Muse peaked at Absolution?

Novus Dies

Some people might personally feel that they peaked at Absolution, but it's hardly an objective fact. I got it when it was brand new and while I really like it I've always thought it was a lot more average than OOS and BHAR. It just feels very reigned in compared to these two, and the album has a few tracks that while good are weak compared to their other album tracks, for example Falling Away With You, Thoughts of a Dying Atheist, The Small Print and Blackout (this is admittedly awesome live).

Once they do something comparable to the grandiose feel of Butterflies and Hurricanes they'll start to come close to topping Absolution. Exogenesis was as close as they've come since, but it didn't save the album enough for me to consider it better than Abso, OOS, and BH&R (note: I do quite enjoy The Resistance, as well as nearly all of Muses catalog considering my rose-tinted Muse goggles).

Exogenesis was as close as they've come since, but it didn't save the album enough for me to consider it better than Abso, OOS, and BH&R.

that's exactly how I feel.. I like the resistance, but it's just lower on the like scale. I listen to OoS, Abso and BHaR very often.. and if a Resistance song comes up on shuffle, I often skip it.

Love Exogenesis though.

No... they still have alot more to give imo

Showbiz is just a compilation of their songs at the time

Origin is very experimental

Absolution is very heavy

Black Holes is again experimental

Resistance is very orchestral

so i think that Muse have yet to peak, and have alot more to give!!!

truth.

i love all the albums. hard for me to settle on one when they are all different.

They definitely peaked live on the abso tour... just looking at vids its amazing the energy and how immense the gigs were... much less of a "show" and more just going at it... now days don't even compete.

Abso and OoS in my opinion are their two best albums... BH&R at least you could still go crazy to most of the songs... most of TR (bar MK, Exo1, Exo3, and US) and is just too cheesy to comprehend and take the songs seriously which sucks to be honest.

They definitely peaked live on the abso tour... just looking at vids its amazing the energy and how immense the gigs were... much less of a "show" and more just going at it... now days don't even compete.

Well yeah. It was during the Abso tour that Matt earned his Guinness record...I'm sure he's "outgrown" it, but I'd love to see Kamikaze Matt come back again. :D

Abso's my favorite. With OoS and BH&R probably tying for second. It's not that I don't like the other two, but just like somebody else said, they're just further down the like scale. I looooooove Exogenesis though. It resembles the epicness I dreamed Resistance would be...until it came out.

No, they peaked at OoS. And won't hit that peak again, imo. Abso is a close contender... but no cigar when compared with the former - it has too much epicness :D

Live, however, is a different story altogether... the Abso tour was by far the best of any tour they've done. It'll always be my life's regret and annoyance that I didn't get to go to Earls Court in 04. They were some of their finest gigs. And I would cut off me arm to have been to Glasto 04!! Their stage presence, energy, performance and showmanship was at its peak for sure between 2003 and 2005. They've still given great shows since then, but it's not quite been the same level of brilliance.

I dont think this will be a popular opinion on here, but if you like showbiz more than either BHAR or Resistance, you're listening to the wrong band these days.

I love Showbiz :awesome: They just have such good songs, and they're all a kind of similar genre (similar is used loosely :LOL:), other than BH&R skipping about all over the genres. In terms of songs: there isn't a song that can match Assassin, KoC or SMBH on Showbiz. But the overall quality is much higher. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE (sorry 'bout the caps :happy:) Unintended. It actually fits a situation I'm in at the moment perfectly too :D

Archived