Are you going?  

403 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going?

About 20 to 30 rows back :/ I wouldve been closer but it was my friends birthday and he didnt want to queue. Considering we didnt we still had an amazing spot. When the stage extended we were almost directly beneath

Oh that's fair enough :) I started off like 4 rows back on Chris's side but as soon as Uprising started we got pushed back another 10 or so :LOL: still an incredible view, would not have asked for anything else.

Did anyone else see Matt unzip Dom's catsuit? I thought it was hilarious, but I stopped filming after Dom was saying how we were the best and everything.... :D

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly?

More like the Absolutely F***ing Brilliant, The Pretty Damn Good and The Ugly!

It was my first Muse gig - and I have dreamt about what it may be like ever since I bought the Paris DVD from 2001 (I think). I'd always wanted to see Citizen Erased live since I saw the intensity of it live too...

Anyway - the day started well for us. We got to Manchester at 11, booked into our hotel at 12, had some lunch at 1 and got to Old Trafford at around 3 - to find the queue near the tram stop not too bad at all. We were pretty lucky, because as soon as we'd got in the queue, the tramloads became more and more frequent and we soon realised we were only about ten minutes from the front! I thought the entrance (bag search and ticket checks) were very efficient - so well done to the staff at Old Trafford for that.

After buying merch, we got a pretty good spot in the centre between the two main towers.

The support bands - well... Pulled Apart By Horses should be renamed Ripped My Ears Apart. Apparently the lead singer was singing? I'm sure if you kicked me in the balls and shoved a microphone in front of my gob - I'd make similar noises.

Band of Skulls - perhaps a controversial opinion, but I enjoyed them the most of out of the three support acts. Their music was original and pretty catchy, and the female/male vocal harmonics were very nice indeed.

Editors - a strange one this. There's no doubting they're a talented band - but I just couldn't like any of their songs. They were a bit wishy-washy and they all sounded the same to me. Again - the guy has a good voice, the musicians are very capable indeed - but it's just not my type of music. I can see the appeal though.

Muse... well. Muse are Muse!

I will be totally honest and say that I was worried about the levels during Uprising. I thought it was rather quiet and I couldn't actually hear Matt until about the second chorus. The protest was a good idea - and it came off well!

I won't go into too much detail about the setlist as people have already. Suffice to say I wanted to do a little wee when Citizen Erased began.

The show was OTT and full of special effects - and I bloody loved it.

How intense did Butterflies and Hurricanes seem live? Absolutely epic!

The (very few) negatives of the day:

1) Exogenesis. Lovely song - atmospheric - well executed. No complaints about the music. But my God did it seem in the wrong place. The crowd were all hyped up for the big encores - and all of a sudden the mood is taken down about four pegs by putting one of their most serene new songs in there. Don't get me wrong, I bloody love Exogenesis - but it would have worked so much better straight after (even during?) the protest at the start in my opinion.

2) Drunken knobs. Do I need to say more? Why the flying fuckwhistle do you spend £50 on a ticket and spend the entire time acting like a general twat. How much of the gig do they remember this morning? I remember every second and I will treasure it for a long time. Also - the back of my legs got pissed on three times. Nice, huh?

3) The exit. I said the staff did well getting us in - but I wasn't too sure about getting out. One major exit which was dangerously bottlenecked. Also - when it was a straightforward right turn to the tram station - why did they keep the queue barriers up from earlier and make everyone turn left first? It held everyone up. That's a minor moan though.

In conclusion - :awesome:

Who was wearing a red waistcoat and red skinnies? You looked amazing.

WHAT AN INCREDIBLE NIGHT. What a scary mosh pit!

Just amazing, best gig I've ever been too, I started about 4 rows back and then got pushed back a bit but I still had a fantastic view.

The fact they did citizen and said it was for the website made my night! :LOL:

I agree. Whoever you were I was near you in the queue :)

Yay! People saw my outfit! :awesome:

You should've come over and said hi, I'd have loved to have a muser chat. Manged to meet Hyperactivesteph and saw Pip and a bunch of others at the end (sorry, I've forgotten exactly who it was).

What can I say? It was a fantastic gig. I'm off to write my full review which I'll be posting later and then I've got to catch up with teh sexy plane :D

Dom did some pretty epic dodging of glowsticks in wankdorf jam :chuckle:

His face was so funny, he was nodding at the people who were throwing them. :LOL:

Butterflies and Hurricanes. I never thought I'd get to see that live, my life is now complete. Absolutely amazing gig, it was so much fun. Loved it. :D

The UFO was for all stadium gigs' date=' but LCCC had the same problem as Goffertpark gig, it's such an open space so there's really nowhere to run the skywires for the UFO. Wembley will definately get it though :)[/quote']

aaah bummer. well the gig was still immense!

Oh that's fair enough :) I started off like 4 rows back on Chris's side but as soon as Uprising started we got pushed back another 10 or so :LOL: still an incredible view, would not have asked for anything else.

Did anyone else see Matt unzip Dom's catsuit? I thought it was hilarious, but I stopped filming after Dom was saying how we were the best and everything.... :D

As soon as uprising started we went about 10 rows forward :LOL: Also crossed a mosh pit and ended up even further forward!

You should've come over and said hi, I'd have loved to have a muser chat. Manged to meet Hyperactivesteph and saw Pip and a bunch of others at the end (sorry, I've forgotten exactly who it was).

What can I say? It was a fantastic gig. I'm off to write my full review which I'll be posting later and then I've got to catch up with teh sexy plane :D

I tried to write a review (an hour+ of solid typing) but it deleted itself :supersad:

yep, and didnt miss a beat :D

His face was so funny, he was nodding at the people who were throwing them. :LOL:

Butterflies and Hurricanes. I never thought I'd get to see that live, my life is now complete. Absolutely amazing gig, it was so much fun. Loved it. :D

I was laughing so much, he proper matrix dodged one at the end. :chuckle:

Butterflies and Hurricanes made me scream out yes so loudly i almost deafened myself ;) Definately the highlight of the night, was truely epic

anyone see matt grin in undisclosed desires when he leaned over and everyone screamed. he loved the attention :LOL:

Yeah we were right underneath. We couldn't see him until he leaned against the rail.

Also when Dom and Chris were on there and the glow sticks were flying, Dom had to duck under one, then nodded and smiled at where it came from as if to say "good shot!"

Saw Arctic Monkeys at Nottm Arena recently and for some reason the crowd kept throwing shoes on stage. No idea why.

Last night was amaaazing. My 19th Muse gig, and it was probably in my top 5. Had so much fun dancing with our group in front of the sound desk, especially the air guitar down on my knees during the guitar solo in Guiding Light :LOL:

Band seemed to be really enjoying it too. Setlist wasn't anything utterly amazing, sure, but it was still a great performance and everyone seemed to be having a great time.

I have to say - Tom Kirk, utter legend. The girl who got yanked out in front of the sound desk because she was almost unconscious due to lack of water was sitting there for while whilst security were trying to figure out what to do (get her out of there, perhaps?) so Tom rushed over and gave her his own water and juice during the encore break, making sure she was ok :happy:

Also got a setlist off him at the end AND when I asked him for a bit of his drink, he instead emptied out the chiller cabinet and gave us loads of bottles of water and beer :happy: What a legend!

Great day, great night, great fun - even if my knees and throat do ache like hell :LOL:

I had so much fun with you last night... Our guiding light performance :LOL:

So glad u finally got ur setlist and tom was a legend... Free water and corona around!! :awesome:

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly?

More like the Absolutely F***ing Brilliant, The Pretty Damn Good and The Ugly!

It was my first Muse gig - and I have dreamt about what it may be like ever since I bought the Paris DVD from 2001 (I think). I'd always wanted to see Citizen Erased live since I saw the intensity of it live too...

Anyway - the day started well for us. We got to Manchester at 11, booked into our hotel at 12, had some lunch at 1 and got to Old Trafford at around 3 - to find the queue near the tram stop not too bad at all. We were pretty lucky, because as soon as we'd got in the queue, the tramloads became more and more frequent and we soon realised we were only about ten minutes from the front! I thought the entrance (bag search and ticket checks) were very efficient - so well done to the staff at Old Trafford for that.

After buying merch, we got a pretty good spot in the centre between the two main towers.

The support bands - well... Pulled Apart By Horses should be renamed Ripped My Ears Apart. Apparently the lead singer was singing? I'm sure if you kicked me in the balls and shoved a microphone in front of my gob - I'd make similar noises.

Band of Skulls - perhaps a controversial opinion, but I enjoyed them the most of out of the three support acts. Their music was original and pretty catchy, and the female/male vocal harmonics were very nice indeed.

Editors - a strange one this. There's no doubting they're a talented band - but I just couldn't like any of their songs. They were a bit wishy-washy and they all sounded the same to me. Again - the guy has a good voice, the musicians are very capable indeed - but it's just not my type of music. I can see the appeal though.

Muse... well. Muse are Muse!

I will be totally honest and say that I was worried about the levels during Uprising. I thought it was rather quiet and I couldn't actually hear Matt until about the second chorus. The protest was a good idea - and it came off well!

I won't go into too much detail about the setlist as people have already. Suffice to say I wanted to do a little wee when Citizen Erased began.

The show was OTT and full of special effects - and I bloody loved it.

How intense did Butterflies and Hurricanes seem live? Absolutely epic!

The (very few) negatives of the day:

1) Exogenesis. Lovely song - atmospheric - well executed. No complaints about the music. But my God did it seem in the wrong place. The crowd were all hyped up for the big encores - and all of a sudden the mood is taken down about four pegs by putting one of their most serene new songs in there. Don't get me wrong, I bloody love Exogenesis - but it would have worked so much better straight after (even during?) the protest at the start in my opinion.

2) Drunken knobs. Do I need to say more? Why the flying fuckwhistle do you spend £50 on a ticket and spend the entire time acting like a general twat. How much of the gig do they remember this morning? I remember every second and I will treasure it for a long time. Also - the back of my legs got pissed on three times. Nice, huh?

3) The exit. I said the staff did well getting us in - but I wasn't too sure about getting out. One major exit which was dangerously bottlenecked. Also - when it was a straightforward right turn to the tram station - why did they keep the queue barriers up from earlier and make everyone turn left first? It held everyone up. That's a minor moan though.

In conclusion - :awesome:

Yeah I got those at the back as well. Two douchebags and two Gok Wan rejects were amazed more by their glow sticks and making a tit of themselves, by doing weird arm movements which to them they tohught were dancing. It was so annoying. :mad:

Yeah we were right underneath. We couldn't see him until he leaned against the rail.

Also when Dom and Chris were on there and the glow sticks were flying, Dom had to duck under one, then nodded and smiled at where it came from as if to say "good shot!"

Saw Arctic Monkeys at Nottm Arena recently and for some reason the crowd kept throwing shoes on stage. No idea why.

Which side underneath? Must've been close to me. Dom was hilarious all the way through, love his drumming faces. Reminds me of when matt played the new born riff with a shoe :LOL:

I saw your outfit too. Win! Also, the Donny girls support muse banner(i think) I saw in the queue and I commend the top hat of whoever it was with the banner.

Archived