What makes a Muse fan.......a Muse fan?

graciegirl

s'not just you :D only stuff i end up getting off the internet are the obscure b sides..

Me too :happy: I usually get songs from the internet to find out about new bands or if there's like just one song of a certain band or artist.. then I don't buy the whole album.

Oh definitely! I have to own CD's. I can't just have MP3's on my computer. I need solid CD's in front of me :LOL:

:yesey: And they look goood in the shelf ;)

I think it helps to be emotionally unbalanced in some way.

picture.php?albumid=406&pictureid=13511

So so true. :yesey:

And I also think that the fact you go to the store and actually buy the damn CD,not download it illegally makes you a fan. I'm pretty sure that there isn't a single obsessed Muse fan who would download the new album. :rolleyes:

:yesey: And they look goood in the shelf ;)

+100000000

I like to look at them and then pat,like saying:"My pretties...." :LOL:

:yesey:

CDs seem so much more special :happy: even if you download stuff legally from itunes or whatever

I don't feel as if I "own" my music if I download it (I use itunes so all legal and above board!) and where Muse are concerned I have to have the cds so I can read the inlay booklet and have it proudly on display in my collection.

That's the other thing I've noticed; most of us feel that to download Muse illegally is like some sort of sacrilege. A couple of my friends today asked me to copy the Resistance for them; I was horrified and flatly refused. They just laughed at me like I was crazy :confused:

• 6 months later...
I think it helps to be emotionally unbalanced in some way.

picture.php?albumid=406&pictureid=13511

Haha. I am! Lol. I agree with almost everything in this thread so far! Muse is the reason for my existance. I wanna marry Matt. Lol. Well most of there lyrics describe how I feel. They are the only band that I would literally die for. I love no one knowing who they are because that shows I am a true fan. I have every CD and they are the only band that I legaly buy there music. I am OBSESSED with them. Lol

Quite possibly...

I was watching my Making of The Resistance DVD last night and got all emotional at the end.

I was asked at work today if I've ever liked a band as much as I like Muse and to be honest I haven't been this empassioned about music since my old teenage obsessions!

I get goosebumps when I listen to certain Muse songs, no one else has ever been able to do that

This.

Actually, I don't even think the bands I listened to when I was a teen struck a cord in me as strongly as Muse.Though I admit I know very little about the guys themselves, which pretty much excludes me from being a hardcore Muser not knowing what Matt's birthday is and so on, but my love for their music is undeniable. I even like SMBH. Perhaps knowing very little about Twilight has helped in that regard. :D

EDIT: And I totally agree with those who prefer to buy the CD's.

When I was younger I listened to really mediocre popular rock music, and one day I heard Stockholm Syndrome and was kind of floored. I think what draws me to them personally is the level of quality and musicianship that they put into their music. It's truly a rarity nowadays, and when you see Muse (especially live) it just puts into perspective how... not great a lot of other music is.

And it also helps that the music itself is so great, and the guys are really... personable, I think. They don't take themselves too seriously, which I think is a plus.

I don't feel as if I "own" my music if I download it (I use itunes so all legal and above board!) and where Muse are concerned I have to have the cds so I can read the inlay booklet and have it proudly on display in my collection.

That's the other thing I've noticed; most of us feel that to download Muse illegally is like some sort of sacrilege. A couple of my friends today asked me to copy the Resistance for them; I was horrified and flatly refused. They just laughed at me like I was crazy :confused:

I couldn't wait to buy The Resistance, I caved a day before it came out. :$

I never shared it with anyone of course. When it came out I bought it from iTunes, I went to the store and bought the CD, and also ordered the ridiculously expensive but WORTH IT Limited Edition Box Set with the 5.1 DVD.

Muse just hit me as something special right away. I mean... I remember the first time I've heard almost every single song pretty clearly, even before I knew who Muse even were. I'm a person that barely remembers songs after I own it. :stunned:

Obviously the music draws me in and is what keeps me a huge fan, but it also helps that the people in the band are just so interesting as well. There's something about them that is very genuine and likable that makes you just want to care and obsess. There's some kind of chemistry between them that is admirable in a way. I get really emotional when I watch interviews, nevermind when I listen to their music.

Obviously the music draws me in and is what keeps me a huge fan, but it also helps that the people in the band are just so interesting as well. There's something about them that is very genuine and likable that makes you just want to care and obsess.

I can definately agree on that. Its the music that pulls you in and the boys that keep you wanting.

I think one of the things that sets Muse fans apart from many other fans is the fact that we tend to pay a lot of attention to small details in Muse's music. We get excited about things that most non-muse fan listeners tend to overlook or regard as ridiculous/stupid/boring. Example: the SIA! SIA! SIA! in USoE.

Haha. I am! Lol. I agree with almost everything in this thread so far! Muse is the reason for my existance. I wanna marry Matt. Lol. Well most of there lyrics describe how I feel. They are the only band that I would literally die for. I love no one knowing who they are because that shows I am a true fan. I have every CD and they are the only band that I legaly buy there music. I am OBSESSED with them. Lol

Tragic but so true... :facepalm: God we need help...

i just can't defend them when people make fun of them, because i'm the only fan in my school. if i do, all i hear all day is "muse isn't even that good" "muse is gay" which i do still hear every now and them, but i generally ignore it. here's one other girl who likes them, but she only knows uprising and SMBH...but my friend felice is becoming a fan, getting her to listen to old albums now :D

i'm hoping i'll find at least one other obsessive fan in high school :rolleyes:

ah this thread is getting quite emotional :supersad:

as long as we're telling our muse stories i'm gonna' share mine, it'll be long :D

I first heard muse when i was 13 (BHR had just been released) and wasn't terribly into music in general, mostly just stuff my dad listened to (beatles, floyd, stones, queen ect.) and the first couple songs i fell in love with, maybe when i was 10 was Green Tambourine by the Lemon Pipers, Suddenly I See by KT Tunstall, and White Wedding by Billy Idol, weird, I know...

but anyways, my friend was talking to me on aim and linked me the KoC video and told me to watch it. Sadly, I was kind of distracted because I also happened to be completely (how we said in middle school...) *crushing* on this friend, and I just assumed he showed me the video because it was a bit funny, and not necessarily because of the music, which i didn't really listen to.

The next day he showed me the music video to Invincible which I thought was a little dull and only saw a bit of (i kept thinking that the point was the video, not the music, idk why, stupid stupid! :fear:)

However, it piqued my interest enough that i looked them up on itunes, heard the 30 second clip of Supermassive, basically jizzed in my pants, rushed to youtube to listen to Starlight, TIRO, Bliss, MotP, Hysteria, Knights again, and I was blown away. :happy:

My biggest regret though is that I didn't know "Muse" very well for at least the first year of loving their music... for a second I thought they were the erm, four bald men on the cover oh BHR, but I looked them up just to figure out that they were British, there were three of them, and that the frontman's name was Matthew Bellamy. I even remember actively trying to memorize the drummers name, "dom howard dom howard" but I kept forgetting it when trying to tell others about how good the band was. :$

So, to sum everything up, i've always liked Muse very much, practically from the first time I heard them, but now that I know about Matt, Chris and Dom themselves, the history behind them, and everything else that comes with them, it all just feels more wonderful so that my feelings for Muse have grown and developed into something called love :D

I first heard Muse about 2 year ago with knights of cydonia on guitar hero at my mates house. I was instantly blown away by the individual song but didnt look into the band (I wasnt really into music at this stage, aged 12) . Next I stumbled across Starlight on youtube and loved it. I also heard Supermassive Black Hole on FIFA 08. Loved it. Then I bought my first ever album, BH&R, and loved it. And like the person above I thought the band was 4 bald guys (foolish me!). Soon I was buying OOS, then got their other 3 studio albums for christmas. Recently I bought Hullabaloo and I am listening to Map Of Your Head right at this moment. And in that time I did actually work out that they are actually 3 non bald guys, called Matt, Dom and Chris. I have yet to find a band which I connect to on an emotional level as much as Muse. I hope my story of finding Muse wasnt too long winded for you!

I guess the music is just really inspirational and different. You know, when you turn on the TV/radio, most of the stuff sounds the same and a lot of it is about sex, clubbing, drugs, money, etc. Plus, Matt, Dom, and Chris have interesting personalities that kind of draw me to them... :happy:

I discovered Muse on on the 25th of June 2008 when I was going through people's pages on Facebook or Bebo and I found a girl I used to know who seemed to be obcessed with some band called Muse. I was going on holidays the next day and I looked up a few of their songs and I really liked what I heard. I remember downloading:

1. Invincible

2. Starlight

3. Time is Running Out

4. Stockholm Syndromme

5. Knights of Cydonia

I listened to these songs on repeat for weeks. The first song I really, really loved was Invincible and I think the next one was Stockholm Syndromme. I came home and I decided to just download a load of Muse songs from Limewire and stick them on a CD. I loved nearly every song as soon as I heard it. I was amazed by Deadstar.

I was so happy when I saw that they were playing Marley Park a month later but then I realised that I was going to be away again for the gig. :( When I saw the setlist after I was heartbroken. They played Space Dementia and Deadstar FFS!

I suppose my proper obsession started around xmas 2008. I had no idea what the guys names where but I was watching videos of their memorising performances on Youtube constantly and then one day I watched an interview and I realised that they were actually really funny guys. I joined Muselive and started to lurk here.

I've been obsessed ever since and have bought all their CD's, DVD's etc. I've never been so devoted to a band in my life. :LOL:

for a second I thought they were the erm, four bald men on the cover oh BHR,

:LOL: Good to know I wasn't the only one.

Archived