Should they play it live again?  

289 members have voted

1. 1. Should they play it live again?

• Yes, nearly every gig, it's the best song to go crazy to
    • Every couple of gigs
    • Once a tour
    • No, i really hate this song

Definitely one of the most underrated Muse songs. So sick and deserves to be played way more

Also, searching for this thread, Worst Muse Songs Ever popped up. Perma ban for whoever posted Assassin in there

I see you still haven't learned to only search thread titles ;)

Assassin is such a good live song <3

I really wish Muse would go back to a heavier prog-rock style like this and B&H.

Tbf, T2L isn't short of the proggy stylings that I love about Muse - Supremacy, Survival, Animals and Isolated System definitely hark back to that.

In fact, I really struggle to dislike any of T2L. I just don't really love any of it.

I really wish Muse would go back to a heavier prog-rock style like this and B&H.

US

MK Ultra

Exogenesis

The riffs in Survival

Animals

Supremacy

Liquid State

Edit: I'm slow :-(

In fact, I really struggle to dislike any of T2L. I just don't really love any of it.

Exactly.

Well, It took me two years to appreciate The Resistance.

Indeed, Muse haven't lost that side. It's just the juxtaposition with other styles across the rest of the album is far more prominent than before.

Songs like CE, B&H, Take A Bow, City Of Delusion, etc, didn't stand out so much as prog awesomeness because their respective albums were more cohesive, BH&R less so ofc.

Whereas TR and T2L are just all over the place.

• 2 weeks later...
Indeed, Muse haven't lost that side. It's just the juxtaposition with other styles across the rest of the album is far more prominent than before.

Songs like CE, B&H, Take A Bow, City Of Delusion, etc, didn't stand out so much as prog awesomeness because their respective albums were more cohesive, BH&R less so ofc.

Whereas TR and T2L are just all over the place.

I'm hoping they'll emphasise that style a little more on future albums. Maybe if Chris writes more, that'll give them a harder edge, at least judging by Liquid State.

Cutting the bridge for Assassin's studio version is still the worst Muse decision to date.

Turning Debase Masons Grog into Assassin was a terrible mistake.

I remember being so excited to hear the album version of that song when we heard it from the US tour and was massively disappointed.

Archived