What makes a Muse fan.......a Muse fan?

graciegirl

Oh, we're all sharing our Muse testimonies? :LOL:

Well, here goes.

I'm going to say about 5 years ago was when I first heard of them, I only actually listened to them about half a year later and I was hooked from the instant I heard Bliss. Long story, but I had a really lonely childhood and they made it feel like life was worth living, and their music made me see the world differently. The first actual Muse album I bought was Black Holes & Revelations though, I'm pretty sure I *illegally* had low quality mp3's before I started buying the CD's. :shifty:

:awesome:

*tis a bit long sorry*

I only discovered muse when starlight came out. And I was like this is so different this is a sound that is missingfrom the generation, I went and got black holes and relevations and listend to that 3times in a row, and i believe that is what started my artist veins exploding still does.

Then i got Haarp and i still didnt know much and then i heard the songs on there and i went and backtracked.

The thing i would say i love the most about Muse is how thier music is able to reach inside the deepest part of your soul and opens the door of your mind and sends the soul on a journey to where ever you'd like to go. And Muse has helped open up my artistic side moreso i was already creative but there is something about muse's music that is able to reach in and open it up like a rain kissing the dry ground after a drought. (cheesy, cheesy i know)

And also they are three most normal,loveable adorable guys they are the guys that you would love to have at a party or talk to, I know some of us wouldnt mind a wicked way with the band members. And when the music is playing on the radio you know its them you dont need to listen to try and figure out who they are you know they are muse.

I also love how they take the time and effort to give us the very thing that makes us go out to see,buy and hear as they them selves are perfectionist as well.

The final part is gunna be as cheesy as ever i know but i find that us fans are intelligent,loyal, we usually get along though divided and we talk about a vast variety of topics as that is what muse writes thier songs on and i have found us to be a creative bunch of people look some of our sigs,lolz,you tube etc,etc

To me a Muse fan is someone who, quite simply, just loves Muse's music. I don't think it matters how long you've liked them for, how many gigs you've been too, how much of their music and merchandise you own - just how much you admire them.

I for one have only really been into them since about last April, and although I have a copy of each of their albums now, I'm still about to go to my first gig in September, and apart from that I have nothing Muse related on me. That aside, you ask anyone who knows me who my favourite band is and they'll tell you it's Muse, because they know how much I love them (mainly because I go on about them alot, but you get the point).

To me a Muse fan is someone who, quite simply, just loves Muse's music. I don't think it matters how long you've liked them for, how many gigs you've been too, how much of their music and merchandise you own - just how much you admire them.

:LOL: Yes, that's true, too. I guess this thread pushed more the direction of what about Muse themselves that makes so many fans obsessive.

Gah I love these guys. I think having a strong online community, helps, too. We all start fueling our obsession for Muse through each other.

well, I'm a Muse fan because I agree with everything they stand for. Invincible = truth, and whenever I hear those or other lyrics I can't help but think, these guys know what they're talking about. And it makes me happy to know there's not just idiots running around in the world.

I also respect them a lot for just doing what they want to do, like with BHR and the Resistance. I didn't really like BHR because it wasn't like their previous albums, but I really started appreciating it when the Resistance came out. Both CD's are fucken brilliant, but completely different from what the 'older', OoS-generation fans are used to.

it's strange to say, but I love and respect them for not listening to the fans when it comes to new albums, but also for listening when it really does quite matter (MK Ultra for the tour!).

Back in 2005 when i was getting into rock music i was like 15 and had no clue about music before i was listening to Mcfly and blue :facepalm: i'm :$ to even admit to what a stupid 15 year old was listening to >.< my friend had came up to my house dumped a load of new music on my pc told me to listen to Muse which i did and fell in love with their music :D and since then ive listened to them constantly for the past 5 years ive never looked back xD 2006 i got to see them live i was so emotional to :LOL: plus theyve helped some through some bad times i think without Muse i wouldnt probly have coped :rolleyes: plus i'm not as passionate about their music as any other bands i listen to =/

Why do people think the music they listen to before Muse is stupid or bad? I still listen to a lot of songs I liked before Muse just significantly less. I'm not picking on anyone, just something I've noticed here over time.

I heard Hysteria on the radio in 2004 and put it on my iPod along with TiRO. I casually followed their music, knew about SMBH, Starlight, when BHaR came out. Never really got obessively into them until about a year ago. I read an article in Esquire, one of those 75 Things Every Man Should Have, and one of the things was to know literally everything about one band. I figured, Muse is kinda my favorite now, so I dug deeper into their music and here I am now. One of my more clever decisions.

A quick related question though, do lots of other bands make "behind the scenes footage" available? Like how Muse has their funny moments and loads of interviews, making of TR and others, etc. Are they pretty much the only band to do that? I think that has a lot to do with why people get so into them.

time is running out got me into muse. i fall in love to that song at very first time i listened to it. then i listen to all of their songs and i became more n more in love, hehe. well, i became a big fan of muse because i love their music and the lyrics. both really touching my soul, my heart, and my mind. *sigh*. it feels like falling in love to someone, your soulmate, but in this case is music, haha. but this is not just because of their music, but also their personalities, i mean, they're good men, funny, cute, humble, etc.

In my case, this is what makes me a fan:

• I have 54 DVDs between bootlegs and official releases
  • I have all the albums bought as CDs and from iTunes
  • I have on my iPod all the singles, b-sides and 30 live concerts in mp3 (including HAARP and Hullabaloo)
  • I drove over 800 miles to see them in 4 cities over 5 days
  • I am flying to the UK to see them in Wembley in September
  • I haven't listened to any other music for the last 6 months.

Mmmh, maybe, more than a fan I'm a Muse-addict :stunned::LOL:

It's one of those undescribable things, but I've been wondering it myself for a while now, so I feel like trying to describe it..

It's like, whenever you see/hear/recognise anything muse related (or even not muse related, but has the most infinitesmal detail about it that COULD be muse related :LOL:) you swell with excitement, you get this almost desperate feeling.

It's being prefectly happy to listen to ANY muse song over and over rather than ANYTHING else

It's their style, personality, sound, actions, words, lyrics, music, talent, flaws and positives, everything and anything about the three, you love unconditionally.

It's keeping your head about your fan-ness, if that makes sense, yes we all want to rape Matt Bellamy, but we wouldn't because there's a civility and intelligence that sets us apart (just because Muse are the most clever, intelligent band I have ever known, both in themselves and musically)

It is, I guess, the appreciation for their different and unique music, for example, we prefer the b-sides and unusual songs that are rare and not often listened to by the general public, simply because they aren't mainstream

It is our belief that uniqueness is better than "fitting in"

and much much more hahahaha, this just scratches the surface. :LOL:

It's one of those undescribable things, but I've been wondering it myself for a while now, so I feel like trying to describe it..

It's like, whenever you see/hear/recognise anything muse related (or even not muse related, but has the most infinitesmal detail about it that COULD be muse related :LOL:) you swell with excitement, you get this almost desperate feeling.

It's being prefectly happy to listen to ANY muse song over and over rather than ANYTHING else

It's their style, personality, sound, actions, words, lyrics, music, talent, flaws and positives, everything and anything about the three, you love unconditionally.

It's keeping your head about your fan-ness, if that makes sense, yes we all want to rape Matt Bellamy, but we wouldn't because there's a civility and intelligence that sets us apart (just because Muse are the most clever, intelligent band I have ever known, both in themselves and musically)

It is, I guess, the appreciation for their different and unique music, for example, we prefer the b-sides and unusual songs that are rare and not often listened to by the general public, simply because they aren't mainstream

It is our belief that uniqueness is better than "fitting in"

and much much more hahahaha, this just scratches the surface. :LOL:

+ 1 million :LOL: This post pretty much describes all (or most) of us on this website.

this is kind of a weird take on being a fan, I wonder if anyone else feels the same.

I really love and respect Muse, they're amazing musicians and I really believe they pour every ounce of their energy into their music whether it be in the albums, or their live shows.

This is the weird part. I feel like I share so many of the same ideas/beliefs as Matt, that I really can't listen to them all the time because it gets a bit, well.. depressing? or just.. I can't explain it. it's weird. it just becomes TOO MUCH at one point, like it's over-indulging in my own thoughts or something?

does anyone know what i'm trying to say haha

What makes me love Muse?

Their originality - no-one else sounds like them. I love originality in music, I don't want to hear the latest version of something that's been done a dozen times before by other artists.

I can listen to the same song 100 times and still think 'wow' or 'F**k that's a great song' when it ends.

I've been listening to them almost constantly for a year (with a fair bit of radio in between) and I'm still not bored of their music. That's never happened to me before. There's always been a point where I think 'yeah, heard that one too much, sick of it now'. Not with the majority of Muse songs.

when I put my ipod on, it's always Muse I want to listen to. Always. Nothing else seems comparably good.

Also Matt, Dom and Chris just seem like such lovely guys, like they'd be so easy to be mates with. They don't seem to possess that rock star swagger that afflicts so many stars when they become huge and sets them apart from 'normal' people.

And another thing - Matt's voice is so easy for me to sing along to because of his huge range. That's a big plus.

Then there's the fact that I like every song they've ever recorded (with the possible exception of Jimmy Kane but I expect that will grow on me in time). With most other bands' albums, there's one or two songs I'm not that keen on. Not so with Muse.

Also the range of styles in their music. I especially like the Spanish influences but then there's the whole piano thing, the hard-rock guitars, the fat bass riffs, the electronic influences. So many different styles in one big package. What more could you want?

Hmmm basically what everyone said above is what makes a Muse fan, a Muse fan, so yeah to summarize why I'm a fan is first obviously because I love their music, absolutely focking adore their personalities, they never fail to make my day. I've watched the SIT THE FUCK DOWN video at least 3029380239482034892034982 times already but it will always be my favourite youtube video. I love them for appreciating us-fans, so always keeping us updated via twitter facebook, etc and that means not posting some formal bs like "So and so are to play a gig in wherever"...and that's the only post you see for the next month, but rather posting updates from every city and each event, gig, whatever. The biggest indicator is probably that, whenever someone mentions Muse, Dom, Matt, Chris, Kirky, Morgan, Showbiz, OOS, Absolution, BH&R, The Resistance, Hullabaloo, HAARP basically anything Muse related you get that feeling like you're in love and start smiling. :musesign:

I was and still am really into Track and Field, and I saw this video on a track website: http://www.flotrack.org/videos/speaker/1401-usain-bolt/146697-track-and-field-world-records

It sent a chill down my spine, and I listened to TiRO on repeat for a week, but then forgot about them, until at some point I went through songs I had favorited and started to listen to it again, then saw SMBH and thought "This is kinda strange, but its good". I had listened to Queen and just other random stuff, but had never had any strong tastes in music, and actually wasn't really into music because I didn't see the point in any of it-it was all the same manufactured lyrics about nothing. After a few days, I went back and searched for Muse songs on Youtube and found Invincible, and got that stuck in my head for a week. After it was out of my head, I just found more and more music videos and liked all of them. But when I heard Butterflies & Hurricanes, my life literally changed. It was exactly what I had been trying to find out about myself for the last couple years, and this song has driven me to do every single thing I do since the moment I first heard the song. The lyrics weren't meaningless-they were all the meaning that my life had been striving for. As soon as the song finished, I downloaded all their albums (I have since bought The Resistance and concert tickets, so I'm not too guilty about it). And since that day (I still know it was May 15th, 2009 from iTunes) I have and will probably always be a Muse fan.

For all reasons people have said.

And because they're special! :awesome: It's not like a simple "Oh great music..." I mean, I know so much about them and I think Dom,Chris and Matt are amazing. I don't care about any other band the same way. Hardly know their names as well. But I love MUSE.

We're all bat shit insane :happy:

But in all seriousness, what makes it for me and what really hooked me was the quality of the music and how huge it was for only 3 guys. Especially nowadays, I want something more from my music than just 3-minute catchy hook melodies with a hot lead singer. I like music that's big. I like it epic. And if I'm paying $60+ for a show, I want a SHOW. My other favorite band has 5 members and has done a fairly good job of staying relevant through the years, but this last album and tour left me wanting something. It almost seemed like they weren't even trying anymore. It almost felt like "Here's something to listen to, now leave us alone for a few years." I've never felt like that with Muse. I always feel like there is growth and appreciation there in every album and every gig. Even on a personal level, I feel much more appreciated with Muse than other bands. I've met the guitarist for my other favorite band and although he was polite, it just seemed to be much more of a "Hi. Nice to meet you. Take a picture. Bye" with him, and it wasn't a meet and greet. When I met Matt, I was actually able to talk with him and he seemed genuinely interested in me and why the hell I would travel to see them :LOL: The next time I listened to them after meeting him, I cried because it all just got more real for me.

The other big thing for me is the friendships that have developed because of this band. I've met so many people and had so many positive experiences with other Musers that I've never had with fans of any other band. Half the reason I travel to see the shows is because I have friends all over the world now that I want to see along with Muse. So many things changed in my life the day that I first heard Muse and it's because of them these people have come into my life. So, yeah, I may be a little crazy. But I'm happier now than I have ever been :)

In my case, this is what makes me a fan:

• I have 54 DVDs between bootlegs and official releases
  • I have all the albums bought as CDs and from iTunes
  • I have on my iPod all the singles, b-sides and 30 live concerts in mp3 (including HAARP and Hullabaloo)
  • I drove over 800 miles to see them in 4 cities over 5 days
  • I am flying to the UK to see them in Wembley in September
  • I haven't listened to any other music for the last 6 months.

Mmmh, maybe, more than a fan I'm a Muse-addict :stunned::LOL:

Wow, that's real commitment :eek:

Archived