How loud is a Muse gig?

sangforabsolution

They're loud enough so you can sing along really loud without being able to hear yourself, and certainly you can't hear anyone else. It's ace!:D

Well in Madrid at least this year happened the opposite, quite oftently I didn't hear Matt (or anything) because of the people. Maybe it was the people were really loud and not a low volume gig, because I didn't hear myself either, see during the chorus (I was in that zone too), the vid captures very well how it sounded there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azCtDxZUkUQ

Well in Madrid at least this year happened the opposite, quite oftently I didn't hear Matt (or anything) because of the people. Maybe it was the people were really loud and not a low volume gig, because I didn't hear myself either, see during the chorus (I was in that zone too), the vid captures very well how it sounded there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azCtDxZUkUQ

Jesus, you Spanish folk were loud!

Oh...they aren't that loud. I just went a little deaf after their last concert but it's okay.

I'll just tell now...you don't want be using earplugs when Muse is on....they are too awesome to hear with a muffled sound.

This time I'll be a little further away from the speakers so I'm sure I won't end up with ears ringing like I did in Seattle.

enjoy the concert :-)

• 2 years later...

I've seen them live 4 times and they're loud but everything sounds very clear. I usually use earplugs at concerts but with MUSE, even if I use with them too, just for my own safety, they're not as necessary as with let's say, Metallica or Iron Maiden.

Can't wait to see them again in october in Madrid!

They're loud enough so you can sing along really loud without being able to hear yourself, and certainly you can't hear anyone else. It's ace!:D

:LOL: At the Atlanta gig the guy behind me kept singing very loudly. He was louder than Matt! And really, really out of tune. :rolleyes:

Anyone have a good recommendation for some earplugs? I have really sensitive ears and will get ringing in my ears for a good 3-4 days after concerts so I need to pick some up for Muse.

I've also heard others recommend the Alpine ear plugs. You get three levels of protection, so you can tailor it to your needs. I got the Party Plugs by the same maker (I think.) It's like the middle level of the Alpines. Affordable. Reusable. And comfortable!

http://www.earplugstore.com/alpinepartyplug.html

When I've stood up close I've definitely felt the need for ear plugs. At Outside Lands, we were back behind the sound desk, it wasn't bad at all.

I've not thought Muse were particularly loud, not uncomfortably so, anyway. However, after going to recent Melvins show where my ears literally rang for a week, I'm never going to another gig without earplugs. I may not wear them, but I will have them on hand in case it seems especially loud. It scared me!!

I wouldn't say Muse are all that loud on average. I really doubt that they're 160 decibels like someone said earlier, I think that's be borderline illegal. As someone said earlier in the thread, My Bloody Valentine are a deafeningly loud band, I've heard tales of people leaving mid-concert because it hurt their hearing too much.

Loud but not the loudest - I think that would be Foo Fighters given a show they did once caused on earthquake off the coast of New Zealand and I went deaf in one ear during their Milton Keynes show last year.

Jesus, really?! Can't wait to see them at Leeds now :LOL:

Anyone have a good recommendation for some earplugs? I have really sensitive ears and will get ringing in my ears for a good 3-4 days after concerts so I need to pick some up for Muse.

I bought these ones at a music store and I think they're pretty good. I use them for gigs and also for rehearsals and gigs of my own band. I recommend them :)

http://www.earplugstore.com/alnasoearpl.html

Archived