Nobody said anything was wrong with the original. What's wrong with different takes/variations? If that's what they want to do, and they do it well, I am all for it.I don't think that's what will happen though. I think the said remastering is of the live performance of OoS.

But the point is that you can't get such a vastly different album with a new master.

To re-record the songs would make a lot more sense. Remaster does imply that there's something wrong with the master, otherwise it's just fishing for money.

On another note, I hope they don't do a 360 thing as the only way to watch the performances. The Wembley one lags so much I can barely hear the songs. I'd rather just see Liam's edit.

This this this!

No offence, but may I ask why you would buy a remastered version?

What is wrong with the mastering of the original?

I'd just like to hear how different they sound, and who said about buying? :shifty:

God if they rerecorded OoS, unlike the usual 'remastered edition' bollocks you get, which sounds virtually exactly the same.

I think it would sounds 500x better. OoS is their best album but I prefer the way they sound overall now.

A DVD/Blu Ray would be awesome from a stadium gig or with the towers. And the track listing was good. No one ones to see Neutron Star Collision or Guiding Light. Wembley 2nd night would be too good to hope for to be honest.

Hmmm :p Just think it's interesting to hear it that's all, knowing the band they'd replace Darkshines with them clapping over a toilet or something

But that's the point, what you just said has nothing to do with remastering. That's re-recording or reproducing.

Remastering is basically improving sound quality.

Remastering is basically improving sound quality.

Used to be. Nowadays I try to avoid remastered albums as the tracks are usually compressed to hell on purpose to make them loud and commercial. They sound like crap and have no emotion.

On another note though, Muse have gotten rid of Rich Costey after BHAR and Resistance does sound good (at least when compared to BHAR) so I am optimistic about a Remastered OoS.

No one ones to see Neutron Star Collision or Guiding Light. Wembley 2nd night would be too good to hope for to be honest.

i could do without guiding light but i've seen NSC live and i loved it.

and although i was at wembley (2nd night), i was gutted that i couldnt go to the first night, as i missed IBTY.

*shrugs*

All this talk seems quite far-fetched. Origin of Symmetry has sold (in the UK since application date) at exactly 652,779 in this moment in time, since it came out. To me, their live material is probably going to make their label more money than a re-release.

They'd both sell the same, all of the fans would buy it, but everyone will just think it's another pointless re-release.

Trust me, all the fans would not buy a re-release of OoS(unless it's re-recorded). Not even close.

Exactly.

I work in the industry, and "for the fans" is a statement you never really hear as that's a very niche market. Its all about "how much is it going to shift".

Yeah, and I said it wouldn't sell, which it wouldn't. Re-recording, would be much more successful or the live release. Either a re-record or a live release of OoS, would be.......

quite good.

Ah, quite right.

But as Haze said, tI very much doubt that they would release anything now.

Archived