stuartrushforth

I've got mine last in the chain so I've no idea how it would work using different loops. The only thing between the KP and my amp is a volume pedal since some of the synths can be quite loud in comparison to the guitar signal.

Remember if you want to run the guitar through the KP you'll need some 1/4 inch to RCA cables, but if you just want do use the synths you could just connect the phones out port to the amp with a normal instrument cable.

I've got mine last in the chain so I've no idea how it would work using different loops. The only thing between the KP and my amp is a volume pedal since some of the synths can be quite loud in comparison to the guitar signal.

Remember if you want to run the guitar through the KP you'll need some 1/4 inch to RCA cables, but if you just want do use the synths you could just connect the phones out port to the amp with a normal instrument cable.

I have the RCA cables, and I tried it at the beginning and end of my chain, and found a lot of things sounded better at the beginning of the chain...

The loop setup would allow a quick switch of the location of the KP in the pedal chain..

Supposedly the best way to do it is running it in your amp's effects loop with the line in and out jacks, but it might not work too well depending on the amp (especially if it doesn't have an effects loop...)

I haven't used my KP 2 recently, but I built one of these

http://board.muse.mu/showpost.php?p=9952577&postcount=1278

I had it last in the chain in front of the amp and it seemed to work well... but when using the line in and out jacks, it's difficult to balance the synth volume, so I think I'm going to build another one with just a single loop for the KP and a volume control of some sort

Supposedly the best way to do it is running it in your amp's effects loop with the line in and out jacks, but it might not work too well depending on the amp (especially if it doesn't have an effects loop...)

I had it last in the chain in front of the amp and it seemed to work well... but when using the line in and out jacks, it's difficult to balance the synth volume, so I think I'm going to build another one with just a single loop for the KP and a volume control of some sort

nice!! :D

Hmm I like it... This was another thing I was actually looking at. I quite like the idea of having a pedal board, and having a simple pedal switcher kind of idea at the front of the board instead of navigating your foot over a pedal board trying to hit the right ones.

These are some things I will need to consider and plan out before a final approach takes places.

Hmm I like it... This was another thing I was actually looking at. I quite like the idea of having a pedal board, and having a simple pedal switcher kind of idea at the front of the board instead of navigating your foot over a pedal board trying to hit the right ones.

These are some things I will need to consider and plan out before a final approach takes places.

I can send you mine if you want. I'm going to build a modified version of this to replace it

http://www.beavisaudio.com/Projects/Looper-Switcher/True-Bypass-Looper-Volume-Control.png

Just replace the send and return jacks with RCA jacks, and remove the LED as it's more trouble than it's worth

I can send you mine if you want. I'm going to build a modified version of this to replace it

http://www.beavisaudio.com/Projects/Looper-Switcher/True-Bypass-Looper-Volume-Control.png

Just replace the send and return jacks with RCA jacks, and remove the LED as it's more trouble than it's worth

Thanks for the offer, but I am going looking at doing something along the lines of what you have just linked with LEDs, and possibly the volume control on the KP channel, but I also plan to have multiple loops.

Were you able to drill the enclosures yourself? I was looking at going and grabbing a step drill bit and drilling the enclosure for my two current pedal builds at home with a hand drill.

Experience in this?

Thanks for the offer, but I am going looking at doing something along the lines of what you have just linked with LEDs, and possibly the volume control on the KP channel, but I also plan to have multiple loops.

Were you able to drill the enclosures yourself? I was looking at going and grabbing a step drill bit and drilling the enclosure for my two current pedal builds at home with a hand drill.

Experience in this?

nice, and yeah, that's exactly what i did. it worked well for the most part, but the holes aren't lined up quite as well as i'd like

not that i'm aware of. they go through pretty easily, but i need to learn how to keep the bit from moving

Are you referring to the bit kind of running away from the center point while you are trying to get the hole going? (there is a name for this happening but it escapes me).

Are you referring to the bit kind of running away from the center point while you are trying to get the hole going? (there is a name for this happening but it escapes me).

exactly that. i'm not sure if there's a way to keep it from moving when using a handheld drill

exactly that. i'm not sure if there's a way to keep it from moving when using a handheld drill

What I've read is that using a center punch (people seem to prefer the spring loaded ones) will give a helping hand to keeping the drill on mark when you are trying to get started. Some even seem to do a center punch, then a small drill bit just for a pilot hole, the the step bit.

not that i'm aware of. they go through pretty easily, but i need to learn how to keep the bit from moving

Centre punch is the way forward, or get a drill bit the size of minimum flute diameter of the drill bit being used to drill and run it in reverse. As the drill bit is running in reverse it won't grab and run off but as aluminium is soft it will leave an indent! Then drill away!

Or if your me you use the CNC machine you built in your shed

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
any thoughts on the kaossilator pro? Never really looked into it, but I've got the KP3+ now, and wondering if this is worth getting too

if you're rocking axe fx, i would say get the kaosillator and skip the KP3+ to be honest. Some point I'm going to route my XY controller to one of the parameters for the AXE FX (seriously the axe fx is amazingly flexible) and do crazy changes on it.

if you're rocking axe fx, i would say get the kaosillator and skip the KP3+ to be honest. Some point I'm going to route my XY controller to one of the parameters for the AXE FX (seriously the axe fx is amazingly flexible) and do crazy changes on it.

What do you tend to do with the Kaossilator? I don't think I've used mine much to be honest. That said, I don't use the Kaoss Pad that much either really, but more than the Kaossilator. Should probably spend some time with them at some point. I think my main problem with the Kaoss is that I always have it set to 100% wet and it's far too extreme. I reckon if I rolled that back a bit, I could get some nice background effects going maybe. Will have to give it a try.

This is good for this application. Axe FX has a huge range of midi-contr parameters.

• 3 months later...
it does, but there's some signal bleed when bypassed (though it's not too noticeable)

So... I'm revisiting this idea after someone brought it up the other day.

First, I bought a center punch as I don't want to ruin these nice polished enclosures... so that's sorted... but as far as the internals go, what pot value should I be using? I understand for the effects loop, it should be 25 to 50k (I think I was using a 500k before as it's just what I had lying around)

So the function is basically

Completely bypassed (unless it's like the last one which had some sort of signal bleed...)

OR

kaoss pad switched in, but with an added volume control after it... same idea as putting a volume pedal directly after the KP I guess, but you can switch both of them out at the same time

In other words:

amp FX loop send > KP line in > KP line out > volume control > amp FX loop return

Or is that not the best way to do it?

Only found out about this existing recently...

I've got the KP3+ now

Any difference in performance with the normal KP3, apart from a few new effects and a 9V power supply instead of 12V? I can't see it being worth the money already having the KP3, but just intrigued as to what's actually different.

Archived