Are your family appreciative of Muse?

Atm:

My dad has seen them live twice and thinks they're ok but they're a bit samey in structure.

My mum has only heard me singing them and some songs, and has often said "Your friend Mr. Bellamy" when feeding back stuff about Matt in the gossip columns :erm:

Neither of my two brothers are that bothered, although one likes Knights of Cydonia

My cousin likes the older stuff and can bear the new stuff

And I like it all :awesome:

My mum likes quite a few of their songs, esp. Feeling Good... there are some like KOC that she says she really can't listen to. My dad doesn't necessarily like all their music (although he likes it more than doesn't), but he's very appreciative of them. Everytime I listen to them, though, he says "ah, you're listening to your myooooose - ic!" :facepalm: seriously, every time.

My brother... really hates them. But then he listens to the sappiest Korean and Japanese love songs :noey:.

My parents love them (although of course not to my obsessive standard ;)) and have taken me/been to most of the gigs I have. My dad came with me to Teignmouth and met a load of boardies in the Irish pub :awesome: he loved Haze, thought he was hilarious :D

They weren't at first. Then I played Muse everywhere we went and they eventually gave in. ;) My mam has started to tell me the little pieces of gossip she reads about them, my younger brother has learnt to play lot's of their song on guitar and my dad did an embarrassing dance to KOC in the car the other day. My uncle thinks their a heavy metal band for some reason?

Nah, I don't have a cool family :( lol. Me and my sister couldn't be more different - she's a pop and r'n'b and GLEE-loving weirdo (:p) and I'm a Muse and rock/punk/metal-loving weirdo, haha. My parents only know of Muse from what they see me wearing (millions of Muse tees/hoodies etc), what I'm listening to loudly in my room (erm... Muse) and all the Musey posters etc and merch I have scattered around my room. They're not bothered at all, tbh! I'm sure they just think I'm in one of those post-teen phases of loving a 'boyband' or something :chuckle: It's safe to say I'll never be gigging with any of them at a Muse gig :LOL:. They'd def embarrass me :p:noey:

Lucky for most of you, I've gotta be a fan solo! Neither friends or family really like them... no one hates them, but none of my friends get what I love about them.

+1. No one really gets it among my friends/fam either, which is why I find it weird meeting other Musers and remembering that they Actually DO like the band and know their songs and stuff about them etc, instead of giving me blank looks, lol.

My sister loves Muse. Not as much as me, though. We went to see Muse together in Cincinnati. And she's super mellow so it was fun to see her jumping around and singing along. She knew of Muse before I did and was obsessed with SMBH at the time. Then I got into them about two years later. Now she's obsessed with Unintended :happy:

My mom doesn't like anything I listen to. Depressing sometimes. She knows I'm obsessed with Muse but never says anything. There's no way of converting her either :(

I'm pretty fortunate when it comes to my family and friends and their appreciation of Muse. :p

My dad really likes them a lot, and KoC is by far his favorite song. He loves reminding me constantly that it's their best song "by a landslide" and that none of their other songs could ever stack up to it. :LOL: KoC is probably in my top 10, so I don't totally disagree, but I just think it's funny that he loves it SO MUCH. :p He has other songs he likes too though... He has his own Mix CD with all of his favorites on it, and he listens to it almost daily when he drives to work :chuckle:

My mom tends to like their slower stuff (Sing for Absolution is one of her top faves) and over-all she seems to enjoy listening to them :p I haven't made a CD for her (she doesn't like them quite as much as my dad does) but she'll listen and even sometimes make requests if I'm listening in the car or something and she's with me :p

My brother doesn't like their music :noey: But he likes their lyrics (especially all the BH&R/TR political stuff :p) :LOL:

My four and a half year old niece really loves them :chuckle: Funnily enough, KoC is her favorite song too, so she always listens to it when she's riding with my dad (She calls it "No one's gonna take me alive"... for some reason she refuses to call it Knights of Cydonia, no matter how many times I remind her :LOL:) She also has her own little mix CD of about 10 or so songs that she likes :p Her mom plays it for her in the car.

And... most of my friends are Muse fans (although no one quite as much as me :LOL:)

None of my family really likes them... My aunt loves TIRO and my dad kind of likes starlight. My mom just likes twilight so she calls herself a muse fan... :noey:

One of my best friends at school though loves muse and it's always nice to go to school and talk about Muse with someone who actually appreciates them. Everyone else just looks at us like we're crazy. Oh and every time I listen to uprising my brother has to make fun of Matt's voice and mock me for listening to it. that bugs me. a lot.

My family are Muse lovers :awesome:

My mum, dad and brother saw them at Wembley with me :happy: they loved it :awesome: my nan is starting to like them and my grandad likes a few songs: Uprising, Starlight, Map Of The Problematique (that's his favourite :happy:), Neutron Star Collision and Feeling Good :happy:

My dad makes comments about Matt though :chuckle: comments like:

"he fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down"

"he's a weird looking bloke"

"he has a small mouth"

"he has a weird nose"

"ooh dear, that's not a good look" < he was talking about Matt in the Bliss video :rolleyes:

I've converted 75% of my friends into Musers too :D:happy:

Me and my three of my sisters fell in love with them as soon as we heard them. Then even more so when we saw HAARP! So far we've gone to as many concerts as we possibly can. And plan to attend many more!

On the othere hand my parents could careless and my othere three sisters just think we're crazy. They're like "why are u going to drive 8 hours to see a band, then drive back the next day to see the same band?"

I'm tell'em cause they're that freakin' awesome! :D

+1. No one really gets it among my friends/fam either, which is why I find it weird meeting other Musers and remembering that they Actually DO like the band and know their songs and stuff about them etc, instead of giving me blank looks, lol.

Same here , only one friend likes them :( , that's why I'm so happy to be a part of this forum and it's great to meet other Musers at gigs :) !!

My 15 year old brother caught me looking at pics of the guys on Tumblr and asked me what their names were, So I was like "that's Matt, he's the singer/guitarist/pianist/keytarist/crazy one, and that's Dom who is the drummer and the last guy is Chris who is the bassist" then my brother goes "So Matt does all that at the same time? That's cool" and I giggled and said "He's epically talented but I don't think he could do all those things at once" and his reply was "oh, *laughs* anyway I like their songs, they're really cool". I even caught him once listening to Plug In Baby on his iPod, mumbling what he thought were the words and bouncing on his bed :D. My mum thinks they sound like a "non-Irish" U2, whatever that means... But she's only heard BH&R and The Resistance

my brother introduced me to Muse. I wouldn't say he's a Muser because he kind of moved on. He's got all the albums, and saw them with me, but now he likes Tegan&Sara :rolleyes:

my other brother likes Muse but couldn't afford to come with us to the concert. he listens to Muse non-stop, but i don't see him much.

my other brother is a lost cause. metalhead. (yes, i have 3 older brothers!)

my mom is appreciative. she supports it, buys me Muse shirts when she sees them... occasionally she'll listen to Starlight or Uprising if it's on the radio or if i burn her a CD but she never listens to the 'real' stuff.

my dad thinks Muse sounds like a dying cat and refuses to listen to any at all. :LOL:

butbutbut~~~~THEY ARE ALL APPRECIATIVE OF MATT~~~~ :p

except my dad.

my dad thinks matt is ugly and makes jokes about him :facepalm::LOL:

Archived