Funniest/weirdest things you've heard in the crowd at a MUSE gig

Branny

Someone pissed on my sister and I at Wembley 2007. Not so much saying anything, but memorable nonetheless.

At Stockholm, Hovet 09:

Muse are playing Unintended. They finish and it goes quiet for a moment.

My friend: What was that song?!

Me: Um, shush...

A group of people turn and glare. Yup.

Fairly certain I didn't hear this firsthand on the day, but it always makes me chuckle during the intro of Take a Bow on HAARP. The song starts, crowd cheers, cheers die down and a few seconds later there's an incredibly enthusiastic 'OH MY GOD!!!!':LOL:

As much as I love TAB, I'm not certain that particular point in the song entirely deserved that reaction.

Think I put this in the Wembley thread a while back, but there's been a fair few dodgy looking gentleman in Muse crowds pratically insisting I sit on their shoulders to get a better view...damn shortness:mad:

The intro to their set when they opened for U2 they play that symphonic instrumental Dance of The Knights, it began to play and I heard from someone a few rows behind me yell "I FEEL LIKE I'M IN HAARP!"

It made my night. :p

Fairly certain I didn't hear this firsthand on the day, but it always makes me chuckle during the intro of Take a Bow on HAARP. The song starts, crowd cheers, cheers die down and a few seconds later there's an incredibly enthusiastic 'OH MY GOD!!!!':LOL:

OMG I love that! I showed it to my mum and we both pissed ourselves laughing! :LOL:

My friend said someone behind her at Teignmouth shouted "Matt, you're a fucking god!!" really loud and everyone looked round and laughed. :LOL:

Also the two people infront of me that same gig shouted "It's Tey-gun mouth!!" whenever the support acts said something like "How's it going Teignmouth?!" :chuckle:

It was hilarious! I joined in a few times, they were really nice to talk to aswell. :happy:

Towards the end of the night at one of the Manchester gigs in November 2006 (I forgot which one) in the pit where everyone was going crazy I seen some girl who was barefoot!!!!

How she managed to be in there and not get every bone in her foot broken is beyond me!

Standing at the barrier in Vegas waiting for Muse to come on, some guy next to me pulls out a setlist that he wrote down from a previous gig (at least a month or two prior), and proceeds to ask me if I think tonight's setlist will be similar. He makes a point to tell me that TIRO stands for Time Is Running Out. :facepalm: Really?

These are great guys !

Also, during USOE?? The woman beside my screamed "they stole my shirt !"

I guess somebody came through the aisle and took it. And? She proceeded to look for it during one of the best songs of the gig and asking everyone around her if "anybody had seen her shirt.".:LOL::LOL:

I love the "Oh My God" shout during the H.A.A.R.P. DVD. Classic!

What does Dom say right before they go into SMBH? Something like R&B?

Yeah he says 'this next song is for anyone who likes a bit of R'n'B' ... like two people cheered and everyone else was silent :LOL:.

Totally forgot about the 'OH MY GOD' during TAB hahaha! I love that!

I think I heard some guy shout 'I love you Matt!' at Teignmouth, too... I love fanboy moments... they're sooooo much worse than fangirlism :p.

PS - your sig is ace!

Think I put this in the Wembley thread a while back, but there's been a fair few dodgy looking gentleman in Muse crowds pratically insisting I sit on their shoulders to get a better view...damn shortness:mad:

Ha ha yes! My sister and I got that loads too, which I just thought was quite nice of them. We got on the back on these massive men with no shirts on but we got told off. This started my trend of getting onto some poor man's back at every Muse gig. Seven backs so far and going strong!

I actually remember at Teignmouth I took my friend to her very first gig and all that she kept saying throughout the whole gig was

"Oh my God, my stomach is so hard. TOUCH IT! Muse are so good my stomach is hard!":LOL:

Would have loved to have heard that on the live recording.

("Oh my God!" has to be the best call though!)

Weirdest - some girl behind me in Liverpool shouting "WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT." During New Born. :stunned:

Funniest - some guy somewhere at Reading 06 saying "Good to squeeze, init!" I don't know the context, I don't think I want to know the context, all I know is that I couldn't stop laughing :LOL:

Yeah he says 'this next song is for anyone who likes a bit of R'n'B' ... like two people cheered and everyone else was silent :LOL:.

Totally forgot about the 'OH MY GOD' during TAB hahaha! I love that!

I think I heard some guy shout 'I love you Matt!' at Teignmouth, too... I love fanboy moments... they're sooooo much worse than fangirlism :p.

PS - your sig is ace!

thanks. i took the pictures at the show in atlanta.

Archived