Should they play it live again?  

289 members have voted

1. 1. Should they play it live again?

• Yes, nearly every gig, it's the best song to go crazy to
    • Every couple of gigs
    • Once a tour
    • No, i really hate this song

Tell me you're kidding. Assassin? Seven minutes long? 5 is a stretch! And it could never be epic. Long does not mean epic. Is Citizen Erased epic? No. New Born? Of course not. Knights of Cydonia, as much as I love it, is definitely not epic. The only Muse songs that spring to mind as epic are Space Dementia, Sing for Absolution and Ruled by Secrecy. Again, the album version is just fine as it is.

Citizen Erased is epic. It goes through such alot of things. I wouldn't call Ruled by Secrecy or Sing for Absolution epic though. Assasin could have been 7 minutes long epic heavy distorted madness, like Debase could have turned in (and to some extent was), but they muddled it to a typical Muse song instead.

Tell me you're kidding. Assassin? Seven minutes long? 5 is a stretch! And it could never be epic. Long does not mean epic. Is Citizen Erased epic? No. New Born? Of course not. Knights of Cydonia, as much as I love it, is definitely not epic. The only Muse songs that spring to mind as epic are Space Dementia, Sing for Absolution and Ruled by Secrecy. Again, the album version is just fine as it is.

Citizen Erased... New Born... Knights... NOT epic?!!?

:stunned::stunned::stunned:

Actually, on second thoughts I concede KoC could be deemed as a sort of mock epic, as it were. Cos it does have the grandeur and that, just it's fun and a bit silly too. The rest of my previous post stands though. New Born is not epic, it's perfectly good but it's a simply structured song that happens to run into the seventh minute. I don't get any feeling of a journey. Ruled by Secrecy and Sing for Absolution I do get that feeling in, as they're alot more emotional. And as for Citizen Erased, it's what I might call a try-hard epic. As in, they wrote with completely the wrong approach of deciding they were going to do a really long song as the centrepiece of OoS. And it didn't work. Oh, and Hoodoo comes under my definition of epic as well. [/controversy]

I love Assassin, mainly for the drums. :p

If I had to pick a version it would be the one at KROQ. I die a little inside every time I watch it since I could've been at the kroq Inland Invasion--it's only a half hour away from where I live and I didn't know about it. :eek:

Can anyone e-mail me Assassin the Grand Omega Bosses Edit? :(:musesign:

I would like a certain B Side but I cannot buy it, can someone send it to me?

No! It is illegal to send commercial songs to each other. Please ensure that you are not requesting or sending someone a commercial Muse track (or any other song by an artist). [from the new comers go here thread]

http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=410

DEBASE anyday. GOB is way mellow and the backround is rather anooying but I like it more than Assassin... either way the drums are good:p

DMG > Live > GOB > Album > some 12 year old's cover

and Clunge, how the 7 minutes Assassin, I'm interested in the outcome...

• 1 year later...
It's not even close. Assassin= mediocre song, one of the worst on BH&R

Grand Omega Bosses Edit= Best song muse have put out since Citizen Erased. Only spiral static, showbiz and CE top it imo.

Assassin = Amazing but GOB = Absolutely Immense. But GOB is better than Showbiz and Spiral Static which is lame.

Between Assassin and GOB? Assassin. GOB doesnt capture the intensity of the live version, and as such its length just seems plodding. Also, it has that really annoying synth riff at the beggining, which always pisses me off.

Debase was amazing. Recorded properly, it would have been EPIC. But we never got that, so i'll take the simplified, quickfire album version of Assassin.

I do actually like Assassin quite a bit. I never used to, I thought the intro sounded like bees...

It really grew on me, though...but it definitely isn't one of their best.

The Grand Omega Bosses Edit one is a lot more interesting than the album version though, and longer.

I like the Grand Omega Bosses Edit version more.

• 10 months later...
assassin could have been this and I am bitter that it is not

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhJK4qvIirM

Whilst i like the fact that theres more of Assassin in that piece, it doesnt have the awesome drum fill, and it just feels abit stretched, like they are pulling on the riff for too long, just my opinion, the album version is short yet very very sweet.

Archived