Are your family appreciative of Muse?

My mom is gonna be in the GA Floor with me for the gig tomorrow. She's a big fan ;)

My sister is less enthusiastic about them, but really likes Undisclosed Desires, Plug in Baby, and Mk Ultra (It's just not "hardcore" enough I guess :phu:). My dad really likes them, ever since he heard Uprising, and saw me play the slap bass in UD. Oh and my Grandma likes them a lot too :awesome:

My mom is gonna be in the GA Floor with me for the gig tomorrow. She's a big fan ;)

My mom's not a fan but since I can't get to Detroit alone, she's being forced to be in GA with me :LOL:

And we WILL get barrier! :fear:

Well, I turned my sister into a fan and she likes them alot, but not to the same level as me :awesome:

My dad doesn't really like them, because he doesn't listen to that kind of music, though he likes Muscle Museum a bit, because I told him that Matt wrote that in Greece :D

My mum makes fun of me for liking them so much, but I think she secretly likes them, because she sings along to some of the songs and when I didn't know what to listen to the other day and asked her what would she like to hear she said: 'Why don't you listen to Muse? We both like them.' :happy:

She does make fun of Matt's inhaling during singing, though :indiff:

My brother knew about Muse before me but I didn't know that until I started liking Muse. He doesn't like them as much now but says its better than most of the stuff that I listen to.

My mom hasn't liked them since she heard USoE and says they sound too much like Queen :erm:

My dad doesn't like them either and calls their music "angry" but he said that Exogenisis sounds pretty so its not so bad.

Well my sister knew about Muse before me, but I'm more obsessive. She likes them, but not as much :LOL:. My brother is alright with them. He knows I love them, so he respects my love for Muse. My mom only likes Uprising..and my dad does a really bad imitation of Matt...:facepalm: Other than that, I guess its alright xD

Dad doesn't really care, but he doesn't hate them. He likes some of their songs: Uprising, Knights of Cydonia, etc...

Mom's okay with them, she likes some of the songs like my dad. Blackout, Endlessly, City of Delusion, etc etc.

My 9-year-old sister loves Muse :happy: She likes basically any Muse song I play. Her favorite is Bliss. She liked Miley Cyrus before (:vomit:) so yes, I'm doing a pretty good job of converting her music taste. :D

My mom was right on the barrier beside me one week ago!!! :dance: We tend to like different songs though, she likes all the slow songs and I like the harder ones.

My grandma loves them too. They both have crushes on Chris. In fact, my mom said she did nothing but stare at Chris's crotch at the gig, then I had to listen to her go on about it afterwards. :facepalm:

My dad tends to listen to stuff written before 1975, but he likes "Life in Technicolor" by Coldplay, so I think there's hope for him. He likes dramatic stuff and symphonic rock, so I'll work on him. :LOL:

Since writing the above, I sat down to watch A Seaside Rendezvous on Palladia, and my father happened to sit next to me. He was impressed with Uprising, and he really liked Hysteria, Supermassive Black Hole, and New Born. I might make a Muser of him yet. :yesey:

Well,my mum and dad say that they make a lot of noise for three people.In general,they are supportive.They said if Muse ever come to Bosnia that they will pay for the tickets :happy:(for both me and my sister).My dad is an old rocker,he listens to 70s rock and stuff,he went to a Queen concert when he was studying in Zagreb.

Guest Sarah-x

quote my dad "im actually starting to like them" this is a massive compliment from him trust me :D

my mum really likes them, appart from the bsides or earlier stuff "oh no cant do with that screachin, why cant he sing lovely all the time"

sis really likes them too, she liked them before me, but unlike me didnt get obssesed :p

I think my father is pretty apathetic towards them, but my mother likes some of their songs, but sadly I owe that to Adam Lambert. She Is a big American Idol fan and one day she called me down so I could see this "great original version" of Feeling Good that Lambert did one week on there. I hear the first 30 seconds, start laughing, and proceed to bring her upstairs to my computer and play the Muse version.

She was like :eek: and then :happy:

The first song my dad actually fully heard was Eurasia, and he said it was "Quite dark, and abrasive to the ears." :LOL: He doesn't even know. Just... yeah.

My mum knows Starlight and Uprising, but she came with me to the Boston show last weekend and had an awesome time. I caught her singing along to Plug in Baby the other night, so... :awesome: she's on her way.

My sister hates them and my brother is moderately into them. If I have them on he'll stay in the room.

Kind of. My brother can't stand them, my Mom thinks Matt is sexy, and my dad likes the stuff on the resistance

:LOL::yesey:

my mom always comes up to my computer and compliments matt's bone structure and eyes when my desktop of muse is visible.

My mum doesnt like them my dad heard uprising and he said he liked it and i asked him a week later if he wanted some muse songs and he was like eww no thanks i hate them :facepalm: i was like dad you said you liked uprising he was like yeah so what :eek:

My brother on the other hand loves them :D he goes to every muse concert with me he took me to see them for the first time in 2006 :D

My nephew likes them he went with us to his first muse concert last year :D the rest of my family bar one of my cousins (who was pissed off at missing out on seeing them) i dont think has ever listen to them :stunned:

Well I took my sister to Big Day Out this year and in the car ride home she was like "That was the second best band I have ever seen live!'

At first she only really knew Supermassive Black Hole because she's a Twilight fan (which I find really sad because she's 26 and you'd think that I'm meant to be the teenie one :facepalm:)

My mum likes Exogenesis and United States Of Eurasia but she's not too fond of any other Muse song and my brother can't stand Muse at all. I was watching HAARP and he started mocking Matt's singing. :LOL:

Archived