Are you going?  

403 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going?

Time for my mini review.

Absolutely LOVED the gig. The atmosphere was great (or at least it looked it down at the front, I was sat way at the back like a little bitch :LOL: ). I adored the setlist, a great mix of old and new! However, I too wished to hear MK Ultra. I bloody love that song.

The only thing that tarnished the evening, were the dickheads sat right next to me smoking spliffs and generally being a bunch of twats; screaming/cackling, having "deep" non-Muse related conversations during the entire time Muse were playing. Seriously, it was like they were just sat in the pub airing out their dirty laundry.

There was also this girl who was a few rows down from me and my boyfriend, she was dancing the entire way through the gig. Not once did she stop, she was like a machine. Determination or Ecstasy? You decide XD

Great night though, but I enjoyed myself more at the Echo Arena last November. :D

Agree with you, I really wanted to see MK Ultra too, and this was probably my last opportunity because I can't imagine it's going to make many appearances after the Resistance tour. Citizen Erased is my favorite Muse song (not exactly in the minority, I know) so I was very pleased they played that and Butterflies & Hurricanes was a wonderful surprise, too, and a song I didn't think I'd see.

I think Unatural Selection is far better live than it is on record. On the flip-side of the coin, I don't really think Supermassive Black Hole or Stockholm Syndrome deserve a slot on the setlist. I like them both but I think they've had their day to be honest.

Edit: Misread your post. I disagree, I think this was far better than the Echo gig because the Echo gig was ridiculously short.

I was right at the edge of that pit! Got a bit extreme really seein as they were doing it for 5 or 6 songs. Broken toe sounds bad, hope you're alright :)

Yeah but it means I don't have to work today :happy:

It was mental but it died down a bit then so there was just this massive gap and everyone was dancing in it :LOL:

And whoever picked my bag up off the ground and helped me put it back on again....I thank you :)

Fucking yes! It was an amazing gig, just awesome...easily in my top 5 gigs. The lads were on fine form, as were the crowd. One of the nicest crowds I've ever been in, in fact.

Excellent night all round. :D Nothing bad to say at all, we even enjoyed the cheese fest! :LOL:

Damn right, it was bloody ace!

This! I enjoyed Guiding Light a little too much :LOL: I just got really into it :')

Also, can anyone tell me the order of the setlist? :)

1. Uprising

2. Supermassive Black Hole

3. New Born

4. Map of the Problematique

5. Butterflies and Hurricanes

6. Guiding Light

7. (+interlude) Hysteria

8. Citizen Erased

9. (+NIshe) United States of Eurasia

10. Feeling Good

11. Undisclosed Desires

12. Resistance

13. Starlight

14. Time Is Running Out

15. Unnatural Selection

16. Exogenesis: Symphony Part 1 (Overture)

17. Stockholm Syndrome

Encore

18. Take A Bow

19. Plug In Baby

20. Knights of Cydonia

There you go. :)

On the flip-side of the coin, I don't really think Supermassive Black Hole or Stockholm Syndrome deserve a slot on the setlist. I like them both but I think they've had their day to be honest.

I agree about Stockholm, even though it was only my first time seeing it, it really disapointed me for some reason, but i did think SMBH was really good, especially with the dancing robot graphics :D

Just got back from what was the best gig i've ever been to :D

I got about 3 people away from the barrier near the ufo stage on the right. The crowd went fucking mental when they came on and I almost ended up on the floor. Pushed my way back a bit though but got dragged into pits several times; kicked in the head, punched in the face, drenched in beer and possibly a broken toe but it was all worth it :happy:

and

CITIZEN ERASED....made my life really

I think that crowd might have been the people Matt said thanks to at the end, he was pointing in that direction.

Hi guise!

did ya miss me? :LOL:

Now, do I go back and read from page 368 where I left it yesterday?!!

+1

Haha brilliant gig it was! Top form, loved the intro, TaB, B&H AND Citizen!!!

Who else wants them to change the site to citizenerased.com, even if only for a bit lol.

Although as I'm short I didn't see a lot of the band, my night was more focused on having a laugh with a load of boardies I met/had met before, especially vibrantXhearts and Liron :D

Christmas suit, MK Jam <3 loved Matt on the podium for TaB, like a dictator orating to the people lol.

So many amazing moments, too many to document here lol but it's safe to say I have even higher hopes for Wembellamy! See you all there on Saturday! Xx

1. Uprising

2. Supermassive Black Hole

3. New Born

4. Map of the Problematique

5. Butterflies and Hurricanes

6. Guiding Light

7. (+interlude) Hysteria

8. Citizen Erased

9. (+NIshe) United States of Eurasia

10. Feeling Good

11. Undisclosed Desires

12. Resistance

13. Starlight

14. Time Is Running Out

15. Unnatural Selection

16. Exogenesis: Symphony Part 1 (Overture)

17. Stockholm Syndrome

Encore

18. Take A Bow

19. Plug In Baby

20. Knights of Cydonia

There you go. :)

Thanks very much :)

Ah, there were some real treasures played last night :happy:

Anyone see the glowstick barrage at Chris and Dom I think it was? :LOL:

I saw that :LOL:

I officially did a :facepalm:' date=' to the bemusement of people around me :LOL:[/quote']

I just did a disappointed moan when it started:chuckle:

Was anyone stood to the left of the sound/lighting rig on the right hand side (but the one in the middle not right at the edge of the stadium) and saw someone very tall? That wouldve been me :p

I saw kev and Tom Kirk too, both quite far away so didnt say anything to either though

listen carefully after 4:19 --

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmnTNZJs10A

He he! :D I can see how he meant it now. :happy:

I noticed on this video for Uprising (love Uprising:D) Sorry can't embed.

That there was a Union Jack in the demo bit. I just wondered: have they using a different flag depending on the country they're in? I haven't noticed that before. It does give you a bit of a lift, national pride and all that :chuckle: though I'm not sure what about. Well very proud to have a band as great as Muse in our midst! :D:LOL: (Well that international "power to people" idea is uplifting! And yes, do want to join The Resistance! :D) But anyway just wondered.

Also what does Matt shout out? I've never seen him do that before. Cool though! :D

I saw that :LOL:

I just did a disappointed moan when it started:chuckle:

Was anyone stood to the left of the sound/lighting rig on the right hand side (but the one in the middle not right at the edge of the stadium) and saw someone very tall? That wouldve been me :p

I saw kev and Tom Kirk too, both quite far away so didnt say anything to either though

I love that kev and tom have the same celebrity status! We were all standing by the sound desk. I was standing behind kev.

Apparently ali has a video of the HORS intro with me shouting at the end "just play it you fucker!!" :LOL:

My videos are coming in the next hour or so :)

I love that kev and tom have the same celebrity status! We were all standing by the sound desk. I was standing behind kev.

Apparently ali has a video of the HORS intro with me shouting at the end "just play it you fucker!!" :LOL:

I wouldnt know who either of them was if it wasnt for this board so yeah :p

I didnt actually meet anyone from the board though :(

I can't believe the only decent pic I got was of this annoying man

58943_487504312845_726027845_7053379_6146468_n.jpg

Tom Smith is not annoying :(

My videos are coming in the next hour or so :)

I wouldnt know who either of them was if it wasnt for this board so yeah :p

I didnt actually meet anyone from the board though :(

Tom Smith is not annoying :(

I so had the urge to throw things at him :LOL:

I've just realised he also has abnormally long fingers :stunned:

For anyone worried about the result of the Luther/glowstick interface incident... it may actually have done him a power of good because he appears to be absolutely fine and wolfed his breakfast like a proper trenchercat.

Thank god for that...I was really worried about him when we left yours. Poor Brian had to drive back with three unconscious people in the car, however! :$:LOL:

Archived