What makes a Muse fan.......a Muse fan?

graciegirl

A Muse fan loves OoS and hates BH&R onwards.

:rolleyes:

i agree, but i feel like i have to love everything they do because i love them so much :S

so i love the resistance, but its almost forced..... and i pretend to like uprising and SMBH :(

but back to the question.....

i get obsessed with stuff easily, but its never for more than a month..... but this........ ever since i've heard of them i've been obsessed.

im only 11, so i cant afford all their merchandise,i've only been to one Muse gig (but im going to wembly!!!!!!!!! :D), i cant fly across the world to see them, i cant have all their albums (i only have most of them, my parents wont let me buy all of them), i cant meet them because i live in london, one of the most muse loving cities in the world, so i have no chance ever. and normaly, when i find something impossible or really hard, i give up completely, and yet, im in love with muse. i would die for them. i cry whenever i think of them getting hurt. i hate anyone who disses them. i dream of killing myself for them. they keep me from killing myself, as my life is really messed up ( i was almost raped when i was 10, my brother is disabled, and my sister is a [i hate to say it] slag. :( )

Muse are so unique, and perfect...... all those interviews, they seem so nice, and matts facebook said how he was sorry he couldn't meet everyone..... so he obviously cares. oh yahoo i asked "how can i get in touch with muse?" and everyone was like "GTFO, they dont want to talk to you. so fuck off" and stuff......... it really hurt me, as all i wanted to say to muse was that i love them, even though they probably get millions of those emails a day, i still just wanted them to know........

but muse are just amazing..... i found i got bored of stuff like owl city and coldplay after about a week..... but muse i've been listening to an hour every day, for over a year, i and love their songs even more than i can imagine...... especialy the b-sides.... they are amazing!!!!! Hullabaloo <3

ive almost killed myself so many times i cant count... but muse keep me alive.....

im in love with matt, dom and chris.

if someone says something with the lyrics of a song/song name/even related to muse, i quote them.... i swell up, and i get depressed if one of them is hurt (e.g. matt still loving gaia)

and dont say i dont know what love is, because i know. i've had my fair share of boyfriends, so i know what love isnt, i've read SO many novels, i've been obsessed with so much stuff and people.... all i've been through.... i KNOW what love really is...... and thats how i feel about muse.... not a "omg i love muse" but a "im in love with muse, i would do anything for them. diss muse and you will ACTUALY not wake up. they keep me alive. i think of them every moment of my life. if they died [god (even though i dont believe in god) forbid that that will ever happen] i would kill myself....."

i read a rumour they were going to split up....... i broke down.... for hours.......... i considered suicide..... but then i found out it was just a rumour...... and i wanted to die of happieness!

i love muse.... it isn't rational........ but i cant let them go.... and i never will, and never want to.

<3 Muse (i really do...)

i don't really know, but I happen to be apart of two of the wildest most die-hard fanbases ever (NIN and Muse)

Something about the bass of Muse songs, Matt's vocals, their personalities, the guitar from Plug-in Baby...and Knights of Cydonia...

i get obsessed with stuff easily, but its never for more than a month..... but this........ ever since i've heard of them i've been obsessed.

im only 11, so i cant afford all their merchandise,i've only been to one Muse gig (but im going to wembly!!!!!!!!! :D), i cant fly across the world to see them, i cant have all their albums (i only have most of them, my parents wont let me buy all of them), i cant meet them because i live in london, one of the most muse loving cities in the world, so i have no chance ever. and normaly, when i find something impossible or really hard, i give up completely, and yet, im in love with muse. i would die for them. i cry whenever i think of them getting hurt. i hate anyone who disses them. i dream of killing myself for them. they keep me from killing myself, as my life is really messed up ( i was almost raped when i was 10, my brother is disabled, and my sister is a [i hate to say it] slag. :( )

Muse are so unique, and perfect...... all those interviews, they seem so nice, and matts facebook said how he was sorry he couldn't meet everyone..... so he obviously cares. oh yahoo i asked "how can i get in touch with muse?" and everyone was like "GTFO, they dont want to talk to you. so fuck off" and stuff......... it really hurt me, as all i wanted to say to muse was that i love them, even though they probably get millions of those emails a day, i still just wanted them to know........

but muse are just amazing..... i found i got bored of stuff like owl city and coldplay after about a week..... but muse i've been listening to an hour every day, for over a year, i and love their songs even more than i can imagine...... especialy the b-sides.... they are amazing!!!!! Hullabaloo <3

ive almost killed myself so many times i cant count... but muse keep me alive.....

if someone says something with the lyrics of a song/song name/even related to muse, i quote them.... i swell up, and i get depressed if one of them is hurt (e.g. matt still loving gaia)

and dont say i dont know what love is, because i know. i've had my fair share of boyfriends, so i know what love isnt, i've read SO many novels, i've been obsessed with so much stuff and people.... all i've been through.... i KNOW what love really is...... and thats how i feel about muse.... not a "omg i love muse" but a "im in love with muse, i would do anything for them. diss muse and you will ACTUALY not wake up. they keep me alive. i think of them every moment of my life. if they died [god (even though i dont believe in god) forbid that that will ever happen] i would kill myself....."

i read a rumour they were going to split up....... i broke down.... for hours.......... i considered suicide..... but then i found out it was just a rumour...... and i wanted to die of happieness!

i love muse.... it isn't rational........ but i cant let them go.... and i never will, and never want to.

<3 Muse (i really do...)

I don't think this level obsession is healthy. Have you talked to anyone about the suicide thing? They're just a band - yes the best band in the world, but still just a band. Not worth ending your life over if something should happen to them. Please get someone to talk to about these suicidal fears. That shouldn't be normal in an 11-year-old.

I don't think this level obsession is healthy. Have you talked to anyone about the suicide thing? They're just a band - yes the best band in the world' date=' but still just a band. Not worth ending your life over if something should happen to them. Please get someone to talk to about these suicidal fears. That shouldn't be normal in an 11-year-old.[/quote']

This.

@hey Now, I mean granted Muse give me a certain level of happiness, keep me from being sad, but I don't think it's normal to feel suicidal over rumors that a band's going to break up... :erm:

I would talk to someone about this whole thing, not healthy. :noey:

And not to down you or anything, but you're 11, you don't know what love is. A relationship when you're 10/11 is definitely not made to last...

And in love with Muse? I haven't even been in love with a guy yet... :erm:

This scares me. :stunned:

LOL i could lie and say that i've been a hardcore fan forever but noo unfortunately that's not true. It's just because i dont know ANYONE who listens to them and nobody told me about them and the amazing god...Matt Bellamy. It's crazy i know, dont hate on me because i'm new ok? :D i heard Uprising while i was cheerleading (cheerleading+muse= epic lmao) but i had no idea who was singing it so i was just walking around and singing "WE WILL BE VICTOOOORIOUS". I couldnt get that song out of my head. and the next day my Twilight obsessed friend convinced me to watch twilight..i hated it. UGHHH I HATE TWILIGHT SHIT WITH PASSION! The only thing that was good with the film was the amazing music that played during the baseball scene (Muse ofc :p). So last year i was singing those both songs without knowing who was the band who played them.

I became a fan this year actually in january. i'm gonna be straight honest now... the first time i heard about Muse i hadn't get any sleep. actually i kinda NEVER sleep. So i was sitting there alone kind of panicking and watching MTV and then they played Undisclosed desires and when Matt started singing i was like.....WOW. It felt like someone just gave me the best drug ever you know what i mean lol? It felt like my life finally got a purpose. So i was sitting there in awe and STARING at the tv screen. He was just so fucking UNBELIEVEABLY hot and that voice... yeah owwwww W-O-W. And that song calmed me down so i actually went to sleep after 3 days. I'm not a depressed person really but then after a few weeks i was EXTREMELY CLOSE TO suicide after relapsing into hell (eating disorder...see i really am honest i've never told anyone about this) I was surfing the internet and downloading songs to my ipod i thought that i always wanted to download some Muse songs, so i better do while i'm still alive. So i randomly bought Invincible. It made me cry. and i listened to it over & over again like......50 times. I'm not joking. AND guess what i felt like it was my rebirth. I wanted to LIVE again. so i bought ALL the Muse songs i could find on Itunes and downloaded the rest extra songs (i couldnt find them sorry lol) and i was just lying there in my bed and i was listening to all those songs and after that experience my life is never going to be the same again.

Now i actually had something to live for. this sounds cheesy i know but that's exactly what happened. I watched all the youtube videos with muse, i learned the lyrics, i read the interviews... and it felt like i've known them forever :D Seriously Matt Bellamy saved my life. my eating disorder is GONE after 5 years.And now whenever i feel mad, like killing someone,or if i just wanna laugh or maybe even cry i listen to Muse and i always feel better afterwards. MUSE IS MY DRUG I CANT LIVE WITHOUT THEM! See i became obsessed with them after one night. And i fell in love with Matt :D seriously all the guys have awesome personalitys. they're hilarious... and thanks to Muse i'm alive and writing this right now....<3

And i swear i'm not a obsessed psycho! i just love them very very much! and i wouldnt kill myself because of them but they actually helped me with WANTING to live. and now i feel much better because of them. And it's fucking amazing how much their music actually helped me...

LOL i could lie and say that i've been a hardcore fan forever but noo unfortunately that's not true. It's just because i dont know ANYONE who listens to them and nobody told me about them and the amazing god...Matt Bellamy. It's crazy i know, dont hate on me because i'm new ok? :D i heard Uprising while i was cheerleading (cheerleading+muse= epic lmao) but i had no idea who was singing it so i was just walking around and singing "WE WILL BE VICTOOOORIOUS". I couldnt get that song out of my head. and the next day my Twilight obsessed friend convinced me to watch twilight..i hated it. UGHHH I HATE TWILIGHT SHIT WITH PASSION! The only thing that was good with the film was the amazing music that played during the baseball scene (Muse ofc :p). So last year i was singing those both songs without knowing who was the band who played them.

I became a fan this year actually in january. i'm gonna be straight honest now... the first time i heard about Muse i hadn't get any sleep. actually i kinda NEVER sleep. So i was sitting there alone kind of panicking and watching MTV and then they played Undisclosed desires and when Matt started singing i was like.....WOW. It felt like someone just gave me the best drug ever you know what i mean lol? It felt like my life finally got a purpose. So i was sitting there in awe and STARING at the tv screen. He was just so fucking UNBELIEVEABLY hot and that voice... yeah owwwww W-O-W. And that song calmed me down so i actually went to sleep after 3 days. I'm not a depressed person really but then after a few weeks i was EXTREMELY CLOSE TO suicide after relapsing into hell (eating disorder...see i really am honest i've never told anyone about this) I was surfing the internet and downloading songs to my ipod i thought that i always wanted to download some Muse songs, so i better do while i'm still alive. So i randomly bought Invincible. It made me cry. and i listened to it over & over again like......50 times. I'm not joking. AND guess what i felt like it was my rebirth. I wanted to LIVE again. so i bought ALL the Muse songs i could find on Itunes and downloaded the rest extra songs (i couldnt find them sorry lol) and i was just lying there in my bed and i was listening to all those songs and after that experience my life is never going to be the same again.

Now i actually had something to live for. this sounds cheesy i know but that's exactly what happened. I watched all the youtube videos with muse, i learned the lyrics, i read the interviews... and it felt like i've known them forever :D Seriously Matt Bellamy saved my life. my eating disorder is GONE after 5 years.And now whenever i feel mad, like killing someone,or if i just wanna laugh or maybe even cry i listen to Muse and i always feel better afterwards. MUSE IS MY DRUG I CANT LIVE WITHOUT THEM! See i became obsessed with them after one night. And i fell in love with Matt :D seriously all the guys have awesome personalitys. they're hilarious... and thanks to Muse i'm alive and writing this right now....<3

And i swear i'm not a obsessed psycho! i just love them very very much! and i wouldnt kill myself because of them but they actually helped me with WANTING to live. and now i feel much better because of them. And it's fucking amazing how much their music actually helped me...

You...hurt...my...eyes

<3 Muse (i really do...)

Oh my god my brother is 11 years old and he wouldnt ever be able to write this. Haha. i must say you are smart for a 11 year old. i'm 15 and i completely understand what you mean....and no they wont split up :D

Oh my god my brother is 11 years old and he wouldnt ever be able to write this. Haha. i must say you are smart for a 11 year old. i'm 15 and i completely understand what you mean....and no they wont split up :D

:stunned:

Don't encourage it, she'd commit suicide for them!

And please, PLEASE learn to type correctly. lmao.

Dear god.....

SORRY I AM SOOOOO DRUNK!!!!!!

If you're 15, why are you drunk? That's not... impressive or anything, just stupid. :p

I mean, not to sound like a priest or anything, just it's unhealthy to drink at this age, your system can't handle it :chuckle:

If you're 15, why are you drunk? That's not... impressive or anything, just stupid. :p

I mean, not to sound like a priest or anything, just it's unhealthy to drink at this age, your system can't handle it :chuckle:

HAHAHAHA! I KNOW! my family had some friends over here and i randomly took something to drink with alcohol in it i had NO idea it was alcohol in it. i mean it was Coke mixed with something. but supossedly it was alcohol so now i'm wasted ugh :( blame my crazy pareeeents!!!!!!

Actually i've seen how alcohol can ruin a person's life if that person cant handle it so i must say that i'm not stupid like most of my friends are! (see i'm smart even when i'm drunk lmao) i dont usually drink..

HAHAHAHA! I KNOW! my family had some friends over here and i randomly took something to drink with alcohol in it i had NO idea it was alcohol in it. i mean it was Coke with something. but supossedly it was alcohol so now i'm wasted ugh :( blame my crazy pareeeents

:facepalm: I seeee...

I've decided that what makes a Muse fan a Muse fan is first and foremost knowing all of the songs, unlike most of the people tweeting from the gigs :LOL:

LMAO it's not my fault it's 7 am here, i didnt sleep this whole night and i had a little too much to drink?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And we should be friends... i guess you are from norway? I'M FROM SWEDEEEEN you are my freaking neighbor.

Hello neighbour :awesome:

• 5 weeks later...

I was first introduced to Muse when I was 16 or 17 (2005 or 2006) through the radio (Time Is Running Out). But I only started listening to other Muse songs until a few months later when a classmate got excited when she found out that I knew who Muse was (since most of our classmates don't).

From then onwards, our friendship blossomed and our eternal love for Muse expanded exponentially. I came to love Plug in Baby, Newborn, Hysteria, Supermassive Blackhole, Knights of Cydonia and my personal favourite, Stockholm Syndrome. My friend even nicknamed herself 'Queen of the Superficial'.

Both of us, gig-virgins, planned to head for their concert in early 2007 (their first ever gig in Singapore!) but we had to cancel it due to her father's objection. (We were still in school!!!)

However, there is light at the end of every MUSE-deaf tunnel, we finally went in Feb 2010 (The Resistance Tour). And we bought the tickets for the standing pit (aka moshing pit) and despite our bruises, loss of mobile phone, dehydration and near-fatal stampedes, it was one of the most enjoyable nights of my life.

All I can say is, if she hadn't went to my now-defunct Friendster profile in the school computer room and saw my Muse music upload, she wouldn't have turned around and shrieked (in delight of course) 'OMG! YOU KNOW MUSE!!!'

:D

• 3 months later...

i think we all have this thing in common... we love so much the band that we protect them and we will do everything in our hands to be a good fan, me for example... missed two school days, in the middle of exams period, exams:maths and chemistry... i failed both subjects, just for two hours of full happiness... and let's not talk about the money i spend...

we're so much into the band that we'll do anything for them, i think that's what bring us together, more than other bands fans, we unite in another level...

I think a true muse fan gets genuinely frustrated or even upset in a way when they don't perform to their full potential, regarding set lists at recent gigs. But at the same time loves them for what they do and who they and of course no every single song, or near enough. :)

Me personally, I was never really interested in their music. I had 3 of their albums and I didn't listen to them much. (they were a bit too "weird" for me :rolleyes:)

I happen to notice that they were performing fairly close to where I lived. I just wanted to go to their concert because I thought it would be pretty fun. We just moved 600 miles so I was a bit depressed leaving home. I needed something to do that was fun. I was absolutely blown away by Muse's performance. It was so unbelievable powerful. After that I was completely hooked. They're music has something else to it that I can't describe. After truly discovering Muse it completely changed my view for other music. I underestimated how powerful music can be. I know it's not like that for all people but it is to me. I can often have loads of trouble falling asleep, but I can put in Absolution and be guaranteed to be asleep by the end of the album. Muse has completely changed my view on music. And they seem like very down to earth and sweet guys. (I know, I know, this all sounds sad and cheesy but it's true) :p

Archived