Are your family appreciative of Muse?

Do your family like the band? Hate them? Have they learnt to tolerate them? (:LOL:)

My dad says he "likes" them, but couldn't listen to them for a long time because they start to sound too similar.

My mum likes them, and she sat through HAARP and was enjoying it. :chuckle: So proud

My sister though, despises them. She came home the other day to me playing the HAARP DVD, and proceeded to sit as far away from the TV as possible, with ears blocked, complaining about how they were so 'emo' and that it was giving her a headache. She doesn't know real music though. :)

My other sister likes some of their songs. The mainstream songs :/. She loves Uprising and SMBH.

How about you? Couldn't find another thread on this, but delete if there is one.

My mum loves them as well, she's crazy about SMBH and KOC. :D However, she doesn't like them as much as I do which I don't really mind, to be honest. It would be so awkward being at a concert with her singing and jumping along to the music. :stunned:

My brother once asked when UD was on the radio if the singer's sick or something. I just went :facepalm::noey: and didn't pay much attention to him. I'm still trying to convert him into a Muser though.

my family likes then... i started to hear Muse because of my brother, i remeber beeing much younger and he was listning to Oos, so it's cool he goes to concerts with me :D

my parents like them too, but not as much as we do, but when i bought my ticket to wembley and told them, next day my dad comes to me and says, we are going to... i was like :stunned:

so yeh.. all family going to wembley this year :LOL:

My mom made me love Muse, she's the one that made me listen to the whole album and start loving them. She dances whenever I play Supermassive Black Hole and she bobs her head whenever I play feeling good, hysteria and stockholm sydrome :LOL: She forced me to stop listening to Greenday and listen to more Muse.

After that I went crazy about Muse and got obsessed to Matt. My sis saw me looking around PMT once and asked me for who he is and I told her that he's the lead singer of the band Muse without telling his name though and that I find him hot. She gave me a :wtf: look as if she's asking herself for what is so hot about him. She doesn't kinda like Muse, I don't know, I haven't asked her opinions about them because she's mostly into classical music but she plays along with me some time :D She even asked me the link to takeabow19's youtube profile so she could watch the funny videos :)

Whenever she caught me looking around PMT again she kept on saying "Obsessed! OBSESSED! :LOL: ". Haha, I really love my mom, she's making me love godly bands like Muse :LOL:

Mum thinks they're too much noise, she did love blackout though :D

I've finally got dad liking, actually kinda loving muse. He's listened to the cd I made for him quite many times now when I get home from school. Not so long ago he noticed "I wan't the twuuuuth" in unnatural selection, he thought it was quite funny :p Also he admitted being quite fascinated by Matt, I'm so proud :rolleyes:

I'm slowly converting my sister. After the Fairfax show on Monday she joined the board :chuckle::happy: Her favorite song is SMBH though, so she needs a bit more work. :LOL:

My mom likes them and I've caught her singing along with alot of the songs on The Resistance and BHaR.

My kids think I'm insane and they take every opportunity to roll thier eyes and say 'Muse again?' when I put in a Muse cd. But you know I catch both of them singing Muse songs to themselves all of the time and my oldest has SMBH as her ring tone :chuckle:

So, yeah, I think my family likes them! :D

My parents still look weird because of the fact that I'll drive to Nijmegen to see them, while I see them 12 days after that at Rock Werchter festival. They don't see the point of driving to Nijmegen. I tried to explain, but what do you do...

My father loves the Exogenesis symphony though. He asked me all sorts of questions about who wrote the music. And after him checking the album and read if it was really all written by Matt, he called him an amazing componist and probably one of the most talented musicians of these times. if someone who grew up with the beatles and rolling stones and... sais so, it should be a fact

first my mother didn't know about their esistence, after I lent her HAARP and now she loves 'em (she wants to go to the concerto of milan XD), my brother likes 'em, and my father is too stupid to try to listen a song

My mom definitely isn't; I doubt she's ever heard of them, and she certainly doesn't know I like them. :p

My brother tolerates them. He doesn't really mind me blasting their music or making a comment about them.

I've tried to get him to listen to Muse, but he just doesn't seem to like music in general. (Don't ask me how that's even possible :LOL:)

I discovered Absolution first, so quite a lot of the music was rocky and minor. My Dad thought it was a bit similar, but then when he heard Knights of Cydonia, he said 'jees, thats one hell of a rock band'.

The song indicated that Muse was something revolutioinary in my life was Butterflies and Hurricanes, which Dad thinks is over-pretentious and ridiculous.

He now likes Muse a lot (more than he chooses to admit) but he is not obsessive. He went to see them with me at the NIA, and said it was the best concert he'd been too (although he worries about my mental health and obsessiveness.

My mum isnt really into rock music, but she hums along in the car, and says 'I like a lot of it, just not the moaning ones'. Shes coming to Wembly with us because she wanted to see what its all about (more like she wants top see me break loose and look like a crazy twat)

My dad tends to listen to stuff written before 1975, but he likes "Life in Technicolor" by Coldplay, so I think there's hope for him. He likes dramatic stuff and symphonic rock, so I'll work on him. :LOL:

Mom...idk. Each Muse song she hears she goes, "ewww, that synth is so 80's". She's more of an Elton John, Beatles, Oasis freak.

My sister likes Rihanna and Britney Spears. :facepalm:

Ahaha my whole family LOVES Muse :LOL: Mom, Dad, and my 20 year old sister is almost as obsessed as I am (its nice to have an obsessive buddy). We decorated the christmas tree to 'The Resistance' and my entire family plus 4 of my friends went to the concert this week. I actually got to go to both the VA and Bmore concert this week so my dad was running around the next morning singing UD and saying, "I'm soo jealous!". And my mum thinks matt is cute, it's like a dream muse family! I'm lucky tho, It'd be awful to have to live with people who can't appreciate muse :$

Nah. My mum doesn't really care for anything that isn't Lady Gaga, and my stepdad thinks they are too "teeny rock" :indiff:. ..and he does things like turning the radio down when they are on it; not cuz he hates them but cuz he knows it will annoy the fuck out of me.

My brother likes them though.. :erm:

oh, and my cousin :happy: he is full of muse awesomeness.

I got my brother into Muse very quickly after I became a fan. And then my sister.

They both even flew out to Hungary with around 50 other Israeli Musers and met me and my friends there (we did a tour around Europe before) for a Muse gig back in 07! Heck, they even met Muse with me there lol

My mum used to claim Muse remind her of an 'enchanted forest' (:wtf:) which she didn't like but there are a few songs she's crazy about and she seems to be rather cool with the new album cos it gets loads of airplay on her favorite radio station.

My dad literally just started getting into them the other day after he watched my brother and I in the incredibly awesome Israeli Uprising video (

). He asked me to give him the new album after that and even mentioned he'd go see them here if they ever come (and my dad isn't the kind of person who actually goes to gigs!!). I could even say his ringtone is Muse but that's lying.. close enough though, Chopin - Nocturne. I got pretty damn excited when I first heard he had that a couple of months ago :LOL: sad.

I think so. I kind of forced Muse upon my parents after my brother got me into Muse before he moved out. My Dad really likes them now - he put all the albums in the car to drive me back to uni with, I come home 6 weeks later and they're still in the car :happy: My mum, after hearing them also thought they "were lovely" - and she meant it. Yet she's a fan of Rhydian and Susan Boyle, so I'm not really sure how to take that :erm:

My parents listen to old stuff and christian music, that's it. Nuff said.

They don't like any of my music.

Except for my little cousins, they used to listen to Hannah Montana but I got them to stop that. :yesey: They like some of the stuff I listen to, but not Muse. :noey: Now onto getting rid of the Jonas Brothers and Justine Bieber. ;)

My brother and sister love Muse! It's funny because they don't care for any other music I enjoy except Muse. My brother is going with me to the Oakland show. My sis wanted to go too, but it's a school night and my parents wouldn't let her. :( As for my parents, my dad hasn't heard much of them and whenever my mom is in my car and I'm playing a Muse CD, she says "what is this noise?!" :LOL:

Archived