Dom revealed at the same time the BBC chose what songs were broadcast, so all that stuff about Muse not wanting Oos shown was apparantly bull.

How very convenient for the BBC to blame the band when they were getting a lot of heat.

Dom revealed at the same time the BBC chose what songs were broadcast, so all that stuff about Muse not wanting Oos shown was apparantly bull.

That also feels weird. I mean, that pissed loads of fans off, feels weird for Muse to just be okay with taking the blame.

I think they lost the pedal they use to make DVDs.

Perfect :LOL:

Because it's a different thing, y'know.

I know, I know. It just seems weird (to me, anyway) that they could choose what the BBC showed but aren't allowed use any of it themselves.

Edit: Ah, wait apparently it was bull anyway. It does seem slightly weird that the band are fine with taking the blame, mind you, they probably just don't care about taking abuse any more.

They had cameras at like every gig. And looking at how they were still releasing BH&R recordings with the RAH edit, they keep their footage.

So I agree with Sippe, even if they couldn't get the BBC footage, there shouldn't be much of an issue getting another plan. Some high quality releases for some of the stadium gigs like Manchester or San Siro would've been great. I hope they don't abandon the idea entirely.

Or maybe Tom Kirk really does run assign Final Cut Pro commands to pedals...

May you send me the link where he said that?

If it's true then my respect for Muse goes back up and well my respect for BBC can't possibly drop anymore so no change there.

:LOL:

As i understand it on the whole resistance tour DVD front, Dom said the other week at the studios apparantly they'd failed to get the rights to the BBC's reading footage so couldnt release it, as that was going to be the base of the resistance tour DVD with some extras from the stadiums.

I would ask "oh he did?" but you answered it in a later post

you'd think so yeah.

I know they'd had some stadium footage mixed all ready for a DVD release, so that will probably show up in the lead up to the new album in the style of "join the resistance".

Id of loved a bluray of one of the stadium gigs, but theres always next tour :)

No way :eek:

Oh I see. And that seems nob-ish of the BBC

They had cameras at like every gig. And looking at how they were still releasing BH&R recordings with the RAH edit, they keep their footage.

So I agree with Sippe, even if they couldn't get the BBC footage, there shouldn't be much of an issue getting another plan. Some high quality releases for some of the stadium gigs like Manchester or San Siro would've been great. I hope they don't abandon the idea entirely.

Or maybe Tom Kirk really does run assign Final Cut Pro commands to pedals...

Every gig thats filmed for the screens they keep. I think every gig over the resistance tour had a camera crew so they could choose from everything.

The gigs they earmark for a special release will usually always have a crane camera, thats always a giveaway.

The gigs they earmark for a special release will usually always have a crane camera, thats always a giveaway.

You don't happen to know some of the gigs where this was used? :) I'm guessing the big ones like the stadium gigs, but other than that?

Every gig thats filmed for the screens they keep. I think every gig over the resistance tour had a camera crew so they could choose from everything.

It's nice being an Enter Shikari fan because almost every show I've been to of theirs there has been some footage of it released in some way. Often it's just a handful of handheld cameras, or some mounted on sticks that they hold above the crowd, but they regularly post video blogs and live clips which is nice

You don't happen to know some of the gigs where this was used? :) I'm guessing the big ones like the stadium gigs, but other than that?

Rock in Rio had a crane, but that could very well have been for the TV station that covered it.

It's nice being an Enter Shikari fan because almost every show I've been to of theirs there has been some footage of it released in some way.
Shame that it also means you have to listen to Enter Shikari's music.

I've never noticed a crane camera, but I know they save their files when it's on the screens.

I didn't see many cameras at the 2011 shows (bar R/L) but I know there was a crew in their stadium shows, and plenty of cameras in there arena shows. I guess it's just more waiting to see if anything comes up.

May you send me the link where he said that?

If it's true then my respect for Muse goes back up and well my respect for BBC can't possibly drop anymore so no change there.

a friend and others were told by Dom last week at the studios. Quite a few heard it, and i think theres been discussion of it on muselive from those that heard it too.

Rock in Rio had a crane, but that could very well have been for the TV station that covered it.

Yeah for festivals and other TV broadcasts the crane is for the broadcasters and not the band, unless it's an unbroadasted festival. But of course the band could get access to the footage like with Glasto (cause apparently it would be better than Earl's Court

Shame that it also means you have to listen to Enter Shikari's music.

This.

Guess the people who didn't get to see OOS are pretty fucked then.

Thanks for reminding me ;_;

At least Liam's edit is still great.

a friend and others were told by Dom last week at the studios. Quite a few heard it, and i think theres been discussion of it on muselive from those that heard it too.

Thank you.

I will pray to my Gods that you reap a bountiful harvest this summer.

Archived