that he made "origin" plural (:LOL:) I couldn't believe he not only knew the name of the album, but could recognize the artwork! :LOL:

my brother introduced me to Muse. I wouldn't say he's a Muser because he kind of moved on. He's got all the albums, and saw them with me, but now he likes Tegan&Sara :rolleyes:

my other brother likes Muse but couldn't afford to come with us to the concert. he listens to Muse non-stop, but i don't see him much.

my other brother is a lost cause. metalhead. (yes, i have 3 older brothers!)

my mom is appreciative. she supports it, buys me Muse shirts when she sees them... occasionally she'll listen to Starlight or Uprising if it's on the radio or if i burn her a CD but she never listens to the 'real' stuff.my dad thinks Muse sounds like a dying cat and refuses to listen to any at all. :LOL: my dad makes fun of how ugly matt is too lol

My dad jokes around with me about my thing with Muse (he really likes the Uprising riff)

I am trying to get my mom to buy me a new copy of BHAR (it got scratched on the way back home); SMBH won't play. She supports my love of Muse. She likes the albums okay, but she has this thing against Absolution...:rolleyes:

My family are Muse lovers :awesome:

My mum, dad and brother saw them at Wembley with me :happy: they loved it :awesome: my nan is starting to like them and my grandad likes a few songs: Uprising, Starlight, Map Of The Problematique (that's his favourite :happy:), Neutron Star Collision and Feeling Good :happy:

My dad makes comments about Matt though :chuckle: comments like:

"he fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down"

"he's a weird looking bloke"

"he has a small mouth"

"he has a weird nose"

"ooh dear, that's not a good look" < he was talking about Matt in the Bliss video :rolleyes:

I've converted 75% of my friends into Musers too :D:happy:

That's funny!:chuckle: My mother says stuff like that about Matt too!:rolleyes:

My family doesn't like them! My brother makes fun of them and calls them "mouse" instead of Muse and my parents just say "Muse again?" when I mention them!

Hell no, they're not. My dad hates them,thinks Muse is autotune ,but says "They have a decent lead singer". My mom is whatever,she listened to the HAARP CD in the car, she said she couldn't hear the lyrics (What?) so she doesn't like them. My friends like shit pop music except for Clare, who got me into liking Foster the People,and I'm an only child. You guys are the only ones who understand. :supersad:

My dad said they were ok until he heard Micro Cuts and he hasn't stopped taking the piss ever since.

Was quite funny when Hysteria came on the radio and he didn't know and went, "Wow, who was that?"

Me: "Muse" :LOL:

As for the rest, my mum likes a few songs, my sister has no interest and mere weeks after Muse played Origin for the last time at Reading and Leeds my brother has grown to love the album is deeply regretting that he didn't go with me :p

But i'm proud he's liking old school Muse because of me :3

My dad played Starlight at the radio station where he works but he didn't know the band's name.Then I played Bliss and he said it's a cool songs and he even dowloaded it:D

My mum heard Fury and some other songs and just said "How can you stand at that "noise"??"But now she thinks Matt has a great voice and she likes a couple of songs.

My sis hates them(just 'cause I like them!Actually she likes them a lot:phu: )

And everyone thinks all of their songs sounds the same:rolleyes:

I will post what I said on Youtube. This is about Exo Part 1, mind you.

I tried to get my dad to convert with this, but he didn't even finish Overture,didn't even get to the guitar part, and he said it was synthesized!!!!! ARRRGH! Then I realized...my father is a Muse hater. :o All respect for him..out the nearest window

Yep. He's a goner.

My mum thinks they're quite good. She lets me listen to them in the car and stuff but she's not crazy about them. My dad said he liked them when I first 'introduced' them to him, but after finding out how obsessed I am he just makes fun of them and says he hates them to piss me off. But I think he actually likes them, he's just too stubborn and wants to piss me off to admit it. My sister likes them but only because I do.

• 6 months later...

As I live with my parents, they have no other choice they had to used to Muse. Firstly they found it difficult, my mum said they were weird. My father didn't care as long as the music wasn't too loud. My brother used to making fun of them. Also they were all saying that "this is just another pointless obsession of yours, it will pass within a month". But as the time passed and it did not, thay started to like them. My brother is now a real fan (not a Muser yet, but he likes them very much so maybe one day...). My parents don't know what Matt is singing about and my mum still thinks he is ugly BUT they agree that Muse make great music and Matt's voice is just significant;)

Speaking of my friends - apart from those I'm studying with now (they usually don't have any idea "what" Muse is when I mention it, one of them actually asked me once "Muse? Is this a chinese thing?" ;O) - most of them like or at least tolerate Muse. One of them is actually a pwoper Muser. And three of my friends have been with me to the Muse gig in 2010 here in Poland so I think I am pretty lucky;) No one is as much obsessed (especially for such a long time) as I am, but still;)

Yes. I think they have got used to it and realise that I could have far worse obsessions. My sister is in love with Dominic so my muse rants don't bother her too much and all my family like their music so I can play it as much as I want :) my mum doesn't understand how I find Matthew beautiful so disapproves of my calendar but I tell her it's inner beauty ;)

It's my boyfriend that's the problem...

Oh and none of my friends or anyone I know are musers. A couple of boys really like them but I piss everyone off with my obsession

Yes. I think they have got used to it and realise that I could have far worse obsessions. My sister is in love with Dominic so my muse rants don't bother her too much and all my family like their music so I can play it as much as I want :) my mum doesn't understand how I find Matthew beautiful so disapproves of my calendar but I tell her it's inner beauty ;)

It's my boyfriend that's the problem...

Oh and none of my friends or anyone I know are musers. A couple of boys really like them but I piss everyone off with my obsession

You better tell her to keep his hands off him. :fear::p Naw, sharing is caring. :LOL:

You better tell her to keep his hands off him. :fear::p Naw, sharing is caring. :LOL:

Niiicee :LOL:

Um...I don't think my parents have heard muse. Well, obviously they have, but they've probably just tuned it out. And they don't come on the radio often so all my mum's heard is Uprising and UD, which she didn't comment on. I dunno about my dad, but he's more of a Metallica guy so it could go either way. My older brother likes a few songs, his fav is PiB. My older sister hates them just because I like them and calls them auto-tune, meaningless, stupid band. I've asked her why she thought Muse were pointless and she couldn't come up with an answer cos she hasn't actually listened to any songs. :rolleyes: Then I ask her about what she's listening to and she's like 'THIS IS ABOUT THE RESISTANCE, OKAY? IT ISN'T SOME STUPID MUSE CRAP!' And I just laughed so hard :LOL: She just refuses to listen to them cos I think she's scared she might actually like them, I've caught her listening to CE before, I'll get her one day :shifty: My little sister's (5 yrs old) in love with Matt and says she wants to marry him, and she demands for Bliss but not much else. My little brother's 3 and likes jumping around to KoC. My littlest sister (2 yrs old) likes the mellow/slow songs and will try to sing and move along with the beat (Map of Your Had, Unintended, SfA etc.) I hope that I'll be able to have someone to go with to a concert next tour :supersad:

My mum only likes Starlight and my uncle likes them (although I'm not sure to what extent, he took me to see them at LCCC and Leeds Fest '11 though and enjoyed those). My granny, however, loves them. She asked me to put their entire discography (of the ones I own) onto her iPod. I left out Crying Shame and Execution Commentary though, I know she'd really dislike the swearing in the former and the...everything in the latter. If her old bones could stand it, she'd want me to take her to a gig, but alas, she can't :(

Most of my friends only know the odd few songs and mock me for liking them so much (considering they're Coldplay fans, they can't say much). I had a girlfriend who's really into them though, almost as much as me, in fact. She used to say I looked and sounded like Matt, I disagree although we do have very similar laughs.

I wouldn't worry about it she is 12 years old ;)

But she does get annoyed when I talk about him or say he's cute and she's like 'that's not fair Dom is mine, you love Matt more remember?' I'm like they are human beings not cuddly toys :rolleyes:

My family has different opinions on them. My mom saw Muse with me and she said she loves them, yet she only listens to Undisclosed Desires. My dad could care less. Back when I lived at home and would drive my siblings everywhere, they said they liked it whenever I put a Muse CD on. My second oldest sister likes OOS and Bliss is her favorite song on that album. My other sister likes them but never elaborates on what she likes. My brothers call USOE 'the piano song' :chuckle:

Archived