• 1 month later...
completely forgot about a live release :( surely we'd have heard some more definitive rumours by now about it if there was one?

Thats what I was thinking. All the live show DVDs I know of that are coming out for the christmas market are already advertised everywhere as pre-orders or are just about to be released, because they need time to advertise.

I just am hopeful given the tweets a while ago about the hints of mixing of IBTY, the edge at glastonbury etc etc.. maybe they will be doing it entirely download based, if anything atall. Either way, if theyre aiming for christmas.. we should be hearing something anytime now.

no real reason not to have christmas gift, tbh.

more worried that they dont seem to have plans for a DVD release :( sure, they've mentioend it in the past but it's been very quiet and if they dont release it this year, i find it very unlikely that they'll do it in 2012, with only a few months difference to the release of the new album (or at least that is the plan).

completely forgot about a live release :( surely we'd have heard some more definitive rumours by now about it if there was one?

Well they released Live CD/DVDs off the Origin, Absolution and BH & R Tours so I wouldn't be surprised if they do the same for the Resistance Tour. Here's hoping...

• 1 month later...

To be honest (and I could post this in the xmas thread but it's kinda related to this), last year they surprised us with the xmas thing by releasing two songs in 360 rather than a standard mp4 of one song like other years. I have faint hope we'll get a (possible 360) pro shot of the OoS Reading set for the xmas present

Unfortunately I doubt we're getting a live DVD now as the band seem content on working on the new album now and there's been no word of a live DVD. Shame

• 1 month later...

Count me disappointed too, since it looks like they've decided to skip an official video release. Sure, there are lots of great bootlegs floating around out there, including a great Seattle performance. But something in glorious 1080p with a 5.1 DTS mix that pushes the concert recording envelope the way their shows do would be fantastic, especially for the darker arena shows where the stage set up was something novel and different.

Count me disappointed too, since it looks like they've decided to skip an official video release. Sure, there are lots of great bootlegs floating around out there, including a great Seattle performance. But something in glorious 1080p with a 5.1 DTS mix that pushes the concert recording envelope the way their shows do would be fantastic, especially for the darker arena shows where the stage set up was something novel and different.

There still hasn't been a single word saying that the DVD wouldn't be released.

There still hasn't been a single word saying that the DVD wouldn't be released.

And none so far of a DVD release either.

I start doubting about a DVD release.

Why ? 'Cause a release at the same time (or even 3-4 months before) as their new album would be quite stupid, I think.

Live DVD has the best impact when it's released between 2 albums so ppl get to enjoy it while waiting for the upcoming studio album.

But releasing a DVD only a few months before the (supposed) release of their next album is the best way to encourage ppl to buy it a bit and then drop it in order to get the new album.

I know it wouldn't the behavior of most of the board members, but there's probably a lot of ppl out there who're not so hardly following Muse and would pick up their new album instead of the "old" tour. Just my opinion tho.

And none so far of a DVD release either.

I start doubting about a DVD release.

Why ? 'Cause a release at the same time (or even 3-4 months before) as their new album would be quite stupid, I think.

Live DVD has the best impact when it's released between 2 albums so ppl get to enjoy it while waiting for the upcoming studio album.

But releasing a DVD only a few months before the (supposed) release of their next album is the best way to encourage ppl to buy it a bit and then drop it in order to get the new album.

I know it wouldn't the behavior of most of the board members, but there's probably a lot of ppl out there who're not so hardly following Muse and would pick up their new album instead of the "old" tour. Just my opinion tho.

That's for sure, the release date would be strange, so close to the 6th album. But Muse always tend to focus on the live aspect of their music, and it sounds crazy to me not to publish the DVD or their biggest tour.

Archived