Are your family appreciative of Muse?

Well I took my sister to Big Day Out this year and in the car ride home she was like "That was the second best band I have ever seen live!'

At first she only really knew Supermassive Black Hole because she's a Twilight fan (which I find really sad because she's 26 and you'd think that I'm meant to be the teenie one :facepalm:)

My mum likes Exogenesis and United States Of Eurasia but she's not too fond of any other Muse song and my brother can't stand Muse at all. I was watching HAARP and he started mocking Matt's singing. :LOL:

my brother can't stand Matt's singing much either,he says the instrumental is good but the singing....my brother is more of a disturbed-metallica guy...

i don't even have to mention that my sister is a fan....she is as big fan as i am :)

• 10 months later...

After my mom decided last minute to buy a ticket and go to a Muse concert with me, she's started to like them a bit. Granted the songs are only from The Resistance, but I'm slowly trying to get her to listen to more of their songs, starting with BHAR. Not sure how she'll react to OOS but I'll cross that bridge when I get there!

Besides that, the rest of my family is ok with them. My siblings only like Plug in Baby and Uprising (b/c of Guitar Hero) but it's a start!

This thread makes me happy :)

Conversation between me and my brother:

– What song is that? It sounds like Garbage*.

– It's <song title>**, Muse.

– That's funny, because "garbage" is what Muse should be called.

:eek::eek::mad:

Which is kind of funny, since this brother is whom introduced me to Muse by playing Unintended.

* The band.

** I don't remember which song it was.

My dad sort of liked Starlight, and was impressed by the lyrics in Supermassive Black Hole, although he thought it was "Superness". Otherwise he don't like them, but then again he doesn't listen to anything except The Beatles and Elton John.

Overall... I am the only one in my family who likes loves them. Heh. :)

Edit: I want to play the piano parts to my grandmothers because they like that kind of thing... ;D

Oh, and yeah, when I went to a concert my mum said that she had "checked out Muse" so she could hear what the music was like. I asked her what she listened to, and she didn't know. :rolleyes:

Well, nobody in my family likes them as much as I do :rolleyes: (sorry, I meant loves them ;) ). I even bought nice set of headphones to have better sound quality :D whenever I watch HAARP dvd - wow, they're simply G8 :LOL:

The only person who likes Muse songs in my house is my mum, esp. the Unintended song, SMBH, TRO, SFA and Starlight.

Still, I'm the only person in my household, who can stand MUSE 24/7 12 months/ year :happy::musesign:

My mum once said; "Muse? Once you've heard Starlight, you've practically heard all their songs" :facepalm: I didn't know if I should laugh or cry but I asked her which other songs she's heard and she went totally quiet. Turns out Starlight is the only song she knows :noey:

Well atleast my brother loves Muse and my sister likes the most popular songs like: SMBH, TIRO, Uprising, UD and some others aswell like B&H and Unintended.

My sister think I'm a nutter. She likes Muse too but nowhere near as much as me and she thinks I'm obsessed :D

My brother came with me to Wembley 2 and he likes their music but I wouldn't call him a fan. He said the show was amazing though.

My two little boys, aged 6 and 8, love Muse too and can't wait to be old enough to go to a gig.

My mum came with me to Goffertpark. She likes them a lot. She keeps a copy of BHaR in her car (the original is mine!) and apart from BHaR she likes most on Origin and The Resistance, and really likes Uprising, Plug In Baby, Citizen Erased, Feeling Good, SMBH, Soldiers Poem and USoE The most!

My Dad thinks they're good, and likes to pretend he's matt bellamy and play some air guitar

My sister hates them on the other hand. She thinks they aren't that good at all, and thinks Matt is quite whiny!

My aunt and uncle think they are awesome. My Aunt really likes B&H.

My grandparents are cool with muse too! My granddad even downloaded the whole Muse discography for me on his computer by torrent! He even burned a copy of HAARP he listens to occasionally!

My neighbour is kinda like family, and he likes them, if he wasn't having exams he would've come in June

:D

I remember how my dad sat next to me when I was watching Hulaballoo for the first time, up to then I just knew BH&R, and Micro Cuts was playing... he asked me: "Do you really like this?" And I was just like "I don't know it's the first time I watch this" :LOL: I thought that the music was really weird and well.... then it fell in love :D.

My father liked them before I knew how great they are XD. Know my parents both appreciate them and have watched all live DVDs several times and listened to all their studio albums ;).

EDIT: My parents like Blackout the most. They're seperated and of course spent a lot of time on arguing, but we love to come together, sitting in front of the TV and watch live concerts. It's like the world standing still.

My family like them (mostly!) :D

My sister is almost as obsessed as me, and my dad likes a lot of their stuff - he drove me half way across the country to see them (and drove back at 2am) and he said that he really enjoyed the gig.

I'm not entirely sure how my mum feels about them - she said that Dead Star was the best rock song she's heard in the last 10 years, but when she heard Micro Cuts she turned it off and said it was "absolutely chronic." :eek::(:LOL:

Sister likes TIRO and, believe it or not, Micro Cuts. She can listen to a few of the other songs sometimes.

Mum can enjoy the pop songs without guitar(Endlessly, UD for example)

Dad really likes Matt's voice, and loves Uprising. Heard him listen through all of The Resistance a while ago.

He usually calls them "shit except that one song" when we talk about them though :LOL:

My mum is as obsessed with their music as I am. Before I took her to see them in Sweden last year she only fancied a few songs, such as New Born, Unintended, Bliss, Falling Away With You and a few others. But afterwards she was hooked. It's really great having a family member of yours enjoying the same kind of music as you do, because then you have someone to share your thoughts with and so on. And if I hadn't dragged my mom to that concert we wouldn't have seen them at Wembley, so thank god for that!

As for my brother and my step father.. well, they're kind of sick of the whole 'muse-mania' going on at our house 24/7. And I don't blame them. I'm sure my step father likes a few songs, he just enjoys taking the piss so much he hasn't admitted it yet (:shifty:)

Archived