Muse peaked at Absolution?

Novus Dies

as albums, BH&R, Resistance are awesome, musically.

Like Matt said, you can hear that with each album their stuff becomes better musically, doesn't necissarily mean we have to like it.

Absolution era of Muse is probably my favourite all time.. the way Matt's voice sounded during that time was probably the best. He really played around with his falsettos and growls which is great. The only thing I gotta say I like about Post Absolution is how he experiments more with his guitar sounds and the outro riffs are better.

Sometimes Matt just sounds like he's always out of breath now as opposed to the Absolution era when he sounded bang on. Stockholm SYndrome Earls Court!!

• 10 months later...
Even if they did an album of hardcore trance fused with cringing gansta rap? You shouldn't force yourself to like something just because of the band. You should like the band because you like the music, not like the music because you like the band.

Don't be obtuse. If they did an album of music which I didn't like...then i wouldn't force myself to like it. I just have faith that in their styles and talent.

I would suggest that you love Absolution because you've had more time to listen to it. I find that the thing with Muse is that the more you listen to them, the more you get out of them, particularly with some of their long term greats, rather than the ones that grab you straight away. Took me a couple of years fully to appreciate Butterflies and Hurricanes, for example. Just keep playing!

No... they still have alot more to give imo

Showbiz is just a compilation of their songs at the time

Origin is very experimental

Absolution is very heavy

Black Holes is again experimental

Resistance is very orchestral

so i think that Muse have yet to peak, and have alot more to give!!!

I would suggest that you love Absolution because you've had more time to listen to it. I find that the thing with Muse is that the more you listen to them, the more you get out of them, particularly with some of their long term greats, rather than the ones that grab you straight away. Took me a couple of years fully to appreciate Butterflys and Hurricanes, for example. Just keep playing!

A couple of years and you still can't spell the name of the song? ;)

I would suggest that you love Absolution because you've had more time to listen to it. I find that the thing with Muse is that the more you listen to them, the more you get out of them, particularly with some of their long term greats, rather than the ones that grab you straight away. Took me a couple of years fully to appreciate Butterflies and Hurricanes, for example. Just keep playing!

If anything The Resistance gets worse with each subsequent listen, especially compared to their older stuff.

Black Holes and Revelations has always been a bit hit and miss for me since I got it. As long as I don't go to Muse shows anymore i'll forget the miss exists

I would suggest that I love Absolution because in my opinion it's Muse doing what they do best which is rock. The two albums after it have been a disappointment for the fans of Muse who got into them because of their ability to really rock out on record.

My own opinion is that Muse jumped the shark when they got Morgan on board to help out in the live arena.

I would suggest that I love Absolution because in my opinion it's Muse doing what they do best which is rock. The two albums after it have been a disappointment for the fans of Muse who got into them because of their ability to really rock out on record.

My own opinion is that Muse jumped the shark when they got Morgan on board to help out in the live arena.

On the note of Morgan, although I think it's a weak song, the early live versions of Starlight where Matt did the piano parts on guitar were so much better than the subsequent versions that followed (with Morgan doing most of the melody). The fact Matt doesn't even play the piano intro to New Born anymore is just shocking.

On the note of Morgan, although I think it's a weak song, the early live versions of Starlight where Matt did the piano parts on guitar were so much better than the subsequent versions that followed (with Morgan doing most of the melody). The fact Matt doesn't even play the piano intro to New Born anymore is just shocking.

The only thing I can think of with New Born is that he's maybe lost his confidence in playing it on the piano. It wouldn't be the first time, he always used to say how much he struggled at playing the piano and singing at the same time.

The only thing I can think of with New Born is that he's maybe lost his confidence in playing it on the piano. It wouldn't be the first time, he always used to say how much he struggled at playing the piano and singing at the same time.

Would explain why Feeling Good is the default piano song then :LOL:

v645ms.png

The Resistance was their least experimental album thus far and I didn't like it as much. Showbiz wasn't very experimental either, and I didn't enjoy it as much.

I don't really think they've peaked yet. If Muse put their minds in the right creative space, they could smash their past works right out of existence. Sadly I doubt that will happen while the band continues backing themselves into a corner of "more than too much of too much".

v645ms.png

The Resistance was their least experimental album thus far and I didn't like it as much. Showbiz wasn't very experimental either, and I didn't enjoy it as much.

I don't really think they've peaked yet. If Muse put their minds in the right creative space, they could smash their past works right out of existence. Sadly I doubt that will happen while the band continues backing themselves into a corner of "more than too much of too much".

I'd switch the ranks of OOS and Abso. OOS is awesome but Abso is even better musically, more diversity and more "polished".

Apart from that I totally agree, sadly. I tried to like TR more. It's not bad, I can listen to it but it doesn't blow me away, I can't find anything special about it (ok, the symphony is nice but apart from that?).

This doesn't apply to me. I've only really been listening to Muse since spring 2009, and I got their whole back catalogue at once, with The Resistance a few months later. So, even hearing everything for the first time at the same time, Absolution and OoS still stick out as their best work.

Archived