Should they play it live again?  

289 members have voted

1. 1. Should they play it live again?

• Yes, nearly every gig, it's the best song to go crazy to
    • Every couple of gigs
    • Once a tour
    • No, i really hate this song

except, and correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't the only versions of debase mason's grog on tour bootlegs? Cause i'd much rather listen to a studio version than a crappy quality bootleg.

It's good quality and just sounds so heavy and PHOAR.

No way, people. Assassin GOB edit is over the top, dragged out and unnecessary. So I agree that it is like Citizen Erased. But the band have clearly learnt their lesson since OoS, and are now brave enough the say "this epic isn't working as an epic, we need to cut it down and make it abrupt and direct. Like an assassin." And it's way better. People seem to mistake more song for a better song a lot. In conclusion, album version FTW!

i dont dislike any version of the song, i just think GOB version just sounds better not just for the extended bit of the added riff on guitar. i just thing all the instruments are more pronounced, they just sound clearer.

i dont however think i would appreciate the GOB version without having heard DMG or the album version first. i have a mate who isnt at all keen on muse, when he heard the GOB version he was stunned, and listens to it loads now lol

The ultimate Assassin would be:

Album Assassin + GOB Bridge (with vocals) + Into a third verse + Outro of somekind

And with seriously heavy production, like Dead Star.

Make it about 7 minutes long, fucking epic!

definately

GOB edit has those stupid effects in it which detract from the heavyness of the album version

We were always going to be fucked hearing DMG first though

Album Assassin + GOB Bridge (with vocals) + Into a third verse + Outro of somekind

i think thats basically the live version. would be class recorded in a studio yeah but 7 mins? dont overdo it lol

only new born and knights of cydonia can get away with such a length for me :p

i think thats basically the live version. would be class recorded in a studio yeah but 7 mins? dont overdo it lol

only new born and knights of cydonia can get away with such a length for me :p

It's nout like the live version, because the live version has no bridge vocals and doesn't have a third verse after the bridge :p.

Me and my mate are gonna chop up Assassin using Cubase to make a version exactly like that, we'll probs remix it a bit to make it a bit more raw.

DEBASE is the best version of Assassin. Followed by Assassin GOB which rocks the fuck out, and then Assassin, which just isn't worth listening to when you've got versions like GOB and Debase Masons Grog in existence. I preferred the drum pattern to Debase and the whole thing in general even though it's quite similar to GOB.

so yeah, DMG > GOB > album version

:D :D

Tell me you're kidding. Assassin? Seven minutes long? 5 is a stretch! And it could never be epic. Long does not mean epic. Is Citizen Erased epic? No. New Born? Of course not. Knights of Cydonia, as much as I love it, is definitely not epic. The only Muse songs that spring to mind as epic are Space Dementia, Sing for Absolution and Ruled by Secrecy. Again, the album version is just fine as it is.

Bloody hell, doesn't anyone actually read my posts :LOL:?

It's just my idea for an ultimate version of Assassin, I've timed it and it would be about seven minutes, SHOCK HORROR!

:p.

And what is or what isn't epic is completely up to my own judgement, how can you define musical epicness? - My version of Assassin would be epic so nerr.

I'd also called KoC, New Born and Citizen Erased epic, not because they're long, but just because they evoke a sense of grandeur that most other Muse songs do not, they make my hair stand on it's end. That's my best definition of 'epic'.

/Subjectivism ftw.

Archived