Funniest/weirdest things you've heard in the crowd at a MUSE gig

Branny

You mean when he laughed (cackled?) at that crowd-surf fail? I've watched that on YouTube about 50 times; it's like the funniest thing I've ever seen. I posted it on FB and none of my friends seem to appreciate how hilarious it is. It makes me giggle uncontrollably, especially when he's like "get him back up!" right in the middle of his falsetto bit.

As far as lyrics go, I probably embarrassed myself a few times ... not because I don't know them, but because I occasionally just forget where I am in the song, or get so caught up in the music that my singing turns to random mumbles and/or screams.:p I'm a terrible crowd-singer ... actually a pretty good singer in normal settings, but I get WAY too fired up and things just go awry. Oh, and I said "trials and tribulations" during one of the Starlight choruses and got a lot of WTF looks.:(

I was about to sing trials and tribulations and then halfway through I heard Matt singing the regular ones and then I just got confused and stopped singing. :LOL:

My brother and I were 3 rows from the back, seating at the O2. His favourite Muse song EVER is MoTP. As they played the intro to it, he asked me what song it was. I actually :facepalm: and have never let him live it down. He claims he was too wrapped up in first-Muse-gig-euphoria that he couldn't think straight.

:LOL: My sister may confuse songs, but at least she knows the songs that are her favorites.

I would have just gone with it. "Yeah, we've been together for about a year ... he's on the road a lot but calls me 20 times a day. I'm pretty much the light of his life."

:LOL:

I heard "Those are timpanis!" at the start of Exogenesis.

I know this doesn't take place at a concert, but it's Muse-related and I think it's funny..

So I just got back into talking to one of my friends, who is more of an aquaintance that I've kind of lost touch with in the last few years, and she sees my picture of me and Matt Bellamy and then askes me..

Her: "So I see you've aquired a boyfriend since we last spoke eh?"

Me: "lol"

Her: "What's so funny about that?"

Me: "What you just said"

Her: "Why?"

Me: "You seriously think he's my boyfriend?"

Her: "Ya?? Aren't you a couple?? I mean, you look like a couple"

Me: *Sends her a youtube video of Matt at Wembley Stadium"

Her: "Oh..."

By the way she hardly ever listens to music...good music that is...and doesn't know who Muse are...clearly :LOL:

I would have just gone with it. "Yeah, we've been together for about a year ... he's on the road a lot but calls me 20 times a day. I'm pretty much the light of his life."

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I was standing before matthew at the gig in Rotterdam last year. And I yelled: MATTHEW YOUR MY GOD!

And my friend was laughing really hard and she sais: Let's say that together when it's quiet. So between two songs she began to scream out of nowhere: MATTHEW I LOVE YOU, YOUR MY .... And she looked at me and asked: Why didn't you scream with me...now I've made a dick of myself. And I was like :awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/user/arex82?feature=mhw4#p/u/1/jCk-GMupePk

i took this video on 3/5 in New York

Fast forward to hear the creeper at about 1:07 hahaha

Jesus!! Your camera is amazing!!! I love how close it zooms in! That guy at 1:07...why the hell is he talking about Taylor Hicks?? And that guy singing at 3:42 is hilarious!! It sounds like he's shouting the lyrics rather than singing them lol :LOL:

I heard a couple different variations of that. I think about 75 percent of the time someone references a keytar, it's described as a "fucking keytar." I personally feel "fucking keytar" is the proper name, and should be used on all references.

+1 :yesey:

The only weird thing I can think of happened after the Berlin gig last October... I was walking to the tram station and overheard a girl on her cellphone next to me: "Yes, I'm going home from the gig now... What band? The Muse!" I was like ":facepalm: :LOL:" It's weird how so many people (*cough* dumbasses) think that's the band's name :D

Last night in Montréal, when United States of Eurasia 'exploded', the guy next to me said "What. The. Fuck!" real loud. :LOL:

That reminds me that in the last concert I was, in USOE during the "-SIIIAAA!" part, when everyone is with their arms in the air and shouting like possessed people; one girl said: "Fuck, this seems like a sect" :LOL:

I know this doesn't take place at a concert, but it's Muse-related and I think it's funny..

So I just got back into talking to one of my friends, who is more of an aquaintance that I've kind of lost touch with in the last few years, and she sees my picture of me and Matt Bellamy and then askes me..

Her: "So I see you've aquired a boyfriend since we last spoke eh?"

Me: "lol"

Her: "What's so funny about that?"

Me: "What you just said"

Her: "Why?"

Me: "You seriously think he's my boyfriend?"

Her: "Ya?? Aren't you a couple?? I mean, you look like a couple"

Me: *Sends her a youtube video of Matt at Wembley Stadium"

Her: "Oh..."

By the way she hardly ever listens to music...good music that is...and doesn't know who Muse are...clearly :LOL:

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Also, I don't know how I've just remembered it but I seem to remember at the show I went too a lot of cheers for this guy in a skin-tight pink leotard. And reading back I think I sang 'trials and tribulations' during Starlight at one point... it works better in my mind anyway.

That reminds me that in the last concert I was, in USOE during the "-SIIIAAA!" part, when everyone is with their arms in the air and shouting like possessed people; one girl said: "Fuck, this seems like a sect" :LOL:

Punching in the air during the "SIIIA"-bit is fucking epic. I'd like to see how that looks like from the stage. :LOL:

:LOL: Everytime we have to do the "SIAA"'s, I laugh so much, we surely look super weird and possessed. Yeah, sect.

At the Big Day Out (2nd Sydney show) there was a girl next to me who yelled stuff like:

"DOM, I WANT YOUR BABIES!" and "I F**KING LOVE YOU DOM!"

I mean, sure I yelled it out, once, but not repetitively, it made me giggle everytime she did.

I didn't really hear anything at the Detroit gig, since the seats in my section were fairly quiet. I did sing the alternate Starlight lyrics, and when Exogenesis started for the encore, I screamed "PLAY THE WHOLE THING!!!" I'm pretty sure some guy a couple of rows down turned around and laughed. Also, when Chris busted out Man with a Harmonica, I was really tempted to scream "OH MY GOD! THEY'RE PLAYING COCK!!!"

I didn't really hear anything at the Detroit gig, since the seats in my section were fairly quiet. I did sing the alternate Starlight lyrics, and when Exogenesis started for the encore, I screamed "PLAY THE WHOLE THING!!!" I'm pretty sure some guy a couple of rows down turned around and laughed. Also, when Chris busted out Man with a Harmonica, I was really tempted to scream "OH MY GOD! THEY'RE PLAYING COCK!!!"

Detroit as in 3/13/2010? I was in 214 row 17, and at some point (I forget when) when it got dead quiet for a moment, I yelled out "I WANT YOU MATT!!" And he looked up at me! I'd like to say he smiled, but I was way too far away to claim that lol.

Detroit as in 3/13/2010? I was in 214 row 17, and at some point (I forget when) when it got dead quiet for a moment, I yelled out "I WANT YOU MATT!!" And he looked up at me! I'd like to say he smiled, but I was way too far away to claim that lol.

Ah, I was in Sec. 118 Row C. How close did the eyeball balloons get to you?

Archived