289 members have voted

1. 1. Should they play it live again?

• Yes, nearly every gig, it's the best song to go crazy to
    • Every couple of gigs
    • Once a tour
    • No, i really hate this song

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I only just heard the original pre-BHAR 'Debase Masons Grog' live version of Assassin today. I would really love them to play that version live again, it's probably the heaviest thing they've done. Unfortunately these days the chances of them playing anything that me'al are slim to none.

I only just heard the original pre-BHAR 'Debase Masons Grog' live version of Assassin today. I would really love them to play that version live again, it's probably the heaviest thing they've done. Unfortunately these days the chances of them playing anything that me'al are slim to none.

im wondering why this version isn't on the album?!

it sounds so damn sick..

Forgive me if none of this makes sense, it's 3 in the morning and I'm bored. :D

I personally think Assassin should be played very little (i.e. once per tour leg?), as one of those semi-rarities. It's far too epic to become one of the regulars, methinks. Besides, it's not really a "crowd" sort of song. It's too... sinister. I'm sure us Musers would find no trouble in screaming the lyrics, but it's no Feeling Good or Knights of Cydonia. If it were to be played live (which it won't, probably), it should be a Citizen Erased or Bliss.

As for my favourite version of Assassin, I honestly prefer the live version they played on the BHAR tour. Different guitar in the verses and chorus, complete with Grand Omega Bosses' interlude. It's longer, which is good, has variety, which is good, and is still as epic, which (if you haven't guessed) is also good.

However, if I could "build" my own Assassin from the different versions, it would be this: Grand Omega Bosses' without those horrible, horrible whammy wails (seriously, what the hell), with Debase's heavy drumming in the verses and chorus (keeping Dom's epic ride-snare rape for the guitar riff), and Matt's live guitar parts. If Muse did that, it would make my life, shortened considerably due to the fact that having heard such epicness my existence would no longer be required.

Anyway, thanks for reading my rant, cheers.

Forgive me if none of this makes sense, it's 3 in the morning and I'm bored. :D

I personally think Assassin should be played very little (i.e. once per tour leg?), as one of those semi-rarities. It's far too epic to become one of the regulars, methinks. Besides, it's not really a "crowd" sort of song. It's too... sinister. I'm sure us Musers would find no trouble in screaming the lyrics, but it's no Feeling Good or Knights of Cydonia. If it were to be played live (which it won't, probably), it should be a Citizen Erased or Bliss.

okay you made me change my mind about the idea of 'zomfg play it whenever you can!!!!111'

Anyone know the exact tempo of assassin?

The song doesn't have an exact tempo, it goes up and down. The most common tempo is ~125 in the verses and chorus. For the intro and similar breakdowns, it speeds up to between 130-140. For the heavier parts where the bass is more dominant, it slows down to about 120.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived