Funniest/weirdest things you've heard in the crowd at a MUSE gig

Branny

I remember last November some girls shouting 'Play dead star! Pleeease play dead star!' and then a guy a few rows back shouted 'THEY'LL PLAY WHAT THEY BLOODY WELL WANT TO!'

Don't know why, but it just made me giggle :LOL:

Oh yes, Olly, definitely one of the funniest I've seen/heard!:LOL::LOL:

Did you hear Kieran's pleading towards the end "please, please don't play Feeling Good, don't play Feeling Good!"

:LOL:

Shame it has been taken down from youtube but at the beginning of my UD video from Teignmouth you can hear Kirsten shouting "It's from Toys R Us" about the keytar :chuckle:

Did you hear Kieran's pleading towards the end "please, please don't play Feeling Good, don't play Feeling Good!"

Shame it has been taken down from youtube but at the beginning of my UD video from Teignmouth you can hear Kirsten shouting "It's from Toys R Us" about the keytar :chuckle:

Yeah, heard Kieran too!:LOL:

Oh You Tube have screwed you too in the past then?:rolleyes: Good one from Kirsten though!:happy:

Well not as fun as some of yours but we did laugh a lot. At the gig they gave in Madrid in 2006 during the encore before they came back on stage, there was this French girl next to a friend of mine screaming like a lunatic "mattiuu, mattiuuuu, MATTIUUUUU" she was like that for a while until my friend couldn't bear any more and turned to her saying “are you blind?, mattiu is not on stage so... HE CAN'T HEAR YOU!"

:LOL: ahah I guess saying/shouting "ahh megaphone" at a muse gig is normal then :chuckle:

Seems like it!

I still don't get this hate for Feeling Good. :wtf:

It's bland, repetitive and when they only do 2 piano songs it's a waste when they have far superior songs which are their own and not cover that they could play instead (i.e. SD, RBS, AP, Hoodoo, Screenager, etc...)

That's my personal opinion.

I heard a "Go on Matt!" during the HAARP DVD version of Butterflies & Hurricanes.

At my gig my Dad commented on all the 'girly' songs in the mid-set after Unintended. For some reason this includes United States of Eurasia.

There was also lots of hysterical cheering when we saw the Glitterati being tucked under the curtain by a roadie. The biggest cheer during The Big PInk probably came when they announced "This is our last song."

Today...

on the bus home...

Guy (to his friends..): WHAT'S MOTP...?!

Me: ...*facepalm*

Friends: what!? Emmohteepee?

Me:... Map of the Problematique?

Guy: Oh... that was a good song.

Me: yeah, acronyms aren't your friend eh?

Guy: Huh!?

Me: ... I give up.

Today...

on the bus home...

Well not everyone is gonna know that :erm:

I saw Muse last night in Toronto, and on the train home there were these people sitting behind us talking about the concert, obviously drunk, and not familiar with the band or the songs. I overheard the following...

"Ya man that lead guy with the sparkle pants played that riff like a fucking TANK!"

"Why was the drumset spinning?"

"Map of the problem was such a great song!"

"Could the pants of those two guys be any tighter?"

They said other stuff but I wasn't really paying attention. I couldn't resist laughing :p

Last night in Boston, someone next to or behind me in GA was yelling "Freebird!!" whenever it got quiet. Then when it was almost silent I yelled "CHRIS IS GOD!!!!" I wonder if anyone actually heard me. Chris looked down at me with a strange look at the same moment so I wonder if he heard me :LOL:

Oh man, someone yelled "Freebird" during the Balto show too. Only once though. It was funny once, would have been really annoying multiple times.

In Philly, where I had rafter seats, I yelled, "Yeah ENNIO MORRICONE!" really loud when they went into Man w/ a Harmonica at the beginning of KoC. I got some really weird looks. I'm sorry but I really love Ennion Morricone, and obviously Muse, so put them together and I couldn't control myself. :LOL: My sister was definitely embarrassed, but I think I embarrassed her the whole night.:p

Today...

on the bus home...

I can relate to the guy, actually. Believe me, it's not like I don't know the songs ... but sometimes I have to think about the acronyms. I mean, in my head I always just think of songs by their full names. I have to think twice when you just refer to them by initials, sometimes. It's funny because I can remember every Mercedes model number ever ... guess I'm better w. numbers than letters.

I still don't get this hate for Feeling Good. :wtf:

I don't hate it, in fact, I do love it, and my opinion is the same as L :yesey:

Also, instead of playing jazzy-piano Cave in my gig, they played Feeling Good instead. I was so pissed off because it was a dream to see Cave live :facepalm:

I saw Muse last night in Toronto, and on the train home there were these people sitting behind us talking about the concert, obviously drunk, and not familiar with the band or the songs. I overheard the following...

"Map of the problem was such a great song!"

I have absolutely no problem with people who don't know the acronyms (because I have trouble sometimes too), but THIS, for whatever bizarre reason irks me to no end...

Oh man, someone yelled "Freebird" during the Balto show too. Only once though. It was funny once, would have been really annoying multiple times.

Thankfully, it was only during Silversun Pickups, and he was cool, so I didn't mind much...

And on the topic of MoTP, I had a video where the camera picked up some people screaming their hearts out with these lyrics (thankfully, my mom got a good video from farther away) :

I want to touch the other's side! And no woooooooorrrld... since they are to blame....

I can't get it riggggggggght.... get it riggggggght, since I'm.... I'm... *mumbles*

:chuckle:

Archived